Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this short and sweet, I just want to see what kind of responses I get (I wish they had a dating website specifically for the types!). Sorry if I'm posting in wrong area.. I'm kinda new.

I always end up with ESFJs or ESTJs, they obviously didn't work out or I wouldn't be posting this. However, I have accepted that its my destiny to end up with one, they are my weakness! I find them somewhat obnoxious, but at the same time endearing. They talk way too much, and usually about nothing important. They can be too needy and intense. I find that they tend to be controlling and judgmental. But for some reason I still love them!!! I think because overall I'm attracted to humor, intelligence, go-getter(ness), which through experience it seems this type is way up there on those traits. And for whatever other reasons I end up with them... (hmmm maybe they find me). Well now its my turn.. I'm looking for them!

Even if you aren't looking for dating, and especially not an INFP, still please comment, I would love to hear any experiences about ESFJ/ESTJs and INFPs. :happy:

Oooh oooh also, if you have any input on how to get along better or impress ESFJ/ESTJs. What do you find most attractive in opposite sex???

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I'll try to keep this short and sweet, I just want to see what kind of responses I get (I wish they had a dating website specifically for the types!). Sorry if I'm posting in wrong area.. I'm kinda new.

I always end up with ESFJs or ESTJs, they obviously didn't work out or I wouldn't be posting this. However, I have accepted that its my destiny to end up with one, they are my weakness! I find them somewhat obnoxious, but at the same time endearing. They talk way too much, and usually about nothing important. They can be too needy and intense. I find that they tend to be controlling and judgmental. But for some reason I still love them!!! I think because overall I'm attracted to humor, intelligence, go-getter(ness), which through experience it seems this type is way up there on those traits. And for whatever other reasons I end up with them... (hmmm maybe they find me). Well now its my turn.. I'm looking for them!

Even if you aren't looking for dating, and especially not an INFP, still please comment, I would love to hear any experiences about ESFJ/ESTJs and INFPs. :happy:

Oooh oooh also, if you have any input on how to get along better or impress ESFJ/ESTJs. What do you find most attractive in opposite sex???
I'm not attracted to INFPs. At all.

But if I end up dating an INFP, the positive traits that I would love about them is their clingyness and their softness. LOL. That will make me want to protect and love them even more! :proud:

·
Registered
707 Posts
If I can put up with them, I am intrigued by their feeling and caring nature. I don't understand it. But my curiousity soon dies once I see how money flies out of their bank accounts unaccounted for. While it is the impulsiveness you guys have that may attract us to you, it's also what will drive us away. That and emotional decisions are a major turn off. What starts strong usually ends strong. I just generally try to avoid you guys in general. I feed upon consistency in my relationships!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

You might want to try ESTP. ESTP men also usually like INFPs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dated an INFP, it was awesome.

We kinda made fun of our respective weaknesses, we worked really well togeather. We would spend lots of time togeather in school, and talk on IM after.

It was not until her mother forced her to break up with me(along with many other things I'm not going in to), it all went wrong.

I was a bit different back then, mind you, ISTJ, rather than ESTJ, the break up had a lot to do with the change.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a posting somewhere here about what the ESTJ men tend to be attracted too.
I think it goes something like this:
Classy, Caring, Feminine, and hopefully somewhat financially responsible.

Looking at your pictures you will have no problem on the feminine, and your style seems fine, lol. Good luck.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Negative batman. She's artsy. Check out those earrings!
Yep, those earrings sure do non-practical earrings! It's so not efficient!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem with ESTJs. Just one of those "opposites attract" thingies. What I look for is what I'm missing and that is totally different from what I am. It's like yin-yang. Even though attraction is there, what lacks this kind of a relationship is mutual understanding and tolerance. I think it is much easier for an INFP to be supportive of ESTJ's temper than vice versa. If they could just learn how to appreciate us for who we are... :unsure:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I appreciate that other people think and behave differently than I do. It's just when it's time to actually do something that I have a problem with INFP's. You guys like to take your time when we NEED to get things done. That and all the feelings that come along with it... It's refreshing at first, but I have to have purpose for everything that I do. I cannot accept the unaccounted time and money that is lost with you guys.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I appreciate that other people think and behave differently than I do. It's just when it's time to actually do something that I have a problem with INFP's. You guys like to take your time when we NEED to get things done. That and all the feelings that come along with it... It's refreshing at first, but I have to have purpose for everything that I do. I cannot accept the unaccounted time and money that is lost with you guys.
yeah that's knida what i thought in reverse. alot of INFP seem to hate doing things with deadlines or when they have to go quickly, it not that we're lazy we're more sentimental. all in all a healthy INFP and ESTJ could have a sucessful realtionship, and i think that type 2 and 9 INFPs would do better than the type 4 ones. the main similarty i see between our types is that we're generally quite nice towards the outer world.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dated an INFP once, and though that particular relationship ended poorly, I think an INFP/ESTJ pairing can have a lot of potential. Definitely the biggest challenge I found there was communication--the ESTJ is frank and super-direct, the INFP less forthcoming. Also obvious differences in the way ideas are formed and conclusions are drawn. But if both parties care enough to work at it, the complementarities between the two types could provide for an interesting and fulfilling relationship.

In general I'd say I'm interested in INFPs. For whatever reason, I tend to be more outgoing around shy people--I guess it has something to do with being attracted to intrigue. I'm also one of the respondents on the "what ESTJ men find attractive" thread and cited "femininity" as one of my desired traits, to which I find many INFP women seem to be naturally inclined.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm an INFP female, married to an ESTJ for 25 years. Communication is definitely the biggest problem - my husband sometimes seems to have no clue where I'm coming from. While I love his cool-headed detachment at times, and the way he can rationally assess a situation, I sometimes feel like I'm married to Data from Star Trek. He's logical to the point that it's maddening, and seems to simply not "get" emotion. When my motivation to do something is based on feelings and he wants to do it a different way because it's more logical, we end up butting heads. He's perplexed that I can't see it in a rational way and I wonder where his heart is... why he can't feel the way I do. And he shakes his head at my lack of logic.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm an INFP female, married to an ESTJ for 25 years. Communication is definitely the biggest problem - my husband sometimes seems to have no clue where I'm coming from. While I love his cool-headed detachment at times, and the way he can rationally assess a situation, I sometimes feel like I'm married to Data from Star Trek. He's logical to the point that it's maddening, and seems to simply not "get" emotion. When my motivation to do something is based on feelings and he wants to do it a different way because it's more logical, we end up butting heads. He's perplexed that I can't see it in a rational way and I wonder where his heart is... why he can't feel the way I do. And he shakes his head at my lack of logic.
I hear you...when logic is required, my ESTJ wife of over 25 years is the best. But, when my motivations aren't based on pure logic...she has a very hard time trying to figure out where I"m coming from. It is possible to build a relationship...just isn't that easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts