Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to be very cold very often. Like right now, in my room it's probably 69 degrees (ah, innuendoes), and my hands are freezing as well as my arms. Just wondering if we either just like to be warm, so when it's regular we feel cold, or if we have poor blood circulation cause by lack of movement.

Of course, this could be view philosophically like "our body is trying to compensate what we lack:wamth", but I don't feel like going there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not a fan of either extreme in temperature. I'm becoming increasingly sick of these northeast winters, though, and am starting to prefer it to be a little on the warm side. I don't get cold easily, but when I do I have a hard time warming back up. In general my body temperature is low, around 97 F. But that's normal, I think.

I also have a minor case of Raynaud's phenomenon in my feet from a cold injury. Damn frostbite. If my feet get cold, they swell up and get painful.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I tend to run a low body temperature, typically 97. Even when I'm really sick and running a fever it rarely exceeds 100.

I don't see how this is type related.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I tend to find my body temperature higher than average--I run regularly, that's why. Like when I drank a cup of coffee just now, my entire face was sweating (although I refused to take my fleece off due to the usual lazy P tendencies). Hail exercising.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Always suffered from cold feet.

Physically and metaphorically.

Don't really suffer cold easily, though I've noticed as I've got older....or maybe it's just because I moved north.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I tend to be very cold very often. Like right now, in my room it's probably 69 degrees (ah, innuendoes), and my hands are freezing as well as my arms. Just wondering if we either just like to be warm, so when it's regular we feel cold, or if we have poor blood circulation cause by lack of movement.

Of course, this could be view philosophically like "our body is trying to compensate what we lack:wamth", but I don't feel like going there.
I often get cold feet and hands. Then again I'm a smoker (I'm trying to quit, ok?), I'm usually stressed, I don't really exercise, and the circulation in my extremities is poor by nature.
I also have a very narrow window of comfort in terms of temperature, 75-79 F (24-26 C).

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have a low body temperature - I usually measure 96.9-97.5, but I really like the cold and endure it well for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't know about low body temperature, but I seem to have a narrow comfort zone. I quickly feel too warm or too cold if the environment changes. my preference is to "feel cozy"--not warm, necessarily, as I don't like the heat to be turned up high or for the sun to be glaring at me. I like the air to be cool so that I can put on a sweater and drink something hot and thus feel warm and cozy.

I've noticed that sometimes someone will see me all bundled up and conclude that I am cold, so they'll turn up the heat. I hate this! then I get too warm and have to peel off the layers and turn down the heat if I can or open a window if I can't.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know about low body temperature, but I seem to have a narrow comfort zone. I quickly feel too warm or too cold if the environment changes. my preference is to "feel cozy"--not warm, necessarily, as I don't like the heat to be turned up high or for the sun to be glaring at me. I like the air to be cool so that I can put on a sweater and drink something hot and thus feel warm and cozy.
I'm the same way, a really narrow comfort zone. I think it has to do with my lack of body fat. No insulation to keep my external temperature regulated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know what my body temperature is, but in winter I used to get so cold my hands turn purple and then get these fluro orange dots on the back of them. My friends have told me that they look like they're dead. I don't get that as much not, but that probably because I'm only outside when walking from my house to car, to train or to my office. I also have a very warm coat. Oh, and I live in Australia, so it's not a cold place.

That all being said, from what others have said, it doesn't seem to be an INTP thing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's about 16-17 °C in my room atm... I forget to turn on the heating and I don't mind being in a little colder room. My feet are pretty much frozen as well as my arms., but who cares?

Reactions: Espiculeas

·
Registered
532 Posts
Intresting, my house is usually at 69 cold too, I spend most of my time sitting around the computer and browsing or reading so poor blood circulation there. I was born in Ohio during Feb and a blizzard so I am quite used to the cold, it doesn't affect me that much. I usually think a cold room is mild in temp and ignore any feelings of cold. Little body fat too. I absolutly hate it being hot, I prefer a more mild spring breeze sort of weather. In the shade of course.

I sometimes find myself feeling hot when in the cold, my body giving off excess body heat in great quantities, hell my forehead is normally hot even when the AC is on full blast.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My body temp is about a degree higher than normal and I am literally a human furnace. I barely ever get cold and I wear t-shirts all year round. I might put on a sweater in the middle of winter, but I hate being in a warm environment. I pretty much either have a flawed cooling system or a overactive heating system cause I just can't handle being warm. I sleep naked with a 2 cm thick blanket with the window open year round (I live in the mountains of BC, canada and it gets pretty cold up here) but I feel like this is the environment I was made for. I don't think there's much to type-body temp theory.

·
Registered
689 Posts
... Low blood sugar...?

I'm no INTP but my body temp is average, I guess. Year-round, I wear a t-shirt and jeans until it hits about 30 degrees. That's when the hoodie gets busted out.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I prefer it to be hot than cold. Well, in general I just dislike humidity more so than the actual temperature. Where I live the temps are kind of extreme (100's in the summer, well below freezing in the winter, it actually went below zero with wind chill last year :O
) but I will bitch about the cold far sooner than I will about the heat (personally).

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had cold feet a lot when I was little around my parents' smoke all the time though I was probably more stressed then too.

In Jr High I had a morning walk just under two miles during the half of the week when I couldn't get a ride to school ad on one particular morning when I finally put foot inside the building it felt like the blood in my face had started to freeze but then melted.
I handle the cold exceptionally well now and I should probably just buy skis already and become good at going down the slopes around here. Basically I start wearing a coat around a month later than almost everyone else. I can tell it's cold mostly on my face, followed by my arms and chest but I don't really feel cold myself until the point where my ears sting from it.

Unexpected temperature change gets me sometimes but I've just about got to become wet before I will shiver- at least without going into the kinds of cold at higher elevation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts