Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea of what I want to do and then I get lost in the details.

I went to a client's house looked at the itinerary again since I kept forgetting the details of what was needed. I was already overwhelmed not knowing what to do. All I knew was the main idea of what needed to be done. Kitchen, Bathroom, sweeping... and garbag
I started the dishes and then went to put them in the dishwasher... Didn't check if dishwasher was empty first...
dish washer was full... put dishes through.
Had to clean other dishes by hand.
Half way done cleaning the dishes.
Then I had the idea. WAIT... WHAT IF I missed any dishes behind.
Turns... dishes were behind me.
Cleaned those. Cleaned the surfaces cause I know the surfaces need to be cleaned...
Then saw splats on the wall and though oh no... i can't leave that.
Turns to do stove area... ok this is easy... just need to do the surface...
then. Realized the stove was more dirty then I thought... then got distracted cleaning the TOP of the stove cause maybe that needs to be done too!

The rest of the day went like this...
I know the main idea of what needed to be done... but I kept missing things in my environment that needed fixing until I saw them!.

Any other big picture thinkers do this?

BTW finished the job client was satisfied.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
746 Posts
You a cleaner? When I was a locksmith I worked around a lot of them. I would have to try to test open the door like two or three times before I leave just to make sure I wouldn't forget to lock it. Locksmithing was just about the furthest job to do for me. Maybe selling knives would have been harder, but still...

I would get stuck on particular details and miss the others. Not entirely sure if that was because I was a big picture thinker though. I can barely think on any given day.

·
Registered
I Thimk INTP
14,151 Posts
If an idea is a really BIG one and I want to write about it, I easily get lost in details. I know something is wrong with the big picture. I've left out something. What I have done doesn't fit. Like that. It means I have to go over everything to check out corrections. Then the big picture still escapes me. Solution: lay back, give it time. Return to it and skim it. Errors then stand out. If I find too many I'm back to almost square one. Too bad. If I'm running outta time, I have to send out what I've written as is. Too bad.

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me when I'm improvising making up a song.
I have the notes I sing and record but then I play them and come up with different ideas. Then I lose the idea and keep coming up with new stuff. I'm around the idea but I have to watch the notes I play... or the song will not have the same feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts