Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
girls are so confusing when it comes to guys they think are hot?,i noticed alot of the so called 'hottest guys' like chris hemsworth ect are so praised by women but if you just take there looks into account they dont seem that attractive i mean chris hemsworth is good looking no doubt but in terms of looks alone there are so many male models that are so much better looking yet dont get much attension from females,it seems more to me that fame and chrisma makes a guy 'hot' in the womens eyes, like if a guy has fame and charisma hes suddenly hot in womens eyes,so ladies?,does fame and charisma make a guy hot?like girls wont just go mad for some good looking dude whos a model,but if a girl sees someone famous like ryan gosling suddenly they say hes hot?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
girls are so confusing when it comes to guys they think are hot?,i noticed alot of the so called 'hottest guys' like chris hemsworth ect are so praised by women but if you just take there looks into account they dont seem that attractive i mean chris hemsworth is good looking no doubt but in terms of looks alone there are so many male models that are so much better looking yet dont get much attension from females,it seems more to me that fame and chrisma makes a guy 'hot' in the womens eyes, like if a guy has fame and charisma hes suddenly hot in womens eyes,so ladies?,does fame and charisma make a guy hot?like girls wont just go mad for some good looking dude whos a model,but if a girl sees someone famous like ryan gosling suddenly they say hes hot?
What does your incoherent rant have anything to do with the looks vs personality supposed dichotomy?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I see your post in two halfs, first half, yes, I have seen the same on praised beauties both male and female (I'm straight but this is very simple to discuss), the thing is there are women far more beautiful than so famous hotties, just like you explain on your example, there are many male models more "attractive" than famous people, but you have to consider several aspects:

1. Preferences... everyone likes diff people in diff levels
2. What to like... some are attractive but their work helps them exploit more of their attractiveness (acting per example)
3. Singing... same as previously, those things help project personality (real or unreal)

About the second half of your post, oh yes... There are far many testimonials about average and good looking guys who were almost invisible on their normal life, but then suddenly after some fame they are "oh so fucking hot", I haven't seen this as often on women (from men to women) but it does happen, I believe a lot has to do with power, money, fame, projections and hard-to-get-effect, you can also find testimonials of the opposite, people who came back to normal life and their attractiveness was reduced or disappeared

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I think there's a factor at play of individuals being known for a certain role, so people tend to picture them in that role even after they leave the stage. Ryan Gosling got really famous from The Notebook; Chris Hemsworth from Thor; Jamie Dornan from 50 Shades of Grey. All of those roles had a very strong emphasis on their romantic and/or physical attraction. It doesn't seem so surprising to me, then, that those celebrities become widely known as "attractive males". That is the role in which most people became acquainted with them, after all!

Then I think those archetypes stay strongly with us... mental constructs of a certain ideal. I know that some of my first archetypes for "attractive male/female" and "good partner/spouse" came from cartoons I watched as a young child, before I really had any sense of sexual attraction. As for why this happens more strongly with women than men - I suspect because women biologically tend to get more aroused from emotional stimuli, while men tend to get more aroused from visual stimuli. So while men are more likely to see a "hot woman" nearby and point them out to their friends, women are more likely to discuss a celebrity - an embodiment of an emotional archetype - with their friends.

Charisma seems pretty up to individual taste... though it often heightens people's love/hate reactions to an individual. Me personally, I typically tend to prefer lower-key vibes, individuals who are private and "grounded". I have found more fictional men I am attracted to than real-world celebrities.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You call yourself an INTJ and yet that's the most incoherent less INTJish comment I've seen in here.

What is your exact question? What is it you want to know? Because it's obvious the general standards will say Chris Hemsworth is hot, but that's just looks, that's just someone we see on tv but that's it. What does "personality" have to do with all this? Because most of us commoners would only fancy famous people for their looks, obviously, since we don't know them personally.

Reactions: Fumetsu

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have wondered and noticed this in other threads. Just ignore : ) The only way I would say otherwise is if English is not their native language.
As a non-native English speaker, I have to say that the OP does sound like a native. Only natives would care very little about how they write or if their grammar makes no sense. They're confident enough not to care if they're making lots of mistakes since they know it's their native language and, as long as people understand, it's just fine. Most of non-natives, on the other hand, would either check twice or a hundred times before posting, or they (we) would apologize for our English.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Your confusion is coming from assuming an automatic connection between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. The hottest guys may be the most successful physically and socially due to that someone's sexual attraction comes from a biological response of choosing the best mate. However, a woman can have sexual attraction, but because we're rational beings and not completely instinctual, not want to have sex with him because of a type of rationality: not wanting to cheat on a partner, the guy has a bad personality, etc. That is where personality comes in. As traits like confidence may be in the sexual attraction sphere, it's still a biological response, or alternatively kindness (makes a better father). However, when you speak of personality in the sense of the root of the person (who they are: a combination of personality, actions, experiences, values, properties, etc), that's generally in the sphere of romance and independent of sexual attraction or "hotness"

Reactions: entheos

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
You call yourself an INTJ and yet that's the most incoherent less INTJish comment I've seen in here.

What is your exact question? What is it you want to know? Because it's obvious the general standards will say Chris Hemsworth is hot, but that's just looks, that's just someone we see on tv but that's it. What does "personality" have to do with all this? Because most of us commoners would only fancy famous people for their looks, obviously, since we don't know them personally.
The OP is not an INTJ. He said so himself. He thinks he is an INFP, but I think SFP is more likely.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As a non-native English speaker, I have to say that the OP does sound like a native. Only natives would care very little about how they write or if their grammar makes no sense. They're confident enough not to care if they're making lots of mistakes since they know it's their native language and, as long as people understand, it's just fine. Most of non-natives, on the other hand, would either check twice or a hundred times before posting, or they (we) would apologize for our English.
ok.english is my first language,i just dont take the time to type formaly and propaly because im simply lazy lol and i type fast

·
Banned
199 Posts
He's talking about this see. Sexiest guy in the world, but it looks like his eyes are too close together and his head is too small.
It's not all about the face. It's all about overall appearance. The aura. His behavior. His overall personality that makes him looks hot.

Many perfect faced males but they don't have charisma. Too bad. Such a waste

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ok.english is my first language,i just dont take the time to type formaly and propaly because im simply lazy lol and i type fast
Yeah, well. Reading books also helps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts