Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i normally wouldn't do this, but i don't know what else to do. there is no one i can talk to in my life about what is going on in my relationship that i trust or want to talk to so i figured asking anonymously online might be at least worth a chance. Ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now and until recently everything was amazing and seemed to be perfect. for like 9 months it was like he was my best friend who always wanted to make me laugh and we were always happy but lately it just hasn't been the same and it like hurts so much i just want to cry sometimes i feel like he is like pretending now, pretending to be happy and pretending to love me and just waiting to break up with me when the time is right! i don't know why this is happening has this ever happened to anyone else on this site who could maybe give me some insight on what happened with their relationship or something? it just sucks and i don't know what to do anymore i feel like i am just waiting for him to end it and it really hurts if anyone has anything helpful to say or anything at all send me a message or something

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Okay so i normally wouldn't do this, but i don't know what else to do. there is no one i can talk to in my life about what is going on in my relationship that i trust or want to talk to so i figured asking anonymously online might be at least worth a chance. Ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now and until recently everything was amazing and seemed to be perfect. for like 9 months it was like he was my best friend who always wanted to make me laugh and we were always happy but lately it just hasn't been the same and it like hurts so much i just want to cry sometimes i feel like he is like pretending now, pretending to be happy and pretending to love me and just waiting to break up with me when the time is right! i don't know why this is happening has this ever happened to anyone else on this site who could maybe give me some insight on what happened with their relationship or something? it just sucks and i don't know what to do anymore i feel like i am just waiting for him to end it and it really hurts if anyone has anything helpful to say or anything at all send me a message or something
What does he say about all this ? I assume if you are feeling this way you talked with him about it. Maybe you're over thinking it, maybe he doesn't have a clue you feel this way, maybe nothing has changed, maybe everything has changed. My only advice would be to tell him exactly what you just told us. If you can't do it face to face, write him a letter. After dating for a year, there shouldn't be a problem with telling him where your stand, and how you feel the relationship is progressing. Only he can give you the answers you're looking for, we can only assume and speculate which isn't going to make things any better in the bigger picture. Good luck thou :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does he say about all this ? I assume if you are feeling this way you talked with him about it. Maybe you're over thinking it, maybe he doesn't have a clue you feel this way, maybe nothing has changed, maybe everything has changed. My only advice would be to tell him exactly what you just told us. If you can't do it face to face, write him a letter. After dating for a year, there shouldn't be a problem with telling him where your stand, and how you feel the relationship is progressing. Only he can give you the answers you're looking for, we can only assume and speculate which isn't going to make things any better in the bigger picture. Good luck thou :)
he just tells me that he still loves me and acts the same as ever ive tried to tell everything and he just says everything is okay and that he will always love me just the same stuff for the first 9 months, but since then he has turned 21 and is always drinking at night and sometimes when hes drunk he just says stuff that REALLY makes me think hes just pretending it all, i love him so much i dont want to break up but i dont know what to do sometimes it seems like things are the same as before and that all is well only to have it all change in an instant. he never used to get mad at me or be disrespectful but now it feels like it happens everyday i am just unsure of what to do and it sucks that he IS the only person i have to talk to /sigh

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
he just tells me that he still loves me and acts the same as ever ive tried to tell everything and he just says everything is okay and that he will always love me just the same stuff for the first 9 months, but since then he has turned 21 and is always drinking at night and sometimes when hes drunk he just says stuff that REALLY makes me think hes just pretending it all, i love him so much i dont want to break up but i dont know what to do sometimes it seems like things are the same as before and that all is well only to have it all change in an instant. he never used to get mad at me or be disrespectful but now it feels like it happens everyday i am just unsure of what to do and it sucks that he IS the only person i have to talk to /sigh
If he's often angry at you and makes you feel unrespected, you are not in a good relationship.

You have to look out for yourself first and foremost. Don't be afraid to confront him about his behaviour. If he doesn't change even after that, you may have to start reconsidering your relationship.

If he's the only person that you interact with on a regular basis it may be more difficult to leave him. Don't let that hold you back - you have other options. There are good guys out there and you deserve the best of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts