Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figure I've been perving it a little too much lately, so let's go back to the sweeter side of things.

I was glancing through some old love letters I've sent or received to girls in the past and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of their own? Unsent items would be fine as well. I may spark things up with a few hate mails I've received if things aren't too popular.

Naturally, I'll start the show, but I'm curious what type of feelings or thoughts INFPs put into their own work that is intended for others. Alternatively, I also wonder what type of emotions we may bring out in others and therefore, what we may receive in return.

Feel free to say anything you want about mine, but try to be respectful of anyone else that may post.

Title: 25 things I love about you.
Sent to: Recent Ex
You're...
witty
smart
funny
genuine
cute
reliable
adorably shy
thought-provoking
a good listener
stunning to look at, when I glance at you I can't think of anything else.

Your...
feet make me playful
smiles are contagious
hand puts me at ease
scent makes me hold you closer
your kisses make me dream

I've noticed...
your glasses are used for hiding, like a kid hiding behind a curtain, but having their feet stick out (so cute).
that when I use my nose to explore through your hair and nudge you, you'll tilt so I can perfectly kiss the top of your head.
when you're blushing you'll sink your head down, you'll only say small words that come out as murmurs, and your voice becomes incredibly vulnerable.
that while you seem to hide it very well, you get incredibly excited when we have plans to meet up.
that when I am physically with you, I can feel everything you want to say to me without having to speak a word.

The things I'll never forget...
our first night in the park. We seemed a bit off-key in the parking lot and I had no idea what you were thinking. Secretly I was a bit nervous that things were not going so well, but I remained confident in appearance. When I first saw you, you were far more beautiful than I originally thought, and when you beamed me with the unforgiving lights from Carl I knew I started things off with a handicap! Nonetheless, when we started walking towards the park I wasn't sure if I should have made a move to grab your hand or not. I decided against it and figured the more private setting of the park would be a better place for something special like that. Once we did get to the park, I walked slightly ahead of you, extended my hand and wasn't sure how you would react -- time felt like it had stopped, but you quickly grabbed it and lined up together with me. We were walking together as equals.

our skytrain ride during our first Olympic venture together. In the latter portions of the night we were both tired and we both explored quite a few unfamiliar places. In hindsight, I don't recall a single moment when we were not in incredibly close proximity of one another, most often holding hands for a huge majority of the night. I suppose our hand-holding from our first meeting carried over . Anyways, on that skytrain ride we were both exhausted, but we were so comfortable with one another by that point. It was not a matter of simply sitting next to each other, but leaning on one another, having your leg over mine, dozing off together. This would inevitably lead to...

our first kiss. Not the one you stole! I'll never forget that either! but our venture to the Quay. Originally I thought it would be best if I took you home, but secretly I hoped you would cave when I mentioned it to you. Fortunately you did, and with very little fight we started our walk at the Quay. As we walked I tried to think of the best place to kiss, at times I would find a private place, but our mood wasn't right. Other times I thought it would have been amazing to just lean in and kiss you, but some damn boat or 60 year old man walking his wifes froo-froo dog at midnight, ruined the moment. As we reached the end of our path and turned around, I was really discouraged, time was running out. Finally, in one place I just went for it. You pulled away quickly and I was a little heartbroken, but I soon realized it was probably just the abruptness of it. With that in mind, I got you to sit down with me and truly kissed you... over and over...

the aquarium. I wasn't sure what to expect, I had never been there and my hopes weren't too high on the number of things we would see. In that sense, I was nervous that it could have been boring for you. Fortunately, I was not disappointed, but more importantly, you were completely ecstatic before we got there and as soon as we entered. After that my nerves went away quickly and I just fed off you. Like a kid in a candy store, we both rummaged through the place with "OMG LOOK AT THIS!" shouted out quite often. The most amusing part is that often when we said that we were right beside one another and probably looking at the same thing anyways! Nonetheless, the aquarium was fun, interesting, and really made me feel close to you - it was the first time we threw away our inhibitions and just acted based on how we felt... like overzealous kids.

saying "I love you." I certainly thought it over a million times before I said it, I felt it even more than that. When you told me you had never said it before, I knew you took it incredibly seriously -- I admired that. In the same breath, it also meant that if I were to say it, particularly so "soon", you may have thought less of me. With that in mind I whispered into your ear that I was "falling for you," only to later correct myself saying I was a liar. I had "fallen for you". As I said when you were with me, I knew how I felt, but thought about saying it in a more memorable place. However, I realized that it was a matter of the feelings and not necessarily the place. With that in my mind, I told you "I love you." You asked me if I promised, I did, and to my surprise, you said it back. I will never forget.

I realize I went on with this email, I was going to make it much shorter, but I got lost in thought. Hopefully you're not late because of me .

I love you girl, and I will always love you beyond life itself.

Wishing I was with you, enjoy your day!
- Rich
-----------------

Title: Gah, don't make fun
Received from: Recent ex
Rich,

As I lay here trying to nap, I can't slow my thoughts down enough to drift away. So I thought, perhaps writing it down will help...and perhaps it'll allow me to say the things that I just can't seem to get out verbally.

(Forgive me for my lack of writing skills, for this will be a huge fail compared to yours. And expressing myself is not something I'm used to...so just bear with me...my mind is a jumble)

So here goes:

Every time you tell me you love me, my heart skips a few beats. You ask me what I'm thinking, and when I say "nothing", it's quite often a lie. I just don't know how to put my feelings into words. On that note, I love you. More than I know how to express, more than even I can comprehend. Never have I thought that things could feel so right, and especially in such a short amount of time. Nor have I dreamt that I could be so happy. I hope that I can make you feel some degree of happiness that you make me feel.

You're sweet, caring, empathetic, handsome, genuine, funny, clever, intelligent, and of course, devious in a wonderful way...just to name a few things. The way you hold me, the way you kiss me, the way you touch me, and just the way you look at me, makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world to know that you're all mine and that I'm lucky to have you love me too.

I told a girl I work with that you told me you loved me, and her response was, "Already?"

Well yeah, "already". With you, it's not a matter of how long I've known you for. It's a matter of everything just falling into place. Like two important puzzle pieces fitting together. To be cliche, we just "clicked". That first night when you wanted to meet up, I can't even tell you the panic that had set in. I swear it was code red anxiety level. I knew you were something special already, and it terrified me that you may meet me and write me off...even as just a friend. Lucky for me, you were persistent. The entire drive out there, my heart was racing. Nerves were a huge part of it, but excitement was also part of it. I was excited to get to know this man that just seemed so wonderful. You were a pleasure to talk to before I even met you, and once I met you, it only got better. And as our guards came down, and we became more comfortable with each other, I knew that I wanted you in my life; and it meant the world to me knowing that you wanted to be a part of mine. The single greatest moment in my life thus far, is you telling me that you love me.

Every time we discuss getting together, a huge smile spreads across my face. For lack of a better analogy, to me, it's like a kid being told that they get to go to DisneyLand. That's the kind of excitement I feel. The excitement of knowing that no matter what worries I may have at the moment, they always seem to be erased when I'm with you. You've already impacted my life more than you know. Doubts have always been a part of who I am...It's always been hard for me to have faith in people because I just don't want to be let down anymore. I've been hurt enough. However, I have complete and total faith in you, and in us, and in what the future has to hold for us.

All I ask is that you have patience with me, that you continue loving me, and that you remember just how important you are to me.

I love you with all of my heart, I'm entirely yours, and always will be. You're my first love, and my last love.

Je t'aime.

(or if you prefer Norwegian: Jeg elsker deg.)

-- Nicole

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lad that was very touching, i cant believe a guy could write something like that, lol. Nicole was a very lucky girl :)

Ok soooo i just want to warn everyone that is might be a little long and intense, lol. I wrote this JUST last year, i was (for some unknown reason) madly in love with this guy named Jon who i met at work (the bingo palace, lol), we became friends and i had a huge crush on him while we were working together, but he had a gf.

Long story short we remained friends throughout the years and finally neither of us were taken, but he still showed no interest, so i was devistated.

***This is when i wrote this letter***

One night he dared to ask me if we could be fuck friends, i said no to that, and i was truly hurt that, thats all he thought of me as.

From then on he sends me msg's about how stupid i am for believing in God and how much a hypocrit i am for eating meat when i am a huge animal activist. Maybe thats true but he seems to think i have no soul cause of it.

Anyways i cannot fathom now WHY in the world i had ever felt like i had actually loved him, lol.

Anyways this letter was to him which he was never meant to see, but i showed it to him recently cause i didnt feel the same way about him anymore.

I'm writing this because i feel a great need to get this out. I have feelings for a guy who see’s right through me, and i can’t describe how much this truly hurts. It isn’t his fault, he can’t help it if he doesn’t want to be with me. I wish i could be poetic about this and write a song instead of a lame confession in which he will never get to see. This all seems so pointless but i cant tell anyone this, no one would really understand or comprehend what i am trying to tell them.

However I am absolutely tortured over this; i am bursting with all these feelings, to give you an idea of how i feel right now i will describe it to you. Well for one thing if you could imagine being absolutely irrevocably in love with someone who doesn’t think you’re good enough to have a relationship with but just good enough to sleep with. Imagine them wanting to be with other girls/guys while they are spending time with you. Imagine them going on a date with someone after you spent the night with him/her.

Imagine them not talking/thinking/caring about you until the next time they see you. I wish i could give you a link to how i feel, lol it would be so much easier. To just feel what i feel for 5 seconds...you’d probably burst into tears like i keep doing every 30 seconds. I have a pile of Kleenex next to me, my glasses are fogged up, my stomach is in knots, my heart is aching, i am lonely and i feel unwanted by him. To love someone and not be able to tell them is pure torture. Also not to mention that he will never feel the same. I care about him so much i can barely get these thoughts down.

He is the only guy that has made me blush all over and make my skin feel like its on fire, whether he touches me or even smiles at me. I am telling the truth....24 years of guys and one nighters and 2 serious relationships and whatever else i have done....not 1 person has EVER made me feel the way i do about him. Thats what makes me think he is the one for me. He may have to impress people for them to like him, but all he has to do is smile at me and i am pudding.

He truly doesn’t realize just how absolutely fascinating and wonderful he is. He is so talented, bright, funny, intelligent, witty, charming, he’s beautiful to me. After knowing him for 3 years he has not seemed at all interested in me. Its a classic case of un-requited love. I think he is the most amazing, most talented person i know. I think the world of him. I have always have thought of him throughout the 3 years ive known him.

I have never ever written a journal about anything or anyone before, i hate journals. Even when Andrew left me without a word i was so devastated i still did not write down my feelings.The feelings i have for him is so deep it actually hurts to keep any of it in so this is why i am writing this down. I feel like this is a letter to him that he will never get to read. I do not want to scare him, if he knew how much i wanted to be with him, im afraid he would get turned off and not want to see me anymore.

I don’t feel like i am good enough to be with. He has always said he wants someone with lots of things in common with him as well as being intelligent. I know he doesn’t think im stupid, but there is a level of smarts that i think he needs to have in a partner and i don’t think i can keep up with that. We have some stuff in common. I like movies he likes, we are both artsy and creative, we both see a lot of beauty in the world others do not see.

However our views on religion are completely opposite. I have not heard of or seen a lot of movies, music, and books he has great passion for. That does not mean the interest isn’t there, i would love to just listen to him talk about the things he cares so much for. I find it amazing how he has such passion and explain it to me with all these deep meaningful words some i don’t even know what they mean, lol. It amuses and calms me. I wish i could tell him how deeply he moves me and how absolutely incredible and amazing i truly think he is. I appreciate him so much. Again i wish i could tell him that i think the world of him....this thought comes to me everytime i think of him “I think the world of him” is all i think about. I want to tell him how truly special he is to me and that i am the only girl who could possibly feel this way about him....but thats just selfish thinking. I am obviously not the girl who he was meant to be with, if i was i am sure i would be in his arms right now.

Soooo yeeeaaah, i was smitten ...but i dont know why, lol.

Feel free to comment :) I love reading replies.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Syr, when you talked about how much of a jerk this guy was, I wasn't really expecting much in terms of a letter for him.

Surprisingly enough though, I felt like I got 2nd wind just reading it. It spoke out in so many ways that can just pull you in. I thought about "how is it possible to care so much for somebody who, to some extent, doesn't even acknowledge your existence." Then I began to wonder, let's say he did give in, let's say he wanted you to be his, and he wanted to belong to you. With all those intense feelings you have for him, it would have been such an incredible experience from his perspective -- a feeling he will now never know.

When I think about that, I wonder about the girls I deliberately ignored throughout my life. The ones that gave me those oogly eyes that I would turn my head away from. I always go on and on about soul searching, but what if I -missed- that soul I was looking for?

What I'll take from your post is that I need to be a little more mindful of how I treat people that may be interested in me. I assume most of your sentiments weren't quite as plain as day to him, but the feelings were still there and when I think about that in terms of myself, I better give those girls an extra nudge to see if anything falls out of the tree for me.

Thank you for sharing! :D p.s. stop drinking coffee so late.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you Lad! that meant a lot to me :) You're very thoughtful and pay attention to detail, thats a very good quality! I like to think i pay attention to detail as well...but thats debatable, lol.

Yeah i should not drink anymore coffee, lol but Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Vanilla cream....*homer drool*

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My ex and I used to exchange poems and I used to make her fanvids and stuff. For Valentine's day, she made me a card which was also an anatomically correct heart. We had a few shiny good moments. Too bad for the rest of things.

Uh, I deleted most of the things I made for her, but I hadn't gotten around to this yet:
mornings --
hear my heart
change its score once more,
my brain abuzz
altered forever by this
entirely unfamiliar state

lips pressed against
the cold, unreceptive glass window
which is not you
i can only view your words -- your soul -- through it
it is the thing in front of me
the thing which is most near(ly
you)

my sadness and yearning,
the aching chill,
are vanquished by
your nervous, affectionate
words, doodles, photos, and poems,
your memories
of one-time
conversations, facts

love and happiness
are oxygen
that flows between,
around, and through us,
warms us --
wherever we go

every cell in my body
is more alive with your touch --
my heart operates on a jump drive,
leaping from one galaxy to another,
traveling many times faster
than the speed of light
my mind has allocated all its
available resources
to thoughts of you

if it's books you want,
i shall add shelves to every wall
if it's faithfulness,
i see no one else but you
if it's love,
i shall treasure you every day

anything you want
is yours
because
i love you
and
i'm yours
See, the "glass window" would be the screen of my laptop - I wanted to include some geekish things and some things which reflected our means of communication with each other when we couldn't see each other.
I ended it with "I'm yours" because she was very possessive, and I knew that would be the most affecting thing I had said. You'll see also that I mention faithfulness, because again we had a bit of an issue because she was very jealous and possessive and I don't even really believe in monogamy. I tried because I loved her, but she didn't even want me to look at anybody else - hence me then saying, "i see no one else but you".

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Dear first love, it has been years since we have seen each other face to face.

I am sorry that I let you go many years ago. I did not want to see you cry, I wanted to protect you but I failed at doing so. I failed to keep my word. I am sorry because I was a kid at that time, I was impatient and I could not handle the obstacles at that time which related to family issues. You should know, I could not take it when they judged you, when they hurt you, maybe I did what was best for you even though it shattered my heart.

I am sorry that years afterwards, I have lied to myself a lot of times and hid how much I have missed you. I tried moving on with many friends and of course, men, but I still thought of you a lot and cried about you behind closed doors. Even as I write this letter, I feel tears fall down from my eyes. You were everything to me, nothing brightened my day better than seeing you smile at me. I trusted you the most. You picked me up when I cried and when I felt nobody could understand me enough, you took care of me for two whole years even when I could not take care of myself.

Dear first love, I only fall hard for one ex after you and he is still important to me. I have known him for many years. He tried to cheer me up (I could see that) when I was hung up, thinking about you. Just now, I passed by him and I felt his anger. He didn't say a word but even without looking at him, I knew him well enough, I knew deep down inside my heart, he is angry that it has been complicated between us for the longest time and he is angry that he has to face my continuous issues with 'other guys'. Oh my first love, it makes me feel guilty that in my life, there is another person who also can brighten my day that much with a smile, there is another person who showed me what it's like to be loved and adored by a man, besides you.
Even though it hurts me so much, from now on, I am going to hide my feelings for you because I don't want to cause him further pain. Maybe many years down the road, even if I get married to the person I'm meant to marry (whomever that may be), I would still think of you, my first love, from time to time.

Because nobody knows how hard it has been for me, letting go of all our promises, letting go of the messages I used to tell you 'I will never stop loving you' 'I promise you I will never forget you' 'I hope I'll be strong enough through these sacrifices so we can make it in the end' , and facing the fact that I did not keep my word, I did not show you a love that I showed you when I cried in front of you, my first love. Sometimes even though it might seem selfish of me I wish I could turn back time so that a long time ago, I protected you better, I stood up for you more fiercely, I gave you a better life and I guided you with a less selfish heart. All I want is the best for you, my most beloved.

This year, my first love, when I told you the truth via SMS and I could tell from the way you responded to my messages, you were still angry and hurt. Even though we've been apart for what feels like a decade, I still know who you are. That anger killed me. Just so you know, even if you are unable to forgive me right now, even if you harbor thoughts like,'you're so useless, worthless, I wish I never knew you', I still care for you the same way. I don't blame you if you feel that way about me right now, but I still want the best for you. I am sorry that a part of me feels like I was a failure, I wish that I was there for you. Even though it seems on education level I have progressed more, the truth is, I feel like I'm the failure. Also, this year, I admitted to my family and fought with them about how hard it has been, letting you go for all these years. I hope that by now, they have understood me.

Dear my first love, do I deserve this path - the one with that important guy in my life right now? I hope he can forgive me and he can trust me again. I love it when he tried to cheer me up, I want him to do more of that. I sometimes feel lost, wishing that I can see you again, first love, wondering if you would be proud of how much I have changed today, but..I just have to accept my fate.

I am sorry.

And no, I never sent this to him.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wish I could contribute, but I have nothing I've recieved, sent or intended to send. Mostly because my procrastinating laziness and unwillingness to organize wins over my desire to save such things.

Also because when I break up with someone or leave someone, I will at some point enter a rage in which I'll terminate everything that has something to do with the person and make sure that I can't get it back again.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, the "glass window" would be the screen of my laptop - I wanted to include some geekish things and some things which reflected our means of communication with each other when we couldn't see each other.
I ended it with "I'm yours" because she was very possessive, and I knew that would be the most affecting thing I had said. You'll see also that I mention faithfulness, because again we had a bit of an issue because she was very jealous and possessive and I don't even really believe in monogamy. I tried because I loved her, but she didn't even want me to look at anybody else - hence me then saying, "i see no one else but you".
Thanks for sharing row. Before I comment, I really recommend you hang onto those things. While some of them may be painful, you can later look back at them for reflection. In the end, if you can get 2 uses out of something then why not, right?

That's a kick ass poem. I'll be perfectly honest by saying that poetry isn't really my type, but I love the references to ..
" hear my heart
change its score once more,"

"love and happiness
are oxygen
that flows between,
around, and through us,
warms us --
wherever we go"

the books, and of course the end.

Those certainly resonated as I read them.

When I made this thread i had a general view of wanting to see some inspiration, but I realize I'm looking at everyone individually and that it says so much about the character of the person.

Thank you again :D

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my younger days, I wrote quite a few love letters...

But if I posted them here, I would die of embarrassment, so yeah.....probably not going to happen.
I love writing love letters, but I think that they're a bit too personal to share here. :crazy:
Ya, I totally understand where you guys are coming from. In the same breath, one of my main goals in life is to just grow and mature. I figure that for every person that speaks out there's a number of quiet ones, who will never say anything, that feel the same way. This applies beyond these intimate letters.

I figure that if by sharing myself I can invoke some thought in others that they can apply to themselves, then that's incredible. Similarly, while I was talking to LB on MSN after she read mine it made me realize a few new things about my letter that I never thought about. As someone who reflects a lot, that was a bit of a mind blower.

I do respect you guys though, there are a million reasons to argue against sharing as well :D.

I wish I could contribute, but I have nothing I've recieved, sent or intended to send. Mostly because my procrastinating laziness and unwillingness to organize wins over my desire to save such things.

Also because when I break up with someone or leave someone, I will at some point enter a rage in which I'll terminate everything that has something to do with the person and make sure that I can't get it back again.
I've had a few cases where I just raged a bit and thought F' who needs them, I don't need these sentimental things, etc. Later on I learned to regret it, so I simply move them out of sight and glance at them later in the future. I think in some senses, it reminds me of all the good times and gives me a swift kick in the butt to go re-connect with an ex. Surprisingly, I'm on good terms with 6 of my 7 ex's.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And no, I never sent this to him.

Your early paragraph about protection really reminded me of myself, trying to protect this delicate girl I was truly fascinated by.

I actually got a little emotional when you started talking about broken promises and those little messages of reminders of love. Shifting a little from that, I know that I almost accidentally say "I love you" at the end of every phone conversation with anyone. I'm just used to saying it to the person I'm with that it becomes 2nd nature.

Your SMS paragraph was incredibly powerful too. In all honesty, to the point where I can't even respond to it right now. I have never been able to -not- respond to a post.

Thank you for sharing, izzie. You truly will make someone so unbelievably happy someday, it's mind blowing.

Reactions: Evgenia

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thank you, Lad. I'm kind of regretting opening this thread, but at the same time very grateful. I've closed my heart off for so long to love and the amazing connection and desire to feel those connections with people that I had forgotten what it is like to feel that excitement and passion and tenderness for another soul.

I haven't saved any of my love letters, whether written by me or my ex-boyfriend. I actually never received any such things from my soon-to-be ex-husband. Which, I suppose should say enough as to why my heart has been closed off for at least 2 years, if not longer. I'm a sentimental fool, but after being so deeply betrayed and hurt by the boyfriend (and our friends whom I no longer speak to) I couldn't stand the sight of anything related to him. Or our friends now that I think about it. The only things I have from STBE are stuffed animals, which have been donated to my cats as they like soft things.

Before I completely lose what I was thinking when I started writing this, I really do appreciate you posting your heart here. Not just Lad, but everyone who has and will. I'll be checking back and probably re-reading what has already been posted because I can feel my heart stirring and wondering and waking up. I want to encourage that, I want to feel again. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to understand that I can feel like that despite being hurt so deeply the last few years. I've been wondering whether I was eventually going to end up in a relationship/married (if I bother with that again) with someone who loves me, but whom I couldn't love back, not from lack of wanting to (because I cannot imagine how much that would hurt him) but from lack of ability to do so.

You have also made me realize that while I tell my friends that I love them, that it is only the most shallow of loves I have allowed myself to feel. The depth you all have shown (even those who actually haven't posted their letters) has made me realize that it's not only romantic love that I am missing out on understanding and experiencing again, but all the possible forms that love is. I will have to think and reflect on this more, but truly, I want to thank you all.

Though I may not feel or understand it as well as I used to, I hope you will understand what I mean when I say I love you all and hope you find and remember your hearts and loves as well. *hugs*

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've haven't written an actual love letter since 6th grade, I think, although I always write letters which are full of love. I value snail mail over emails as well, there's just so much more you can express with a real letter.

To me, love is not just how you feel about someone, but what you are truly willing to do for that person. So, instead of just telling her how much I like her, I would look at her for hours when she's not noticing it, memorize her face in my head and then draw - from memory - a 4 hour portrait of her in my favorite pose and secretly surprise her with it for no reason at all. (Did this about a month ago.)

But everyone has their own mode of expression. What counts is the thought, of course.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Your early paragraph about protection really reminded me of myself, trying to protect this delicate girl I was truly fascinated by.

I actually got a little emotional when you started talking about broken promises and those little messages of reminders of love. Shifting a little from that, I know that I almost accidentally say "I love you" at the end of every phone conversation with anyone. I'm just used to saying it to the person I'm with that it becomes 2nd nature.

Your SMS paragraph was incredibly powerful too. In all honesty, to the point where I can't even respond to it right now. I have never been able to -not- respond to a post.

Thank you for sharing, izzie. You truly will make someone so unbelievably happy someday, it's mind blowing.
My first love was someone who taught me to walk before I started running (in metaphoric terms)

But I took him for granted, didn't fight for him enough and broke his heart in the past.

I very much just wish for his happiness, even if in all honesty, he doesn't care about me anymore.

Seriously I cannot start thinking about my first love too much..Or I might start crying again..Sorry not in that place yet.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
We INFP's are like that, Lad.. We can be completely flirtatious and overly charming on the outside..But behind closed doors, nobody knows what we've done and what we've felt for the ones we love the most.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
To be honest, I feel that it's really hard to find guys like my first love and my second ex. They know me through to the cores. I hope that whatever happens next between me and them, that they will always keep a part of me that cared about them so much and for the rest of my life.

Okay I'll stop now..I don't actually like talking about everything online, even though I seem to share a lot.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Thanks for sharing row. Before I comment, I really recommend you hang onto those things. While some of them may be painful, you can later look back at them for reflection. In the end, if you can get 2 uses out of something then why not, right?

That's a kick ass poem. I'll be perfectly honest by saying that poetry isn't really my type, but I love the references to ..
" hear my heart
change its score once more,"

"love and happiness
are oxygen
that flows between,
around, and through us,
warms us --
wherever we go"

the books, and of course the end.

Those certainly resonated as I read them.

When I made this thread i had a general view of wanting to see some inspiration, but I realize I'm looking at everyone individually and that it says so much about the character of the person.

Thank you again :D
Thank you.

It's not about pain, it's about just moving on. You know, she treated me pretty badly, and holding onto anything symbolic of what we had just seems pathetic now.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I don't think I'd be able to post most of the messages I've written or shared with my exes. Pretty deep overwhelming stuff that I honestly don't think even INFP's can handle. Stuff about being my husbands in the afterlife, how we'd be if time stopped, and so on.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts