·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You Are the ISFJ: Caretaker

"Love is a goal worth sacrificing for."

You Are Someone Who:

Has a strong sense of duty.

Is usually concerned about the little people in life: kids, animals, the sick, and the elderly.

Believes in order: "A place for everything and everything in its place."

Finds happiness by serving practical human needs and taking care of your family: you can make a great nurse or teacher, as well as a terrific mom or dad.

If You Are Female, Your Best Matches Are:
ISFJs: Caretakers
ISTJs: Administrators
ESFJs: Dutiful Hosts

If You Are Male, Your Best Matches Are:
ISFJs: Caretakers
ISTJS: Administrators

If You Want to Win the Heart of Your Ideal Mate, Do the Following:
For ISFJs:
*Show as much caring, tenderness, and respect as you possibly can.
*Express your gentle, family side: talk about the kid brother you love or the eccentric uncle you adore.
*Woo your ISFJ with good, old-fashioned courtship; giving and receiving flowers and candy, taking long walks along the beach, and cuddling by the fireplace.
*Go slow with them, especially in the area of sex.
For ISTJs:
*Accent the traditional side of your personality--talk about how much you enjoy cooking, children, and providing for your family.
*Cater to your ISTJ's desire for timeliness, cleanliness and organization; be on time, neat, and clean when you're dating them.
*To really impress them, offer to help clean their home and make a date out of it.
*Don't engage in showy displays of affection and romantic gestures (bouquets of flowers not required); keep the conversation practical and the activities simple and cost-effective.
For ESFJs:
*Help your perfect host plan a party, wedding, or bar mitzvah.
*If you're planning the date, fill them in on the details and make sure you don't deviate from your schedule (unless you give them plenty of notice).
*Talk about everyday topics such as the latest trends in fashion, finances, or entertainment.
*If you invite your ESFJ over, make sure your home is neat, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing.
*Join your ESFJ on social outings to restaurants, nightclubs, comedy clubs, and anywhere else people are enjoying themselves.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Two of the biggest loves of my life are ISFJs: my mother and my best friend.

I think its the type that I get along with the best. I dont think I can possibly love another type like i love ISFJs. And im an INTP.

Too bad the life of a ISFJ tends to be sad, they should get more recognition for all their work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I totally agree. I'm an INTP as well and I am very happily married to and ISFJ.

Reactions: Cassieopeia

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
The Perseus System says your (ISFJ) best match is an ESTJ. It seems to have been tested by my recent personal experience of people watching. These best matches can only be spoilt by the interfering Others.

Worst match is INTJ. INTP strays the bounds of credibility.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Two of the biggest loves of my life are ISFJs: my mother and my best friend.

I think its the type that I get along with the best. I dont think I can possibly love another type like i love ISFJs. And im an INTP.

Too bad the life of a ISFJ tends to be sad, they should get more recognition for all their work.
I completely agree. My mother is also an ISFJ, and I love her. We have certainly had our frustrations and conflicts with each other, but they are not serious (more of a constant bickering), and we have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. She loves me for who I am, with all my quirky ways, and has never tried to change me. I credit her for my survival. I would be much more of a scattered mess if it wasn't for my mother. She does so much for me, still, even though I'm an adult. I don't think I can ever repay or return to her as much as she's given. I think ISFJs are very good mothers for INTPs...or at least that has been the case for me. I'm sure there are exceptions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Married to an ISFJ. I think that he might have got the short end of the stick in this marriage though. He is overly helpful, im well not so much. He likes to show affection and let me know he loves me often, me..... well I have my moments. He is definitely underappreciated and does so much more then I ever would to help out those around him. Even when he is tired or worn out he still puts him self out there. When im tired or worn out I need space and I need it NOW!

Bottom line I think anyone who finds love in an ISFJ is one lucky bastard.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I am an ISFJ, I don't find much info on them, and I don't think there are many on this site...

Reactions: Dodiedear

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I love ISTJs! My love is an ISTJ :happy:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am ISFJ, my middle daughter is ISTJ. We get along great. We definitely have the better relationship compared to my other two daughters who are INFJ and INFP.

My best friends are ESFJ and ENFJ, and my love is INFJ.

How did I end up with so many I's in my life?
I was with an INTP for a long time, but it just wasn't right. We are still good friends now though.
I am very happy with my INFJ match. I think it is the sweet, caring, romantic side of him, and yet, the ability to give me my space because he needs it too?

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,065 Posts
I am married to an ISFJ and we have the best relationship. He is the man of my dreams.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
ESFP or ISFP I think are my soul mates. SPs in general really.

I fear that there might be too much yang in SJ-SJ relationships in that both are competing to implement their worldview on the other. An SP would be more likely to respect my ideas and with with their randomness, I'd actually feel more stable. I don't see myself as controlling to them. Perhaps only to get their attention focused on me at times.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Once again, I have to say, I get along famously with my ISTJ daughter and two of my best friends are ESTJ.
Don't underestimate healthy individuals.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Once again, I have to say, I get along famously with my ISTJ daughter and two of my best friends are ESTJ.
Don't underestimate healthy individuals.
My boyfriend is ISTJ and his healthy emotions help my more irrational/oversensitive/crazier emotions balance out. :wink: He really is great, and knows exactly how to deal with me when I'm upset. He just listens and truely listens.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
My boyfriend is ISTJ and his healthy emotions help my more irrational/oversensitive/crazier emotions balance out. :wink: He really is great, and knows exactly how to deal with me when I'm upset. He just listens and truely listens.
Believe me, I think you've picked the right mate, even though I've never met him or yourself before.

My parents are ISFJ and ISTJ and they are extremely happily married to each other. Not only that, but the parenting combination of the two create a highly supportive atmosphere. That is if you ever decide to have kids ;)

A lot of good habits were rubbed into me by the both of them.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Believe me, I think you've picked the right mate, even though I've never met him or yourself before.

My parents are ISFJ and ISTJ and they are extremely happily married to each other. Not only that, but the parenting combination of the two create a highly supportive atmosphere. That is if you ever decide to have kids ;)

A lot of good habits were rubbed into me by the both of them.
I hope we have kids someday. Right now though...I am just waiting on a ring. :wink: It's good to hear from firsthand experience with these two personality types. I would like to raise children in a very supportive environment. I grew up in a negative and critical environment and that is something I do not want to repeat. My boyfriend makes my life easier in ways I never would think of. He makes me laugh, he gives me a hard time just to get a reaction out of me... and notices things about me that I don't even notice about myself (quirks...habits). I can't even think about losing him because the mere thought is too painful...and that scares me. I've never loved someone this much before.

Reactions: HandiAce
1 - 20 of 50 Posts