Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you feel at times like you were losing yourself?
Like you ever had two personalities, and one is the real you, and other is a sad one?
like you really couldn't explain what happened inside you because you were DEAD?
what about that feeling of not caring? when you're dead inside, homeostathic, but won't fight it because you're too stuck in your routines?
what do you think? do i need help?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i lose myself atleast once a day. I'm filled with self hatred, shame, and fear, but i dont doubt that it's not my real personality. It's my unhealthy personality, but it's still me. What gets me through it is knowing that i'll relax and become my healthy state again, but i've accepted that it will always come back.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
In my early forties I spent quite a few years merely 'functioning' but not really living. I had no idea what I was doing and why, and felt quite insignificant.
But by accident I found some unexpected truths about myself and that led me onto a path to a much greater degree of personal fulfilment although I am not there yet.

And that is the situational approach.

As for your question, if you have not already and these feelings persist a word with your doc could never do any harm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts