Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the origin of this desire to look the part? Why is impression given such emphasis to a 3 if achieving also what is really the goal? Why is this matter of looking the part given so much more emphasis than every other type in the Enneagram?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After thinking about this 3s probably base their value from accomplishments and want to show them to the outside world. This way they embody what they want to see in the outside world. Scruffy made light of a fluidity of identity, which I consider to be achieving results from social interaction. That seems to have covered it. I just didn't think about it through well enough until it was in text.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The whole world judges you on first impression.

So why not dress to impress?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Self-expression. I don't want to look like everybody else. I want to distinguish myself from the crowd.

Also, I might miss out on opportunities if I don't look approachable. You never know who you'll meet.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Looking the part can be instrumental to meeting goals. There's also the part about valuing and flaunting accomplishments. As for the looking the part point, I tend to incorporate some off-beat /dark/ possibly 'negative' elements into my image (I don't hide my scars..their brutality is something I make a part of my image). I like playing with my image this way. It seems risky to people, but it actually works very well for me because I know how to work it.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I like to look good, and make an impression. They're gonna judge me anyways, so I might as well leave them holding their jaw in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts