ISFPs: Gentle Artists
ISTPs: Craftspersons
ESFPs: Performers
ESTPs: Wheeler-Dealers

If You Are Male, Your Best Matches Are:
ISFPs: Gentle Artists
If You Want to Win the Heart of Your Ideal Mate, Do the Following:
For ISFPs:
*Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
*Share activities with ISFPs that revolve around their favorite things: children, the arts, animals, and nature.
*Don't over compliment them--they may take your words as hype or insincerity.
*Give them simple, heartfelt gifts such as homemade cards, fruit baskets, or embroidered pillows.
*Spend a lot of time with them in the outdoors.
For ISTPs:
*Talk less and do more--the more spontaneous you are, the better.
*Join them in their favorite high-thrill hobbies such as jet skiing, kayaking, or parachuting.
*Show appreciation for their hands-on skills as they tinker with a '65 Mustang, practice on a Fender Stratocaster guitar, or bake delicious Homemade brownies.
*Give them plenty of independence and space; allow them to come to you when they are ready.
For ESFPs:
*Realize that life is a party and join them in celebrating it.
*Be fun and positive in everything you do; avoid negative or critical conversation.
*Share in your ESFP's irrepressible sense of humor and joy for life.
*Join them on nighttime frolics to concerts, plays, nightclubs, parties, and anywhere else you're likely to find lots of people, action, and fun.
*Ask your ESFP to help you promote a social event and both of you will have a blast.
For ESTPs:
*Join them on any of their favorite fun activities: dancing, gambling, diving, jet skiing, and so on.
*Don't be overly possessive: they love to flirt and can't stand anyone who doesn't allow them to be social.
*Put your foot down, however, when they are being too flirtatious; they respect a mate who won't let them get away with excessive extra- curricular flirting that may lead to an affair.
*Encourage them to do what they do best: entertain you and make you laugh until you cry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey, is it saying male isfp are only good with other female isfp? if so, no wonder why all my female friends are isfp:confused:I dont avoid anyone, i just seem to attract only them to me somehow. surely there is more types out there for us:sad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
indeed i thought esfp were abit untrustworthy? maybe its different for female isfp. but i could never be with an esfp, alrdy experienced it, went well for the 1st 3 weeks xD u can imagine the rest. but fun people ^^ i'm only friends with them, nothing further.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I read that ESFJ & ENFJ were the best matches for the ISFP, don't know how valid that is, but i think ISFPs could love persons corresponding to many other types. I think people love people, not ISFPs love ESFPs, INTPs love INTJs and so on.
^ People love people.

Reactions: davisk

·
Registered
347 Posts
I read that ESFJ & ENFJ were the best matches for the ISFP, don't know how valid that is, but i think ISFPs could love persons corresponding to many other types. I think people love people, not ISFPs love ESFPs, INTPs love INTJs and so on.
Really? I married an ESFJ. So far the only problem we faced, is I like to keep things, and she likes to throw things away, and she has a hard time understanding why I love art so much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my experience I don't think I'd work with an ESFP either. I also don't think I'd work with any NF.

But I tend to like- ENTP, INTP, ISFP, ISTJ, INTJ. But I'll take anyone if we click. Type isn't a means to an end.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Really? I married an ESFJ. So far the only problem we faced, is I like to keep things, and she likes to throw things away, and she has a hard time understanding why I love art so much.
For some reason I like to keep things too... It's weird, I guess I like keeping them because they remind me of things and I just don't like the thought of throwing them away...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for an ISFP, they are suppose to be my match.!<3

Yeah i read the same thing about thease two types being my match and all im an ENFJ. so My matches are suppose to be ISFP's and INFP's. I have already met an INFP in person, a girl too. We were so in sync. i knew from the very start that she was an ISF something then when she tested i relized why we go talong so well. i EVEn asked her to rent the half of the house above me. We have a tendancy to motivate and inspire one another. I motivated her to get her GED and she motivated me to get back in college.
I WANT TO CHAT WITH A INFP!!!!!
IF there is one of you out there prefeably a girl. i tend to get allong with women better i think because i am so centered on emotion. Anyway if there is one of u out there im looking for you. [email protected] please dont spam my e-mail

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I do agree that you don't love according to types :mellow: but the point of this jung myer typology is providing a psychological framework(evn they have said that 2 healthy individuals of any type can be together)....these just let you know with which kind of people you are to be compatible with the most...doesn't say u have to!
i read that ISFPs are best compatible with ESFJ or ENTJ....i used to be an ESFP and became an ISFP after the brkup and then ISTP for a short time and am an ISFP now!!!!!:proud: I think ISFPs go well with almost all types(i'v friends of almost all types)and it takes a lot of hard work to make relationships work since not everyone understands how ISFPs think and see everything.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The only ISFP I know likes to keep things too. Is it hard for ISFP to throw things away? He has tons of old staff in his past in a storage that he never use. :confused:
I know it's hard for me to throw things away

I do agree that you don't love according to types :mellow: but the point of this jung myer typology is providing a psychological framework(evn they have said that 2 healthy individuals of any type can be together)....these just let you know with which kind of people you are to be compatible with the most...doesn't say u have to!
i read that ISFPs are best compatible with ESFJ or ENTJ....i used to be an ESFP and became an ISFP after the brkup and then ISTP for a short time and am an ISFP now!!!!!:proud: I think ISFPs go well with almost all types(i'v friends of almost all types)and it takes a lot of hard work to make relationships work since not everyone understands how ISFPs think and see everything.
True.
I found out that I sit in the middle of ISFP and ESFP, I'm just a little more ISFP than ESFP though XD
My cousin told me that ISFPs go well with all the other types too, they're the most liked according to him and I thought that was pretty cool :proud:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I love ISFPs...two in particular, my husband and my son. :wink:
I am an ENTJ, the exact opposite. Can someone tell me what that is called, when literal opposites attract and make up for each other's deficiencies? A friend and I have been agonizing over the term for a week or more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my experience I don't think I'd work with an ESFP either. I also don't think I'd work with any NF.
I completely agree with both parts. I dated an ESFP, thought he was the most perfect partner ever, wanted to be with him forever, and realized after the break-up that he wasn't really looking for a serious relationship. I also dated an ENFP, and I couldn't handle his NF-ness. Too reflective and overanalyzing for me. I could barely understand what he was saying.

Maybe it was the P part of the ESFP that made our relationship fail. I think I would do well with an ESFJ, but I have yet to meet a gay one. I think I'd need an extrovert because I tend to be insecure about how much I am liked.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I completely agree with both parts. I dated an ESFP, thought he was the most perfect partner ever, wanted to be with him forever, and realized after the break-up that he wasn't really looking for a serious relationship. I also dated an ENFP, and I couldn't handle his NF-ness. Too reflective and overanalyzing for me. I could barely understand what he was saying.

Maybe it was the P part of the ESFP that made our relationship fail. I think I would do well with an ESFJ, but I have yet to meet a gay one. I think I'd need an extrovert because I tend to be insecure about how much I am liked.
I think most introverts find extroverts to balance each other out, I know I'm more attracted to extroverts because they can keep conversations and things going better than introverts can.

Reactions: Sovia

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Three ISFP females matched up with ESFJ males ideally (ideal match on the Perseus System), on New Years Eve, and one ISFP female not so ideally matched with an ENTJ. I was left out and I was not about to interfere, even when invited. ISFP is the worst match for the INTP and this was blatantly obvious.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts

I think types is a very good guide and when Keoirsey says the rational is best matched with the Idealist, this is a good tip.

However, I have found (with limited experience) that one partner is going to be a Feeler relative to the other and both may be Thinkers, but one greater Thinker (lesser Feeler) relative to the Other.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts