1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You Are the ESTJ: Traditionalist

"Love is grounded on the rock-solid values of family, tradition, and loyalty."

You Are Someone Who:

Tends to display a take-charge personality.
Values authority and chain of command.
Enjoys a raucous sense of humor.
Is an excellent protector and provider for your family.
Seeks the stability and structure of marriage and family life.

If You Are Female, Your Best Matches Are:
ESTJs: Traditionalists
ENTJs: Generals

If You Are Male, Your Best Matches Are:
ISTJs: Administrators
ESFJs: Dutiful Hosts
ESTJs: Traditionalists
INTJs: Experts
ENTJs: Generals

If You Want to Win the Heart of Your Ideal Mate, Do the Following:
For ESTJs:
*Keep the conversation practical and down-to-earth.
*Let your ESTJ decide where to go and what to do on dates; then join him or her for the ride.
*Avoid excessive sentimentality and a "touchy feely" attitude--keep it real and straightforward.
*Express your interest, affection, and loyalty in practical ways such as buying groceries and cooking for your date.
*Spend time with their family and friends and become a part of their inner circle.

For ENTJs:
*Dress your best; ENTJs are fastidious about your appearance.
*Be ready to engage in a fiery debate about almost anything.
*Sharpen your wit and be prepared to lampoon any silly, pompous, or hypocritical person or situation you observe.
*Keep your cool when ENTJs use their famous acidic wit to roast you; tease them back and win their affection.

For ISTJs:
*Accent the traditional side of your personality--talk about how much you enjoy cooking, children, and providing for your family.
*Cater to your ISTJ's desire for timeliness, cleanliness and organization; be on time, neat, and clean when you're dating them.
*To really impress them, offer to help clean their home and make a date out of it.
*Don't engage in showy displays of affection and romantic gestures (bouquets of flowers not required); keep the conversation practical and the activities simple and cost-effective.

For ESFJs:
*Help your perfect host plan a party, wedding, or bar mitzvah.
*If you're planning the date, fill them in on the details and make sure you don't deviate from your schedule (unless you give them plenty of notice).
*Talk about everyday topics such as the latest trends in fashion, finances, or entertainment.
*If you invite your ESFJ over, make sure your home is neat, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing.
*Join your ESFJ on social outings to restaurants, nightclubs, comedy clubs, and anywhere else people are enjoying themselves.

For INTJs:
*Plan dates that allow your INTJ to display his or her knowledge and competence (attend a wine tasting or watch a court trial, for example).
*Add spice to your relationship by engaging your partner in a rousing debate.
*Engage your date's intellectual competitiveness by playing a good game of chess or helping them solve a brain teaser.
*Demonstrate that you are competent in an esoteric subject and your INTJ will respect you even more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I'm an ESTJ lady if you have any questions...one of my best friends is a male INFJ :)

I would somewhat disagree about the matches...because there's no way I would ever marry another one of me. I mean I have me already, so why does there need to be two of us?? I do get along with ENTJ's however, but I don't know if I could have another E in the relationship...plus F's kind of intrigue me and make me a better/softer person I find, so I like that a lot better.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I wonder about that as well. I'm an ENTJ female and I'm supposed to be with either a male version of myself (not a bad idea, but probably suicidal) or an ESTJ.

I don't know enough about ESTJ male, how would that work, really?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I want to find an ESTJ lady to see if we connect. I want it badly!
Awwww... Too bad that you're too late a couple weeks, HD. I already have my lovely INFJ boyfriend. :blushed:

I wonder about that as well. I'm an ENTJ female and I'm supposed to be with either a male version of myself (not a bad idea, but probably suicidal) or an ESTJ.

I don't know enough about ESTJ male, how would that work, really?
I don't think ENTJ will match with ESTJ. I have an ENTJ best friend, we're a great team, but I don't think we could be a great romantic couple. We both likes to plan things and dominant.

Besides, Keirsey said that ST and NT are the least ideal couple. In fact, he match ESTJ with ISFP/ISTP, and ENTJ with INFP/INTP. Maybe you could consider that?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Where did Kiersey that was the worst match? I know how a relaitonship between an ENTJ and an ESTJ would go.
*Heated arguement.*
ENTJ: It's the best way to do it!
ESTJ: But it's not the proper way to do it!
ENTJ: Shut up you fucking idiot; it's better this way!
ESTJ: No; the instructions say that we are supposed to do it like this, so fuck you!
*gunbattle ensues.*
I wonder why he thought that ESTJ isn't a good match with INTP. I see loads of potential in it. Yes, the relationship is still on, and we've finally had our first real date (it's a bitch coordinating six things at once and having a mother who doesn't want you dating.) It wasn't expensive, just a Saturday lunch at Famous Dave's.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I don't think ENTJ will match with ESTJ. I have an ENTJ best friend, we're a great team, but I don't think we could be a great romantic couple. We both likes to plan things and dominant.
So the way to approach it should be like facing a business merger? It could probably work if both parties would like to keep the relationship dry and non-sentimental. And one has to concede, there can't be two alphas in the pack.
But it could be an alpha couple, in that sense.

Besides, Keirsey said that ST and NT are the least ideal couple. In fact, he match ESTJ with ISFP/ISTP, and ENTJ with INFP/INTP. Maybe you could consider that?
Ah, thanks. I've actually tried both. There are some good and bad in those relationships, and I might try it again; but like any good ENTJ, I'm open to suggestions and other possible options if there's a chance a better, less painful result can be achieved. ; )

Well, that, and I'm curious since I don't think I know any ESTJ RL while this test told me that I would be compatible with one. Probably because I tend to surround myself with NTs and NFs.

I know how a relaitonship between an ENTJ and an ESTJ would go.
*Heated arguement.*
ESTJ: No; the instructions say that we are supposed to do it like this, so fuck you!
*gunbattle ensues.*
If that's supposed to turn me away, it didn't work. Gunbattles! :D

But yes, I see your point. I can picture myself being frustated in facing someone who insists on doing it the 'proper' way although there's a faster, easier, more efficient (albeit unconventional) way to do it.

I'll remember the warning, thank you. : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Estj?

So does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the ENTP/ESTJ combo?

I've found myself tumbled into some sort of relationship at the moment with an ESTJ. Hes great to go out with, lots of fun - always something new which is really appealing. Hes very upbeat and positive, and thats also really nice. Hes very down to earth and in the moment which I like because it helps bring me back from my own abstract world in my head. But will it end in tears?? :D Hes really hard to read emotionally. I mean Im sure he has feelings but I can't quite get how they work in his head, and hes hard to get into if that makes sense.

All ideas welcome :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a lot of friends who are NT's. We work fabulously together and I've even dated one. However, I would say that when around other NT's I tend to be a little more hard. I think it's that they are also that way and so I get a non-feeling vibe from them. This is great because I feel like if I have a problem they're great to talk to because they will respond logically and often give me ideas I never would have thought of. However, I have a harder time opening up to T's. I just cant do it for some reason, especially with TJ's. This is probably because I am one, and also because I feel like a lot of times if you put T and J together you get a harsh judger person, which is great for logical things, but not for feelings. They make for excellent teammates, but not really a good relationship. The good news is that I open up to P's pretty easily and one of my best friends is an ISTP and I opened up to him right away. With ESTJ's you just have to wait and see. Don't pressure him into it otherwise he might feel to overwhelmed. Maybe consider sharing some of your own deep feelings about different things in your life, i've often found that opening up makes others open up too.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Wow. This is like one of the few times that type experts think someone should date an INTJ. Amazing. I turned out as "The Wild Rose" on OKCupid. Apparently, no other "OKC" type should date me either.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well I'm an ESTJ lady if you have any questions...one of my best friends is a male INFJ :)

I would somewhat disagree about the matches...because there's no way I would ever marry another one of me. I mean I have me already, so why does there need to be two of us?? I do get along with ENTJ's however, but I don't know if I could have another E in the relationship...plus F's kind of intrigue me and make me a better/softer person I find, so I like that a lot better.

I wouldn't want to marry another one of me as well, it wouldn't be any fun and I don't think I'll learn anything. I would prefer a F type though, as they help me to become a softer person, I think my first love was an F but not overly bearingly so, and we got on really well, and it seems he might have been a P as well - as he helped me to live more in the moment - my head is almost always in the future.

·
Banned
211 Posts
what is this hesitancy to match F males and T females. Are we stuck in the stone age or something?
In general, matching F males with T females are a great match, but it would also have to depend if the two are willing to pull it off. Some F typed males are simply not compatible with some T typed females, just to throw it "out there"

·
Registered
569 Posts
Where did Kiersey that was the worst match? I know how a relaitonship between an ENTJ and an ESTJ would go.
*Heated arguement.*
*gunbattle ensues.*
That's for sure! I know two people that would totally respond like this! Hehehe! Gosh, I love my sister and husband. :D @ENTJwillruletheworld@%1;

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oh, and my husband is the ESTJ, so you can just imagine the conversations that go on at our house! :p
But we do ok, since he has developed some of his feeling and intuition and I have developed some sensing....

I always throw instruction manuals at him when he hands them to me, and say, "just tell me the short version dangitt!" Or "I'll watch and learn."

But on a more serious note... Does anyone have any suggestions for me, to help keep the relationship alive and healthy?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts