Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little :tongue:-in-cheek humor (à la When Harry Met Sally) to introduce the theme of this post: loneliness and the holidays.

I think a good many of us INFP folk have expressed in the past couple weeks or so (if not more recently) some feeling of being alone. So I got to thinking--why not create a thread where we can vent about it together? That way, all us INFP kids can come together as a community and be there for one another, together.

To get the ball rolling: I fell in love for the first time a couple of years ago, and even though there is almost no chance that I'll ever even see this person again, I still think about them every day. I don't want to let go of that love that I still hold within me. I think such persistence may be preventing me from moving on and finding love again, and may even be unhealthy; I'm not sure. I imagine that this other person has moved on (though I can't bear to think about it). Who knows. All I know is that, even after these years have gone by, it still hurts every day to know that they are so far away. I miss them.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
I still think about them every day. I don't want to let go of that love that I still hold within me. I think such persistence may be preventing me from moving on and finding love again, and may even be unhealthy; I'm not sure.
I struggle with this often, but I have come to the conclusion that it was never meant to be. My friends and family tried to discourage me from getting involved with her, but I was blinded by my own emotions.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm lonely. Most people are. *sigh* This is the sound of my pain gradually venting out as I release it through my fingers. I can feel it extending past my skin, past my fingernails, entering the computer when I type. I seem to have an endless supply. If I kept typing until it ran out, I would have calluses so thick that I wouldn't be able to feel the keys.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Loneliness. I do it to myself. I create it. Wanting to be left alone, wanting to leave early, wanting no help, then, wanting to take it all back. It is funny all I have read about INFPs & their darkness & despair... I don't know, it is tough. I do not like it but then again I wallow in it. Sometimes with people it is as though I am able to relate with every one of them, but none can relate to me. I can feel & see who they are, I get them, but there is no understanding in return. It makes me want to be like to hell with all of you! I'm tired leave me alone. Tired of searching. Human connections, it is something I crave, it makes my stomach growl.

"You do it to yourself, you do
and that's what really hurts
You do it to yourself, just you
you and no-one else
You do it to yourself"

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know so much what you mean, it hurts me so much and brings me the greatest pain when I have to move away from somone I love, or they move away from me. I consider this one of my biggest lessons when I follow my intuation unequivocally, the pain that it brings, I feel, is going to make me stronger and more loving and I know, I dream oh I dream of the glourious women I will be one with soon and I push on.

I pray almost everday. Follow my intution, making the right decisions, praying for protection and guidance.
The right things bring the most pain and struggle, but I know, in going through them, I will grow immensely.
And I will find the ones who truly love me and share the joy together in building the life that I want to life with poeple who love and accept me for me and nothing eles. I dream, oh I dream. Very much love..

And good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't suicide, simply because the effect on others it would have...and for the most important thing...I've still so much I still wanna do, even though I don't always aspire myself to do them.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I hate closure and finality too much to ever commit suicide. I have to keep my options open, no matter how bad things have been, because there is always another solution that is preferable to ending the game, even if it means wandering as a nomad, being homeless, finding new friends, or whatever must happen.

Reactions: DAVIE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really thank GOD for knowing the personality types and that there is ppl INFP like me,feel like me takes desicions like me,devoted to love to the highest extend..coz in real world i can understand anybody anyaction bt no body understands me,even the ones i love..i accepted my destiny and live for hope that i'll met my soulmate,feel love again.Bt i'm afraid to love

·
Registered
610 Posts
Loneliness. I do it to myself. I create it. Wanting to be left alone, wanting to leave early, wanting no help, then, wanting to take it all back. It is funny all I have read about INFPs & their darkness & despair... I don't know, it is tough. I do not like it but then again I wallow in it. Sometimes with people it is as though I am able to relate with every one of them, but none can relate to me. I can feel & see who they are, I get them, but there is no understanding in return. It makes me want to be like to hell with all of you! I'm tired leave me alone. Tired of searching. Human connections, it is something I crave, it makes my stomach growl.

"You do it to yourself, you do
and that's what really hurts
You do it to yourself, just you
you and no-one else
You do it to yourself"
exactly how I feel, and then you quote a great song.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I lost so many things just to get a girl to like me. =( i spent a year trying her to fall in love with me. i felt like i did not exist or if am still not existing but whatever i have chocolate and music that should be enough from killing myself, it sucks not having motivation any more. :crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts