Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else feel this way?

I have friends, we do stuff together, but there's not much in the way of love and trust in our relationships. My fantasies are centered on love and trust, and all my meaningful relationships (which are extremely few) are full of love and trust. I love so deeply. I want to trust absolutely. I want to be loved as deeply as I love. And I want to be trusted.

It makes for a very lonely life.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I feel the same it's hard for me to really trust someone and give my love to them but that's what I want you know?

I always think to myself that a friendship with someone is not real until I feel I can trust them and I know they can trust me Once I trust someone they're important to me,I feel extreme love for them and can open my heart to them fully.
I expect the same in return too,but sometimes it doesn't happen that way.

I think we need to understand that not everyone wants to Feel that much.
Someone might trust you but they probably wont make it as (known?) as we do
Or show the love as much.
It's still there though.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

I have friends, we do stuff together, but there's not much in the way of love and trust in our relationships. My fantasies are centered on love and trust, and all my meaningful relationships (which are extremely few) are full of love and trust. I love so deeply. I want to trust absolutely. I want to be loved as deeply as I love. And I want to be trusted.

I agree with you completly. Trust and love are very important to me. Me and my small circle of close friendsdo have this. It took me a long time to get myself to trust them and it was a year of me nagging at them"just please don't lie to me"and complimenting them alot till i felt i got it from them. I've told all my close friends"we're comrades till the end, i'll always have your back"and they say it back. they know that i hate lieing and fakeness in people so they try not to do it around me. i still feel a bit like i value them more than they value me, as it seems that many INFPs on the forum aren't so lucky to have a good friends. i think it helps alot that we're all INs.Romantically also trust is perhaps the number one thing i desire, if i trust someone i will come out of my shell and put everything into them.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Remember me
Need me
I can provide you with everything
I am love
Find me, and walk beside me​
This is my most favorite quote. I like it so much because I relate with it so much. Love means the world to me. It's really all I want out of life. It is my meaning in life. It is my religion. It is what I hold the most faith in.

I constantly hear from others that I shouldn't feel this way. It's sad. Not because people are saying I'm wrong, but because those people are obviously weak when it comes to the experience of love. Everyone goes through the same typical experience of love. It hurts for everyone just as much as it feels good. The only difference is, some people let that hurt tear them down, which causes them to lose all faith in love, while others embrace the hurt to gain a better understanding of love.

There is no avoiding the hurt. To think love shouldn't hurt is foolish. If you can't take the pain, then perhaps you weren't meant to love, because yes, I do believe not everyone is cut out for it. Some know that; others don't. You gotta have respect for those others who keep trying, though.

And to those of you who know you aren't cut out for it, don't you even dare try to tell the rest of the world that love doesn't exist. To think, "It doesn't exist for me, therefore it doesn't exist for anyone else." is the most foolish thought ever.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
This is my most favorite quote. I like it so much because I relate with it so much. Love means the world to me. It's really all I want out of life. It is my meaning in life. It is my religion. It is what I hold the most faith in.

I constantly hear from others that I shouldn't feel this way. It's sad. Not because people are saying I'm wrong, but because those people are obviously weak when it comes to the experience of love. Everyone goes through the same typical experience of love. It hurts for everyone just as much as it feels good. The only difference is, some people let that hurt tear them down, which causes them to lose all faith in love, while others embrace the hurt to gain a better understanding of love.

There is no avoiding the hurt. To think love shouldn't hurt is foolish. If you can't take the pain, then perhaps you weren't meant to love, because yes, I do believe not everyone is cut out for it. Some know that; others don't. You gotta have respect for those others who keep trying, though.

And to those of you who know you aren't cut out for it, don't you even dare try to tell the rest of the world that love doesn't exist. To think, "It doesn't exist for me, therefore it doesn't exist for anyone else." is the most foolish thought ever.
You just took my thoughts and made them a lot more eloquent.
I really enjoyed that quote.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts

I feel exactly the same. So far, I haven't found anyone who matches my capability of love. Not to sound like I'm bragging but it's true. And that dismays me. In fact, I think my loyalty SCARES some guys..... Yeah..... right. It must be horrible to have someone genuinely love and care about you :dry:

·
Registered
16 Posts

I always feel so lucky that there are many people that I can talk to and really relate to on this level. Well, maybe not many, but definitely enough. I just found out that a lot of my friends are also NFs and that really helps us all relate to each other.

I've always felt this way, and I truly would not have it any other way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts