Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are as disorganized as I am, you've probably lost some interesting or important things, and come across interesting or important things while trying to find what you lost. I'd like to know I'm not the only one this happens to, so let me hear about your lost and found treasures! :tongue: (Hopefully there's not already a thread like this)

I lost my birth certificate!! I need it so I can get a passport..:dry: But on the bright side, I came across a bunch of pictures from when I went to San Francisco with some old friends. We all spontaneously decided to get a piercing there. Ah, the nostalgia.. :happy:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I lose little things all the time, like my lighter and papers. I can never keep up with little stuff. The most important thing I have lost was my wallet, id, drivers license, ss card, bank card, pictures all gone. Such a nightmare to deal with. Although in the process I find a cd case with a bunch of mixes I made in high school.....lol it was funny to me that my taste in music changed so much, and listening to some of the mixes I made while I was in love was just funny. It was fun to walk down memory lane with those songs, but I wouldn't trade my wallet for that journey. Maybe my lighter but not my wallet.

Reactions: dreamcatcher

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. But seriously, I lose stuff everyday. Keys, wallet, pens, bills, guitar picks, iphone, wristwatch, etc. If it's small & necessary I'll lose it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the other day I lost my keys:confused:

But found my stash of popcorn that I hid and forgot about.

popcorn = a piece of heaven :crazy:

Then somehow, my keys were exactly where I thought they were. right on my desk where i always put them. Coulda sworn I looked there too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I prefer to call them "misplaced".

When I was travelling a few weeks ago I spent a long time searching for a certain book for the journey. I spent hours looking for it before I remembered I had lent a friend some books. While searching I found random things like jigsaw pieces and a remote control.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lose my keys every day. Even multiple times a day, in my purse. It's like a black hole. I always dig up something new when I look for them in there..money I didn't know I had, jewelry that's been missing forever, my nose-shaped pencil sharpener...:proud:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I lose my things all the time, which is quite ironic considering I can nearly always tell someone where such and such thing of theirs is hiding with very little effort. The most recent thing that I found that I thought I had lost for the second time was my book Good Faeries/Bad Faeries. It meant a lot to me, to the extent that the first time I lost it, I bought it after not finding it for three years (and after 4 moves) and then two years later, I lost the new book. This most recent move, I found at least one of my copies and it made me ecstatic. I think my roommates must think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
15,648 Posts
This is a found story that just happened last night -- I have boxes and boxes of *stuff* I've saved over the years. Last night I'm going through this one box and I come across an article written about me by TM. TM is quite famous 'round these parts now.. he is now running for some office high up in the government.... I see him on TV all the time, local news. Well anyway, I said "I can't believe it was him that wrote that article. I had forgotten all about that!" The article is over 25 years old & was about me teaching riding at a local stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts