Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this E-book based on the MBTI about Love and this is what it said about INTPs. Makes me feel Forever Alone already ha.

What kind of long-term relationship can you expect with a Scholar?
Scholars can offer an intellectual thirst, an optimistic vision of the
future, and an easygoing, flexible presence in a committed relation-
ship.
On the other hand, being involved in a long-term relationship
with a Scholar poses definite challenges. Here are important research
findings that attest to this:
• Female Scholars are the least happily married women among
the sixteen LoveTypes.
• Women who marry Scholars, regardless of their own LoveType,
are often unhappy with their marriages.
• Male Scholars, among the sixteen LoveTypes, are the most oblivious (that is, the least aware) of the emotional aspects of their
relationships. Consequently, a male Scholar may think his relationship is going great, while his partner is miserable and wants
out.
• Regardless of gender, Scholars tend to have the shortest marriages.

The trouble seems to stem from the fact that Scholars rely
primarily on their inner vision of what a relationship should be like,
while often ignoring the realities of the situation (hence the high
degree of obliviousness among male Scholars).
To compound the problem, a substantial number of Scholars are
not in tune with their Feeling side and are not aware of the emotional
needs of their partners. Also, because of their Introverted nature,
Scholars may not be attuned to social graces and can make blunders
that embarrass, and even humiliate, their more socially aware part-
ners.

Now for the good news: Scholars can become adaptable and
quality mates as long as they work to overcome their areas of
weakness, and focus on using their personality strengths—their
powerful imagination and flexible nature—to enhance their relation-
ships. When they do this, Scholars can enjoy successful, growth-
filled relationships and marriages that last a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also,

As a Scholar, you have no patience for intellectual fools. Your soul
mate must be witty, intelligent, and able to keep up with your ex-
cited, accelerated profusion of ideas, plans, and analysis. Looks
count, but a person’s brain power is a crucial consideration when
you are selecting a life partner.
Although you may allow your emotions to get out of control for
a short while when you first fall for someone, you are quickly able
to shift gears and start thinking logically again. You are able to move
rapidly from asking, “How do I love thee, let me count the ways”
at the start of the relationship, to “In what ways does this person
meet my criteria, my logical blueprint for what my ideal mate should
be like?” No matter how nice or attractive a potential mate may be,
he or she must satisfy your logical requirements before you consider
giving away your heart.
10char

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better be Forever Alone than Forever Dumb.

That said ... :crying:
Actually, I am more INFP when it comes to dating and I am not so detached as the book says. Most of my relationships, my girlfriends were happy with it and it was me who wrecked things. This was before I discovered MBTI and I hope I work things out this time. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Actually, I am more INFP when it comes to dating and I am not so detached as the book says. Most of my relationships, my girlfriends were happy with it and it was me who wrecked things. This was before I discovered MBTI and I hope I work things out this time. :)
I think that might be due to you being sx variant of enneagram? I think I'd be similar ... because if I'd be with sommeone, I'd want them to know me almost as well as I know myself and to know them almost as well as they know themselves ...

But what do I know ? <Forever Alone> :(

Oh and good luck with your present endeavors, hope you succeed ... if you do there is hope for me. :D

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that might be due to you being sx variant of enneagram? I think I'd be similar ... because if I'd be with sommeone, I'd want them to know me almost as well as I know myself and to know them almost as well as they know themselves ...

Oh and good luck with your present endeavors, hope you succeed ... if you do there is hope for me. :D
I don't remember my variants too well but I always scored the highest in Type 5 followed closely by Type 9. If there was a 5w9, I would be that.

Don't worry, man. You'll find someone, don't go looking for them. It never works out like that. Keep an eye out for INFJs though. ENFPs like us too! NFs for the win.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't remember my variants too well but I always scored the highest in Type 5 followed closely by Type 9. If there was a 5w9, I would be that.

Don't worry, man. You'll find someone, don't go looking for them. It never works out like that. Keep an eye out for INFJs though. ENFPs like us too! NFs for the win.
Ah INFJs, my life's full of them ... my mother's one, my eldest sister's one, two of my 8 <limited edition> friends are one and to top it off my <disconnected> best friend is an ENFP.

I don't think INFJs are gonna be interesting enough for me ... ENTPs on the other hand ... :blushed:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah INFJs, my life's full of them ... my mother's one, my eldest sister's one, two of my 8 <limited edition> friends are one and to top it off my <disconnected> best friend is an ENFP.

I don't think INFJs are gonna be interesting enough for me ... ENTPs on the other hand ... :blushed:
I am not an expert but I don't think NTs dating each other would be a good idea!

...and INFJs not interesting? o_O Hmm, that's new.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am not an expert but I don't think NTs dating each other would be a good idea!

...and INFJs not interesting? o_O Hmm, that's new.
I'm just saying already a lot of INFJs in my life ... so no that >new< interest anymore.

And I sure hope you're wrong !! ... though the person I have in mind is probably EXTP.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I'm just saying already a lot of INFJs in my life ... so no that >new< interest anymore.
Well there is that idea that we are attracted to people like our opposite sex parent ;)

And I sure hope you're wrong !! ... though the person I have in mind is probably EXTP.
it could work. I have a successful relationship with an NT woman. I'm not big on INFJs either

·
Registered
729 Posts

I think that would give us all hope... I've been the one to screw up relationships in the past... or otherwise over-rationalize the situation to the point where I'm just like 'you're not worth the risk'. But I've always just given the reason that 'I got bored' ... which I did.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, just another brick in the wall. .

Chances of finding a fulfilling life partner seem to have shrunk again. Where are all those INFJ/INTJ/INFP women that could possibly put up with us INTP's???

1 - 20 of 83 Posts