Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes... almost at random... I feel like the whole world makes sense...

I lose my sense of self.... or ego... and I just feel the world flowing around me.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Has it ever "activated" in a way that changed your life?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

I lose my sense of self.... or ego... and I just feel the world flowing around me.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Has it ever "activated" in a way that changed your life?
of course it has, all the time. as often as I surrender to it.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course it has, all the time. as often as I surrender to it.
One time it just happened during a pivotal time when a relationship was falling apart.

It was amazing it was like all the emotions just vanished... there was just... peace and understanding.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Once, in a dream - actually far more lucid than waking life.

It was like I was sensing the entire world and all the life within - everything about it, over the flow of thousands of years. Wish I could have that one again.

In waking life, yes, but not to such an extent. I do go into trances occasionally where I just feel the world "breathe" in a way. Understand completely what you're talking about.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I love that feeling - of being content. For me it happens once or twice a year. Where, in the moment, all things seem right. I am just amazed at the world and how it works in harmony.

Think about traffic, all the cars travelling so fast constantly. It relies on this system of rules that everyone buys into and follows... and 99% of the time everyone coexists in perfect harmony. In a strange way there's something beautiful about that. All of us moving together, existing together, with few accidents.

On a small scale these moments have activated ideas that ramble about inside me... I try to write them down as they happen. Unanswerable questions. Potential thesis ideas. Things I hope to one day understand.

PS. This post may or may not sound like I am on drugs. For the record, I am not:tongue:

·
Banned
3,725 Posts

Such a wonderful experience isn't it?

I had a really strong one yesterday. Basically I was riding the bus and suddenly I felt as if I was the only one in the universe and each person, object or whatever was the same consciousness experiencing itself through me. I know this sounds kind of selfish but it was a very liberating experience. After I got out of the bus, I came across several people who were getting out of work, I just looked at one of them and felt a bond and an insight came to me that maybe we are only one consciousness but our physical brains are the ones making it seem as if we are separated. It all made sense at that moment, as if I had discovered The Truth of everything.

This immediately came up to me when I got home(Warning, lots of cursing lol):

·
Registered
335 Posts

my switch turns on and off as to whether things are normal and make sense, vs. nothing makes sense and everything seems abstract.. often so much i can't handle it. i become sad... im crazy i think..

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my switch turns on and off as to whether things are normal and make sense, vs. nothing makes sense and everything seems abstract.. often so much i can't handle it. i become sad... im crazy i think..
Sounds like a different experience... maybe this is an INFP thing.

Can you give us an example?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I feel like when I zone out or when my eyes stop focusing, im more "one" with the world absorbing all that the world has to offer my senses. It is when I focuses my eyes and block out my peripheral vision that I feel like i lose sight of all that "is".

I'm pretty sure this makes no sense but that's what I noticed.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes I've experienced it. I relish, cherish, dive into, embrace whole-heartedly those experiences and usually they don't ever last long enough for super-serene feeling to fade out of them.

Reactions: Dalien

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
One time it just happened during a pivotal time when a relationship was falling apart.

It was amazing it was like all the emotions just vanished... there was just... peace and understanding.
Acceptance! :wink: :happy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
it happened to me yesterday when i was sitting on the toilet. I suddenly had this extroverted rush of energy that lasted about 20 minutes and then i went back to living in my head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts