Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my job yesterday, and happy about it. I am an INFJ. I have actually been thinking of a career change for about 4 years, yes, I hated I.T. after 2 years, but pushed myself for another 4. I was close to burnout & was having health issues because of it.

I am financially ok for about 1 year now, so this gives me some time to think about what I want to do. I was thinking of going back to sound production, which I did before I.T.

But I know as much as that will satisfy my artistic & creative side, I am concerened that I would get bored.

So, I went through pros & cons of 3 careers:
Sound production
developing ios apps for iPhone /iPad, this one seems to be winning as it would satisfy my intoversion part and is both creative & intellectual.

The thirs is pharmaceutical technical assistant.

Is being an iOS developer good for an INFJ? Is anyone else here doing that and happy?

This time I want to make sure I choose the right career & not get stuck as I did in I.T.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Pharm Tech Asst is a bad idea. Sooooo hard to find work. I spent years in college career services and Pharm Tech is the running joke.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry you lost your job, but you're handling it well. I recently hired a career coach and found it enormously helpful. She really helped me figure out my strengths and weaknesses and also the kind of work environment I work best in. Obviously this cost me money, something you might want to be careful with now that you have no income, but it might still be worth having a few sessions. Or hit your local library and find some self help books on how to find your ideal career (there are loads of books on the subject).

Are the such things as iOS developer forums? If so, ask people there what they like and don't like about it.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts