Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say you had a friend, who had a female friend, who had a boyfriend. The female friend and her boyfriend have been together for a little over two years now, but your friend is really close with the female friend. Actually, it seems like your friend has a much deeper connection with your female friend--they confide in each other, and have much more personal trust in each other. They're on the same wavelength, and can always argue with one another (constructively). They unintentionally push each other to grow mentally and emotionally. They understand each other on a level that doesn't require verbal communication, and both can respond well to each other's needs. Simply put--they don't feel the slightest bit of loneliness when they're around each other.

Your friend knows he can be a better companion for his female friend. What should he do?..

A. Brush off his intuitions and feelings; forget the obvious and move on to other opportunities; give up
B. Be a home-wrecker and fight for her monogamous companionship for a potentially lifelong commitment
C. Stay close and let be what may be; wait

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Is the friend you? And where is the triangle?
Best way is to come out and say it.
I have spoken.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Let's say that you're in the friend zone already. Let's also say that what you wrote doesn't indicate the slightest bit of sexual / romantic attraction on her part.

Is it "had a boyfriend" or "has a boyfriend." Your verb conjugation is confusing. From what follows it seems that "has a boyfriend" is what you meant.

If it's "had," and there's a lot more you're not telling us, then maybe. I've had a "friends to lovers" opportunity before, but usually there's a reason you're in the friend zone to begin with. My status with her changed only after I changed.

If it's "has," then wait it out while growing as a person and making a life. Personally I'd find any excuse to self-improve and if the prospect of getting this girl to feel attraction to you helps you become a better person then I'd use it.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Boo Boys are out of the Closet

Let's say you had a friend, who had a female friend, who had a boyfriend. The female friend and her boyfriend have been together for a little over two years now, but your friend is really close with the female friend. Actually, it seems like your friend has a much deeper connection with your female friend--they confide in each other, and have much more personal trust in each other. They're on the same wavelength, and can always argue with one another (constructively). They unintentionally push each other to grow mentally and emotionally. They understand each other on a level that doesn't require verbal communication, and both can respond well to each other's needs. Simply put--they don't feel the slightest bit of loneliness when they're around each other.

Your friend knows he can be a better companion for his female friend. What should he do?..

A. Brush off his intuitions and feelings; forget the obvious and move on to other opportunities; give up
B. Be a home-wrecker and fight for her monogamous companionship for a potentially lifelong commitment
C. Stay close and let be what may be; wait
In the western world you should iNtuitively know that polyandry is politically unacceptable, so it is best to keep quiet. You can a wait forever. This issue mucks up the Perseus System matches. The Guards SJ will not like it cause they have a monogamous monotheist rule book. The NTJs will not like the third party either because they know the political climate. Polyandry is unacceptable in almost all political and religious systems. Polygyny tends to be illegal or unacceptable but not in all societies. These practices are called Taboo. Famous people and politicians are not allowed to break taboos.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hard to say because they have been together for so long. I'm going to assume the "friend" is you...does she talk to you about her relationship? If so, does she seem fairly happy with it or do you have the suspicion she just there because it's what's comfortable? If it's the first, leave it alone. If it's the second, tell her that you know she is in a relationship, but that you have some feelings for her. Tell her it is ok if she doesn't feel the same back, that you still wish to remain friends, and that you just want to be sure for your own sake, so you can move on.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
C.

Most relationships don't last. Wait for theirs to collapse and in the meantime be a good friend but keep your conscience clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.