·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You Are the INTP: Scholar

"Love is just another idea."

You Are Someone Who:

Is fascinated with theories.
Can be like an absent-minded professor--forgetting and losing things--but still able to come up with brilliant ideas and observations.
Is an easygoing and flexible companion.
Can be oblivious to the emotional needs of your relationship.
May alternate between quiet and argumentative.

If You Are Female, Your Best Matches Are:
INTJs: Experts
ENTJs: Generals
ENTPs: Innovators

If You Are Male, Your Best Matches Are:
INFJs: Mystic Writers

If You Want to Win the Heart of Your Ideal Mate, Do the Following:
For INTJs:
*Plan dates that allow your INTJ to display his or her knowledge and competence (attend a wine tasting or watch a court trial, for example).
*Add spice to your relationship by engaging your partner in a rousing debate.
*Engage your date's intellectual competitiveness by playing a good game of chess or helping them solve a brain teaser.
*Demonstrate that you are competent in an esoteric subject and your INTJ will respect you even more.

For ENTJs:
*Dress your best; ENTJs are fastidious about your appearance.
*Be ready to engage in a fiery debate about almost anything.
*Sharpen your wit and be prepared to lampoon any silly, pompous, or hypocritical person or situation you observe.
*Keep your cool when ENTJs use their famous acidic wit to roast you; tease them back and win their affection.

For ENTPs:
*Ask questions and get your loquacious ENTP talking about whatever comes to mind.
*Display enthusiasm for their constant stream of ideas, inventions, and schemes.
*Don't try to talk them out of an idea that appears foolish--if you give them enough space, they will likely talk themselves out of it.
*Share in the fun as this risk-loving, spontaneous person takes you on spur-of-the moment gambling trips and other adventures.

For INFJs:
*Cater to your date's fascination with metaphysical, psychological, or philosophical topics.
*Respect their need for solitude and quiet dates at home or in a private setting.
*Share activities with them that revolve around their love of reading or writing (eg. book signings and poetry readings).
*Provide structure on your dates--ie. let them know in advance where you are going, what you will be doing, how long it will take, and so forth.

·
Registered
871 Posts
What the... INFJs? Who could have called that!? Talk about out of left-field... :tongue:

I'd be extremely depressed if I bought into this idea and had an overwhelming drive to settle down and have a family. We get one suggestion, they're as rare as we are, and they had 4 matches themselves. Now I don't know much about odds, but...

·
Registered
152 Posts
They are RARER than INTPs and both types are introverted, have fun.
I have come for your jobs and your women cryptonia. muhahahahaha
Are they rarer than INTP's? hmmm... but I think they'll be easier to spot than fellow INTP's.

·
Registered
871 Posts
haha no mystic, you're right. I am still in college. The (?) was to say: "what does that have to do with anything?"

Reactions: Wasp

·
Registered
871 Posts
actually where did you pull that from? I've been wondering, cause I see a bunch of different things. I don't trust internet sources, because I suspect they might just take the information of the people who test on their sites... so NTs are heavily over-represented. Then I saw a bunch of different percentage breakdowns, but they were all scattered, saying INTPs were anything from 1% to as high as 8-9 (although I think the 1% one was Jung's original work, they were very broad numbers. 1% for each of the INxx's, 13% for the ESxx's, and 5-6% in between if I remember right)

I was surely the only INTP in my grade at high school... out of 105 or so kids. Here at college there are a ton, but it's because I go to a very good science-based school, so about 4 out of 5 people is an INTx of some kind or another.

All that to say, with unnecessary amounts of explanation... do you have anything reliable?

Reactions: Wasp

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
A rather ridiculous question. If I could obtain anything online, it would technically fall under an online resource, even if it was from an electronic database for research. Try investigating psychometric resources.. Members only in most places, and the figures pull at about 0.5 - 1% INFJ, 0.8-1.8% ENTJ, 1.1-2% INTJ, INTPs rank in the 3-5 percentile range. These are for reviews beyond American and Canadian borders. I don't trust online testing as much as the old fashioned room, seat and interview method. Less opportunity for confirmation bias. Try the university e-journal articles on Occupational psychology (most used MBTI/Jung and socionics groups) for info yourself.

Have you been tested by a psychometric reviewer?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You know, i am trying to imagine myself doing the things you posted, and can only come to the opinion, that my only possible way to a relationship (note that i am 21 and had not yet a relationship or a date) is either by the other person being very dominant (meaning she would have to be the initiative-giver) or by a liong way through friendship, deeper friendship and then maybe relationship...And i am thinking that the person would have to be someone like my soulmate (using this word), the 'right person'. Yeah, i know, i'm hopeless ;)

Ogion

·
Registered
871 Posts
haha 19... I'm still not sure what you're getting at, though...

·
Registered
871 Posts
wait a...... what would your kids say? For shame...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Can be oblivious to the emotional needs of your relationship.
I personally believe you can work on that and be better at understanding the emotional need of others. I have been around people with a strong sense for extroverted feeling and have tried to learn from them. But it is something I need to keep fresh because I over time might forget the emotional needs for others. Or if you find me in a very stressed out situation I might be overwhelmed so much by emotional "garbage" that I simply forget others but myself. But in general I think that Im a little bit over the average for males when it comes to emotional needs.

And I've found that nf's have a tendancy to be a good match for me, even if it at first can be a little intense. And nfj's especially.

I think isfp might be a good match aswell. Not sure if it would work in real life though, but I think that a sensor of that kind might do a intp good.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts