Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in feedback on my MBTI, enneagram, and sociotype. Thank you.

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is a perception specific value or concept that orients your point of view toward an object/concept/person/experience. I'd consider it subjective and point of view dependent with less objective/inherent existence as a particular sort of energy. Love is an objective energy that exists most purely on a conceptual level and lays the foundation to create and extend other values/building blocks/experiences/feelings. Love is a type of connection that exists at a soul level, is inherent in all people, and can be channeled outward or inward, and is sort of like an internet, but not the computer type. Basically beauty originates as an individual point of view and expands, and love originates as a collective energy and is internalized.

2. What are your most important values?

Autonomy, freedom, understanding, connection, intellectual exploration and expansion, and growth.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I hold spiritual beliefs not affiliated with any religion.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I don't have a general opinion on war and militaries. It's context dependent. As long as there is war, militaries are necessary, and as long as there are militaries, war is inevitable. In general, war is the way we as humans exist, evolve, and destroy ourselves.

Power can be a lot of things, also depending on context. It's will that gives you power, so power is a type of will. Even in situations where you are completely subjugated, where there's will, there's power. I think, on an individual level, it's also a type of self control. On a societal level, it's about dominance.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long conversations about lots of things... I suppose conversations I enjoy most and want to go on for longest are those where I am learning something about the other person or about myself (or both). I like the intensity of that. I also can enjoy the intensity of debate, but only in specific situations/with specific people, and I like to analyse concepts and other people in conversation. I am drawn toward weirdness - weird people, weird conversation topics - because it's only interesting when it's weird. And by weird, I mean intriguing, unknown, strange, fascinating.

I'm interested in too many things to list.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I am interested in medicine as a conversation topic from the point of view of critiquing it and questioning the social narrative around it. I'm not focused on my body.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Boring. Not even worth talking about.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

My favorite books are My Name is Asher Lev, The Hobbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Wicked, Richard II, and The Pillowman. I only really read nonfiction now though. In terms of movies, I really like documentaries and have seen some amazing ones that belong on that list but I can't remember what they were called.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Situations where I witness or experience abject suffering can provoke a tearful response in me. I smile to express approval.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Umm. Depends on my mood and motivations. I suppose I feel at one with the environment in nature usually, though I can feel at one with the environment in cities too. So it's not hard for me to do that. I can basically feel at one with any environment. However, I hardly ever feel a sense of belonging and when I do, it's because of the person I'm with, not the environment. I am often the outsider of groups of people and take on the observer/listener role in social situations.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People have described me with almost every negative adjective in existence so that honestly makes it hard to say what people in general see as my weaknesses beyond viewing me as a horrible person. I think my weaknesses are self righteousness, being hard on others for their faults, lack of trust, feeling the urge to stir the pot, bluntness, and being too dismissive.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I think my strengths are determination, the ability to understand others, creativity, lack of intellectual rigidity, and intelligence.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

None.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Of course. Usually when I feel stuck it's because I can't actively change my own situation or pursue my goals and dreams. I also get stuck mentally if I can't put the pieces together or make sense of something I need to make sense of, and I run the risk of losing my understanding of more basic concepts while I try to work out the less basic ones, and then end up reshaping the basic ones from my understanding of the more complex ones.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I value empathy, intelligence, and mischievousness in others. I am easily bored. There has to be something fascinating about them. Like a particular spark. It's hard to describe. I can get along with lots of people though if I want to.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Basically the same qualities as listed above, though I like surprises. I also like people with backbones who I can trust and who are dignified and not idiotic, challenge the status quo, and have interesting ideas while also having a sense of adventure. They also would need to be able to validate and reassure me without making me feel patronized and annoyed, and would need to expect me to do the same for them and be able to be vulnerable and honest with me.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Hard to say because I don't actually have experience with this and am therefore unsure of how I'd actually go about it. But I would want to focus on allowing them the freedom to explore themselves, others, their environments, and their emotions, without coddling them or overprotecting them, but while also always loving, supporting, and validating them and their own individual expression and point of view, in order to cultivate and encourage them to develop their creativity, intellect, and curiosity, and help them be boldly unapologetic for who they are. Basically I'd want to raise a critical thinker who is capable of viewing the world from a point of view that isn't submissive to dominant social narratives, and most of all, I'd want them to feel so loved that they'd be able to love others.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends on the context, like with every question. How close are we? How much do I respect their opinions? How much does their claim clash with not just my beliefs, but my morality? How I'd react inwardly and outwardly depends on those factors.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I like people as a whole. I feel completely outside society though and always have. I love people and I hate society, I suppose. And there are so many prevalent social problems that I'm not sure where to start to be honest.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't know that I choose them. I just end up liking people sometimes. How I behave depends on how much that like is reciprocated, how much I feel they're capable of understanding me, and their personality.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

However the heck I want.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Socionics Type Assistant TURBO for Socionics, really simple.

https://trans4mind.com/rheti_html/test.html Either or, pretty straightforward insight into your enneagram.

I'll respond to MBTI in a moment. I hate these questionnaires, they focus more on personal experience/opinions that may or may not pinpoint MBTI preferences in terms of processing information. I wanna say INFP, but that's just me reading a few answers. Socionics will give some insights. Let me know how it goes with those tests! :kitteh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll respond to MBTI in a moment. I hate these questionnaires, they focus more on personal experience/opinions that may or may not pinpoint MBTI preferences in terms of processing information. I wanna say INFP, but that's just me reading a few answers. Socionics will give some insights. Let me know how it goes with those tests! :kitteh:
Thank you for your response. These are my test results.

If your type is INFp - "The Romantic"

In a relationship you are optimistic and idealistic about the future and your goal is to create an ideal rapport between you and your partner. You are not afraid to reveal your romantic and affectionate nature and greatly depend on your emotions to guide you. You often have difficulties with coherent logical analysis and thus can never be sure about your intellectual abilities. You enjoy relations with important and influential people.

Enneagram

Type 5 - 7 / Type 1 - 7
Type 3 - 5 / Type 8 - 5
Type 4 - 4
Type 7 - 3 / Type 9 - 3
Type 2 - 1 / Type 6 - 1

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Interesting. Most INFPs are 4, 9, 6 in that order. Very few leading 5 but have them as a strong wing or second in a tritype, the most common being 459. I am 4w5, 5w4, 9w1 myself. But it seems you could pass for 4w3, 5w4, 1w9. Or something like that? Its fascinating how high you score in 8 and 3 before 4. Almost INTJ-like. But you value empathy, intelligence, understanding people, etc., like an INFP.

Would you value success, recognition, achievement (even supressing emotions to focus on achievement) and decisive, confident control over your destiny moreso than your emotional, artistic side? It is possible its not all accurate, since that is only the RHETI sampler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. Most INFPs are 4, 9, 6 in that order. Very few leading 5 but have them as a strong wing or second in a tritype, the most common being 459. I am 4w5, 5w4, 9w1 myself. But it seems you could pass for 4w3, 5w4, 1w9. Or something like that? Its fascinating how high you score in 8 and 3 before 4. Almost INTJ-like. But you value empathy, intelligence, understanding people, etc., like an INFP.

Would you value success, recognition, achievement (even supressing emotions to focus on achievement) and decisive, confident control over your destiny moreso than your emotional, artistic side? It is possible its not all accurate, since that is only the RHETI sampler.
I value decisive control over my destiny, emotions, and artistic side, but not as a means of repression. More as a means of direction of energy toward both autonomy and expression, which aren't mutually exclusive. I do focus on 'achievement' in some ways but I rely on my own personal sense of what achievement is, which definitely doesn't mesh with what the rest of society views as achievement. I probably seem like I've achieved nothing to most because the achievements I value are more internal and not outwardly measurable or even able to be seen by others in some cases.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmmmm....idk LOL. Emotions or ideas focused during introspection? Wow, terrible question, can equally be both, especially if you happen to be 4w5 and 5w4.

It's possible you're 5w4, (4w3 or 4w5), 1w9.

I've come to confirm that the turbo test is more a quick MBTI test. Tests is a real socionics. I'll assume you'll finish with EII.

Enneagram Test - Dominant Type in Each Center with Wings | Enneagram User Guide Can help confirm what's going on with your enneagram.

The testing is real, bear with me, LOL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, you were right.

Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne FiNe (INFj)
Ethical Intuitive Introvert - The Empath

Other Possible Types
IEE (ENFp): 84% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 71% as likely as EII.
LII (INTj): 61% as likely as EII.

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 5-1-4
and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 5w6-1w2-4w5

I relate to type 5 and this tritype in general. I'm less certain about the results of the sociotype tests.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
514? Wow that's classic INTJ. But! Your 4 is the 3rd tritype? Interesting. Not super common for INFPs, damn you return curious results. That's cool though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah, thanks for the help. If anyone else wants to weigh in, that would be cool too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts