Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a multitude of tests and what I have received so far is INFP and 2,5,7 in enneagram tests. I am wondering if INFPs can be loud and actively involved in certain situations. I find it strange that I am stuck between the possibility of being an ESFP or an INFP, it seems more difficult to type someone than I first thought. Some of my friends and family members would say i'm an ESFP while others would agree with INFP. I can see from both perspectives, I can be loud and crazy like an ESFP but I also strongly identify with the INFP type because I love alone time and thinking to myself. Often I am easy going and humorous to those I know (not so great with complete strangers) but when something I like is threatened... I flip out. I can't handle it well and I become very passionate for my cause, from what i've read ESFPs tend to stand up for themselves but restore peace immediatley while I will not budge or back down. I am constantly told that I can write well when I take time naturally (sorry if my writing is poor, i'm rushing :p) and I don't often but I can write reasonable poetry if asked. In summary: Can INFPs act loud like an ESFP in certain places or around certain people? I can talk quite a bit when I am interested as well :) What are main differences between the ESFP and INFP to help me decide? What are differences between an SF and an NF? Thank you so so much! keep being awesome! -Jacob

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I can be loud and hysterical with people I already know, those I'm comfortable with, but never with acquaintances, let alone strangers.

It surprises me that you are confused between ESFP and INFP, because imo these types are soooooooo different, like I don't know how one could be confused haha. My mother is an ESFP and have nothing in common, we're polar opposites (I'm exaggerating -lol- we do have a thing or two in common).

Have you looked into Fi vs Se? Figure out which one is the function you lead with.

Reactions: J_Stone7

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
No. Never. It's never, ever alright to speak louder than a whisper when you're part of our tribe.

To be a loud INFP breaks commandment number 125 of the INFP code. To transgress this is an unpardonable crime and you are hereby ex-communicated from the order of the INFP.

May the all holy and infallible MBTI have mercy on your soul...

:tongue:

Come on. Of course you can be loud. :laughing:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thank you both for you responses :) and to answer Alex, my step mom is a typologist and she says i'm an esfp but I really don't relate to esfp at all the more I read. I actually liked being an esfp at first but it felt wrong. I got infp on tests about eight times without trying to get it. I do act different around her than other people so I can see how she would guess this. Inside I relate more to infp almost exactly. The louder more esfp side of me can come out at home but I really need alone time after. She has a pride problem though and no matter what I say she thinks she is always right. I have other people that agree with me. Basically if she never said esfp, I would concider myself an infp no doubt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hmm.. I frequently find myself speaking loudly in some cases, like when I'm doing presentations or when I'm asking question in my uni lecture sessions nervously. As for testing (both type and cognitive tests), I'm wading around between INFP, ENFP, and INTP, although my introversion degree is consistently close to 80% - odd that.

Similarly, I tend to be "sincerely" loud and more vocal in opening myself to my close friends and those whom I trust. Recently however, this "loudness" also spills out even to acquaintances in a conscious, insincere manner - perhaps out of a twisted sense of self-defense out of personal disdain backed with a nothing-to-lose disposition, as I believe majority of people I've come across never take me seriously as a sentient being anyway.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
ESFP = Se Fi Te Ni
INFP = Fi Ne Si Te

The two types do have Fi and Te in common. Have you looked into the function descriptions to see what aspects of Se and Ne you relate to?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I can get loud if I get really excited about something, especially if I'm with a group of people who I'm comfortable with. Get me going on a topic that I'm passionate about and oh boy watch out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm an INFP, gotta love that Ne!!! Don't really use Se much. Thank you for your help, all you awesome people!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do INFPs use Si?? I feel like I use that quite a bit. From what I understand it is random vivid memories from the past. Is that correct? I do like new things and change it often but I like doing some things the same way when they work out best that way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do INFPs use Si?? I feel like I use that quite a bit. From what I understand it is random vivid memories from the past. Is that correct? I do like new things and change it up often but I like doing some things the same way when they work out best that way. For example, I may get really into surfing for a bit but then I switch to hiking. I go to the same surf spots because I enjoy them and don't change a lot. Is that against INFP nature?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a tendancy to become loud and appear extroverted whenever a topic of discussion is about one of passions. i think its pretty normal. Also when i drink i kinda can't shut up, i become a walking encyclopedia of trivia and info....

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am either way too loud without realizing it, or too quiet for anyone to even realize I'm talking. There is no middle ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts