Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of else of you have a love for cooking?
I know this is going to sound cheesy But I've always imagined cooking for my husband
If I ever get married uhm yeah....
So well I learned to cook when I was younger.

I love to cook healthy food but I like baking some goodies too xD

My specialty I have to say is my sauce I make out of REAL tomatoes.
That and my Vegan brownies(I'm not a vegan) One day I didn't have eggs so
looked up how to make them and I have to say everyone loves them :D

What are your favorite things you cook?

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Whilst not an INFP, I quite like to cook although I don't do it too often. I did a GCSE in Food Technology in high school and we made quite a few different things.

I think if I ever got married, me and my partner would cook together, which I find would be very enjoyable.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like cooking, but I can only cook simple things like Mac and Cheese, Pasta, or making a homemade pizza. I would like to one day take the time to learn more about cooking because I don't want to eat fast food for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
You read my mind, Calvaire. I was totally contemplating on making a cooking thread.

I'm a freakin cooking fiend. It's my favorite pastime. And damn am I good at it. My specialty is asian food. Particularly japanese. Last night I made the best homemade japanese curry ever. I'm definitely a baker, too. I love making no knead breads. Mainly because they are the easiest to make.:tongue: I do cookies and cakes and etc., too.

Man, I can just go on and on and on about cooking, but I'll stop here.:laughing:

·
Registered
759 Posts
I LOVE to cook.

I actually do all the cooking for myself and my wife. I take a lot of joy in it and am happy to do it, while she views it as a chore and doesn't care to do it properly. If it is hot and edible, it is good enough for her, which is weird because I know she likes to eat good food too. It drives me crazy besides the fact that I haven't been able to eat a few of the things she made, so I just took over completely whenever I'm at home. Things just work more harmoniously between us when we both step up in the areas we excel at while passing off our weaknesses to the other. I revise and rewrite lots of things for her, she talks on the phone all the time for me :)

The latest thing I've been making a lot is actually a very, very simple recipe I found online. 1 cup of marinade, equal parts white vinegar and olive oil, into a large bag with 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I like dark meat and since this is sticky I prefer to not eat with my hands, so I go with boneless chicken thighs, but you could use any part of the chicken. The boneless thighs also cook really fast too. Let marinade for 30 minutes.

In a bowl, 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint leaves, with a tablespoon or so of water. You can play with the water amount depending on how thick you want the glaze, I usually just eyeball it. Mix that. If you have to use dried mint, do like 2 tablespoons.

Remove chicken from marinade, S&P it, then grill or pan cook the chicken. At first I was grilling this, and then at the end brushing on the honey & mint glaze, but you can do it in a pan too as long as you remove the chicken and clean the pan out just before they are done. How you cook the chicken doesn't really matter, but after that add the nearly-done chicken into the/a pan, pour in the glaze, and let it cook for a few minutes to finish and soak up the glaze. The flavor is much stronger than brushing them on the grill, and I usually pour the excess from the pan over the chicken after placing it in a serving dish.

Roughly 15 minutes of actual work in the kitchen between prep and cooking. When I do this on the grill, I usually get some asparagus, zucchini, and squash, marinate them in like a quick homemade Italian vinaigrette (I usually do EVOO, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano or Italian seasoning, and some lemon juice) and put them on the grill next to the chicken. Remove both, have some slices of Italian bread and melted butter ready, throw those on the grill as the chicken and veg rest a few minutes and brush the butter on as the bread toasts.

If I do it in a pan, I usually do this green bean dish. Toast some slices of a baguette w/ some EVOO drizzled on them in the oven & maybe some throw some mozzarella on them near the end, combine some diced fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, EVOO, S&P, and I get bruschetta to go with my chicken and green beans :laughing:

My last big attempt at a new dish was about a week and a half ago as I made Bouef en croute, with the green bean dish and these stuffed mushrooms as the sides.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I'm hopeless in the kitchen but I do have a genuine interest in learning, it's just a question of finding the time at the moment. I can do basic stuff (my pasta is excellent, if I do say so myself :p) but anything more complex than that and I'm clueless.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I suck at cooking -_- . I burn pretty much everything and I can't even manage to make Mac and Cheese that doesn't taste awful. I'm thinking about taking a cooking class soon though.

I always imagined my future husband cooking for me ^_^ or at least cooking together. Thinking about it, it would be nice to cook for him as well but he's probably get food poisoning or something. The hardest thing I know how to cook is spaghetti...

·
Registered
602 Posts
i love to cook. my family is big on home cooking and i grew up around the kitchen a lot haha. mostly european dishes tho and desserts, but i love to cook anything really.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whoa, I've been thinking of making a cooking thread too! I was just kind of curious about what people were cooking and what they liked about cooking in general. Tonight I made this quinoa dish that's basically quinoa + pico de gallo that I added avocado to. And with it, I fried some rainbow trout that I breaded with almond meal and seasoned with cumin, ginger, and a little bit of chipotle and cayenne pepper. Quick and tasty!

So yeah, I love to cook! I love the improvisation, the smells, the variety, the wholesomeness, and it sounds cheesy, but there's something nice about coming home to leftovers, knowing there's food there you made yourself. I cooked occasionally in years past, but I realized I was allergic to gluten a year and half ago and since then, I've been cooking all the time; it's the easiest way to deal with it. So I really look at it as a blessing cause now I have a new pastime and I'm healthier than I've ever been!

I def think people shouldn't be afraid to cook! Like anything else, it just takes a little practice, and you don't need to be perfect to make something good and healthy. :)

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think everyone should learn to cook.
It's so fullfilling and a lot of fun.

ALSO it can make women at least me feel sexy I love putting on a dress and
cooking something that's embarassing to admit:blushed:

Tonight I made this:Cooks.com - Recipe - Impossible Greek Spinach & Feta Quiche

Yummmm : )

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Do any of else of you have a love for cooking?
I know this is going to sound cheesy But I've always imagined cooking for my husband
If I ever get married uhm yeah....
So well I learned to cook when I was younger.

I love to cook healthy food but I like baking some goodies too xD

My specialty I have to say is my sauce I make out of REAL tomatoes.
That and my Vegan brownies(I'm not a vegan) One day I didn't have eggs so
looked up how to make them and I have to say everyone loves them :D

What are your favorite things you cook?
Marry me?!

Oh yeah...I'm not a boy...and you're not a boy...

I love the idea of me being a wonderful cook...does that count?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I'm an alright cook, but I'm always inspired to try something new and add my own little sprinkles of _________ to it.

I always told myself though that I'd never let someone do all the cooking for me and that if anything, I thought it would be kind of romantic to do it -with- my future wife.

Clean up on the other hand is another issue! I enjoy washing dishes, but I hate drying or putting them away! That's one of the first few questions I ask someone I date, if they'd prefer to wash or put away.

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I love cooking, I make supper for my family every weekday. I like to experiment with new recipes and make my own up too. It is an easy way to be creative!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marry me?!

Oh yeah...I'm not a boy...and you're not a boy...

I love the idea of me being a wonderful cook...does that count?

If I was a lesbian and it was legal in a heartbeat xD

you should take cooking classes or learn more about it on your own!

I challenge the Ladies to slip on a really cute dress and cook something even
if it's something easy like Mac N chees or spaghetti.
I swear you'll feel amazing about yourself.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've never really liked cooking, due to the fact that my mom's always trying to shove it around me. I've found myself wondering "How would x taste with y" a lot though.

I'll love to cook after I move out.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts