Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find it difficult to tolerate people who seem to lack honor in philosophy and/or actions?

For example, if I realize someone frequently says one thing/makes a commitment and then their actions are inconsistent with that, I will simply stop being around that person, and if they confront me, I will be completely cold and blunt in explaining why.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
Nobody has ever confronted me about something like that. The few times I have been confronted by people I have lost most of my speaking ability. I generally don't worry about people who lack "honor". I'm more concerned about people who are arrogant and pushy.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Yup, I think it is more an Fi thing than a 9 thing.

Reactions: Tucken

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Naw, I don't do it at all, and I'm brimming with Fi.
Actually your signature suggests that you are only 53% Fi, your judging function (Fi) and Introverted functions (Si, Fi) are really low as well, which means that your Ne and Te are more than your Fi :p

Being an ENFP would just automatically rule out most prejudices that the Fi would impose, in my opinion. I think the Ne just overrides it all. Like

Ne: *wow interesting!*

Fi: *this is wrong*

Ne: *shutup, it's fun!*

:crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
150 Posts
This kind of thing always amazes me!

Do you find it difficult to tolerate people who seem to lack honor in philosophy and/or actions?

For example, if I realize someone frequently says one thing/makes a commitment and then their actions are inconsistent with that, I will simply stop being around that person, and if they confront me, I will be completely cold and blunt in explaining why.
Yep, I kinda typed as a 9w1. I'm fairly sure about the 9 however, the 1 wing i'm still thinking about. I kinda do have a problem with people that lack honor, more so in actions then in philosophy. If you really want to see me pull out the big red marker and start Xing people out of my life that will do it.

However now i'm at a point in my life where I am beginning to think about how things relate to each other. I have a code yes, but can I hold everyone else accountable to my code? Everybody is the same yet different, values and ideas can shift depending on where you are in life, the Tao says what is a good man but a bad mans teacher and what is a bad man but a good mans student. My way of doing or thinking about things has the same characteristics as some people, but may be completely different when applied.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Actually your signature suggests that you are only 53% Fi, your judging function (Fi) and Introverted functions (Si, Fi) are really low as well, which means that your Ne and Te are more than your Fi :p

Being an ENFP would just automatically rule out most prejudices that the Fi would impose, in my opinion. I think the Ne just overrides it all. Like

Ne: *wow interesting!*

Fi: *this is wrong*

Ne: *shutup, it's fun!*

:crazy::crazy:
I'm at a point where I don't even consider doing wrong things. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
That sounds more like the 6 fixation. 6w5's are especially quick to notice inconsistencies in what people say and/or do. Your avoidance of this issue until confronted may indicate a 9 (likely w1) gut fix. Core 9's have a more difficult time recognizing that something is not acceptable to them.

Once you notice the inconsistency, how you would describe your cognition? What are you trying to avoid? What do you think will happen? What's your aim in how you effect the other person with your explanation?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds more like the 6 fixation. 6w5's are especially quick to notice inconsistencies in what people say and/or do. Your avoidance of this issue until confronted may indicate a 9 (likely w1) gut fix. Core 9's have a more difficult time recognizing that something is not acceptable to them.

Once you notice the inconsistency, how you would describe your cognition? What are you trying to avoid? What do you think will happen? What's your aim in how you effect the other person with your explanation?
I have noticed that recently I have tendencies which might be associated with 6w5 (though I still identify more with 7w6).

Well, for one thing, yes, I'm usually pretty sure this will inevitably lead to betrayal, which would be a 6ish concern, right? But for another, I can't stand to be around someone who may be causing problems not just with me but also among my other friends or something like that. I try to structure my life in a way that it is pretty peaceful and pick friends who are going to be very solid and help me become a more balanced person and achieve my overarching life goals, and I don't like having anyone even in the outermost rings of acquaintance that seems like a disruptive force.

Also, I just know that people that behave that way are not going anywhere in life that I want to be, so I don't want their influence.

·
Registered
150 Posts
"I try to structure my life in a way that it is pretty peaceful and pick friends who are going to be very solid and help me become a more balanced person and achieve my overarching life goals, and I don't like having anyone even in the outermost rings of acquaintance that seems like a disruptive force."

Yep, i'm in total agreeance with this statement. IMHO everybody could do with having less interaction with .................people that are detrimental to our own personal well being physical/mental/spiritual or otherwise. (I had to think about another way to express myself other then the first words which popped into my mind the moderators might not of liked it very much :happy:)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I relate quite well to your response as well. I'm 6w5, 9w1 gut fixed. You're correct that concern for inconsistencies leading to betrayal is a 6ish concern. That's exactly why 6's scan for inconsistencies.

What is it about the 7w6 description that you relate to?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I relate quite well to your response as well. I'm 6w5, 9w1 gut fixed. You're correct that concern for inconsistencies leading to betrayal is a 6ish concern. That's exactly why 6's scan for inconsistencies.

What is it about the 7w6 description that you relate to?
I'm very outspoken, direct, assertive, and expressive in my communication style (especially compared to other INFPs). I tend to seek socialization sometimes purely out of a need for the stimulation. I'm very Epicurean.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm very outspoken, direct, assertive, and expressive in my communication style (especially compared to other INFPs). I tend to seek socialization sometimes purely out of a need for the stimulation. I'm very Epicurean.
In what ways are you Epicurean? What do yo figure your instinctive variant stacking is?

I hope you don't mind that I'm hijacking your thread.:blushed:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In what ways are you Epicurean? What do yo figure your instinctive variant stacking is?

I hope you don't mind that I'm hijacking your thread.:blushed:
It's fine. :happy: Um, well, I tend to believe in indulging that which makes me happy and feels good, it's sort of one of my morals. For example, I am not morally opposed to drug experimentation (as long as it is practiced in moderation and the choice of company and drug are reasonably wise).

It was sx/so, but I seem to have moved to sp/sx very recently.

Reactions: screamofconscious

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Do you think it possible that your Epicurean tendencies are related more to your self-pres instinct than your thinking center? Personally, I have similar tendencies/beliefs, although I stay away from drugs because moderation in that area is not something I'm very good at.

What you said about being outspoken really sticks out at me as a strike against you being core 9w1. What are you outspoken about? Do you consider yourself opinionated at all?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you think it possible that your Epicurean tendencies are related more to your self-pres instinct than your thinking center? Personally, I have similar tendencies/beliefs, although I stay away from drugs because moderation in that area is not something I'm very good at.

What you said about being outspoken really sticks out at me as a strike against you being core 9w1. What are you outspoken about? Do you consider yourself opinionated at all?
I doubt that because the Epicurean trend in my philosophy/behavior doesn't actually correlate with the sp instinct. The height of my Epicurean behavior was when my sp instinct was almost nonexistent. Now the philosophy is still prevalent, but expressions of the behavior are not continual but really just occasional.

Well, the problems I have with most 9 descriptions are 9 as being unaware of self-identity, apathetic, lazy, etc. On the contrary, I am very aware of who I am (though I can sometimes struggle to describe myself to others because they want a simple description, and an accurate description would have to be complex), I am very opinionated most of the time (and do not hesitant to express my opinion), and very self-driven.

I am especially outspoken on social/mental health issues which have affected me or people close to me, but I pretty much state my position logically and emotionally about any issue, regardless of it's potential controversy. I do try to seem benign, have a sense of humor on things, etc., so my delivery does not seem too threatening, and I guess that works, because I very rarely find that anybody has a problem with me.

I will say that if I don't feel qualified to speak on a subject, I will not. If somebody is talking about 17th century art, I don't know anything about that, so I won't say anything. If someone is talking about nearly any sport, I don't really follow that either, so I'm not likely to say much. I only speak if I think I have a perspective that is informed and worth sharing.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I doubt that because the Epicurean trend in my philosophy/behavior doesn't actually correlate with the sp instinct. The height of my Epicurean behavior was when my sp instinct was almost nonexistent. Now the philosophy is still prevalent, but expressions of the behavior are not continual but really just occasional.
Why don't you correlate the self pres instinct with the height of your Epicurean behavior?

Well, the problems I have with most 9 descriptions are 9 as being unaware of self-identity, apathetic, lazy, etc. On the contrary, I am very aware of who I am (though I can sometimes struggle to describe myself to others because they want a simple description, and an accurate description would have to be complex), I am very opinionated most of the time (and do not hesitant to express my opinion), and very self-driven.
Laziness doesn't necessarily correlate to 9 when referring to the physical sense of the word. Self-forgetting however, is definitive of 9. If you are very aware of yourself and see yourself as a complex individual, t's time to start exploring other types. Please correct me if I'm wrong but your willingness to express your opinions sounds like you have little fear of conflict. Is it the desire for peace that has you relating to 9 or something else?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why don't you correlate the self pres instinct with the height of your Epicurean behavior?

Laziness doesn't necessarily correlate to 9 when referring to the physical sense of the word. Self-forgetting however, is definitive of 9. If you are very aware of yourself and see yourself as a complex individual, t's time to start exploring other types. Please correct me if I'm wrong but your willingness to express your opinions sounds like you have little fear of conflict. Is it the desire for peace that has you relating to 9 or something else?
When I am more concerned with my own basic safety and security needs, I withdraw, I take fewer risks, I don't engage in much of anything, and therefore I don't engage in much Epicurean behavior. I only engage in stimulation and Epicurean behavior when I already feel those basic security and safety needs are satisfied.

I strongly dislike conflict and it makes me uncomfortable, and I do fear it to some extent, but I assert my opinion anyway, because I prioritize portraying myself as accurately and honestly as I can and especially speaking out when the issues concerns the well-being of others over avoiding my own personal discomfort.

It is the way that I generally organize my life to maximize on peace, harmony, balance, etc. that I relate most to 9.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts