Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,350 Posts
I feel very little for people upon meeting them. I don't think there's been a single person who've i've just had an mental explosion of that woman oh she's the one. I must get to know a person, if I were to go by first sight, i'd be prone to idealistic misfortune where I could paint the image of what the person maybe instead of who they are and be met with reality with a slap to the face.

Though I have heard of people who have amazing chemistry upon first meeting each other.
My father listens to a song by Augie March called Crowded Hour and he told me he particularly enjoys it because when he met my mother who at the time was actually going out with a friend of his who got back from WA, he totally ignored his friend and spoke to her the whole time. Only by the end of the hour of conversation did he realized he just snobbed his friend for the most part and had been talking to his girlfriend.
I think for a lot of people they do look for this spark, this flow of personalities mixing with one another.
The strong feelings i've had for people taken a bit longer than the first time I met them though I certainly had inclinations where I took interest in certain people with no conscious reason as to why they were so interesting to me but it motivated me to delve further and get to know them.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
You mean that electrifying moment when you're captivated by somebody and you know they're absolutely special? Yes. Both men and women. I have met some of my closest friends this way. I also had feelings of aversion. They also turned out to be correct. I do believe it's possible but sexual attraction can be very blinding.

I don't think it happened with anyone I ever dated. Just close friends.

... sorry, NT, but I was talking about this with a friend of mine the other night. We've known one another for about a decade; we're both interested in and dating someone else at the time and I told her that I knew we would click from our very first talk.

edit: More precisely. This is what I'm trying to put into words. Maybe it's an Ne thing or mistyped as a thinker. But yeah, this:

http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-forum-inspirers/159143-vibe-you-get-about-people.html

Reactions: velvetoveralls

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Physical/sexual attraction at first sight: Yes.

Love at first sight: No.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Can happen, extremely rare, better not depend on it, much less "require" that you love someone at first sight to measure it as true, meaningful love. I don't mean instant attraction-one can instantly like someone very much of course. I am talking more love, not infatuation... something that rarely happens right away (and anyway, love must be nurtured over time if it's ever going to blossom into a beautiful relationship.. on their own, the feelings are awesome but accomplish little.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
When I met my INTJ husband, it was crazy attraction at first sight .... for me ... but as you would guess not that much for him ;) But globally I think that human brain can see/sense much more than meet the eye, and we just like some people very quickly because the way they carry themselves, speak, look at us, the energy they exude .... everybody gives a certain feel. I do believe in attraction at first sight, but love takes time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did, first sight. I talked to him for about year but off and on. When I first saw him he was on a dating website. I instantly liked him, but we couldn't meet until a year later. When I first saw him in person I knew, I was googles eyes in love. He is the first I didn't need to change. Everything he did and said was perfect. He has the cutest voice, he is so adorable and sexy. I could live in a tent with him and it wouldn't phase me. If it was anyone else,no. He is(INTJ) so sweet and gentle but manly. Meeeoooww:blushed:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'd experienced that instant chemistry with friends and ex-SOs before but was skeptical about love at first sight ...until it happened to me! I had that "I know I'm going to marry that guy" happen when I first laid eyes on my husband and it was mutual. We just got on like wildfire instantly and talk of marriage was on the cards on date 3. It was more like him blurting out "when we get married... I mean you'll marry me, right?" And I was just like "yeah yeah, of course!" Lol. It just felt like we'd known each other for years. Effortless. It's six years and two kids later now and he's still my best friend and the hottest man on the planet to me. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd experienced that instant chemistry with friends and ex-SOs before but was skeptical about love at first sight ...until it happened to me! I had that "I know I'm going to marry that guy" happen when I first laid eyes on my husband and it was mutual. We just got on like wildfire instantly and talk of marriage was on the cards on date 3. It was more like him blurting out "when we get married... I mean you'll marry me, right?" And I was just like "yeah yeah, of course!" Lol. It just felt like we'd known each other for years. Effortless. It's six years and two kids later now and he's still my best friend and the hottest man on the planet to me. :)
Wow, I really hope I'm as lucky as you one day :) I fell for a couple of people but they didn't feel the same about me, so I guess I feel more sceptical towards it now.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Wow, I really hope I'm as lucky as you one day :) I fell for a couple of people but they didn't feel the same about me, so I guess I feel more sceptical towards it now.
Well 90% of my other dating experiences were of one or the other not being interested, or relationships lasting max 3 years. It's not easy to find a suitable mate and though I had this love at first sight thing happen I do know of many successful couples who kind of grew on eachother. Lol. Yet have been together very happily for well over a decade. Mine just happened to start full throttle. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts