Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a 14 year old ISTJ female who has experienced lucid dreaming a good 6 to 7 times.
In this forum, I am going to post just a minority of steps that’ll enhance your possibilities of an ever-lasting lucid dream.

A single twitch restarts the entire connection

Try to lay as motionless as you can, but instead of focusing so hard on keeping your body still, focus on what you want to dream about. You want to soar through the starry night sky like Peter Pan? Well then imagine you flying high above the clouds, with the full moon on glance and constellations connecting all around you. Sooner or later, you will be flying across that sky you’ve imagined, OR, you can maintain a clear mind to recall a specific thought or memory of the dream. Whatever way helps your conscious stay awake and makes your body fall asleep is fine.

Practice maintaining a healthy sleeping schedule.

If you sleep on a different hour each night, you are more or likely unable to lucid dream.
If you sleep on a specific hour and get up on a specific hour as well, your mind trains itself to know when it is time to completely shut down and awaken itself.

Keep a dream diary close at reach

I know, this has been said in every lucid dreaming site, but it really does help. Post info, whether a lucid dream or not, of all the current events, characters, and places that occurs/is seen in the dream. This’ll show that you are ready to commit and practice lucid dreaming, and the more you’re shown to be thinking about it, the higher the chances your subconscious will notice this establishment and will eventually reward you. (This can also help with increasing your memory skills, as it practices to retain information given in the dream.

Stay confident and never lose your courage

it took me an entire or month or so to lucid dream, and never did I suspect that it wouldn’t work. After you’ve received your first, it progressively becomes easier to lucid dream. If you start losing the tendency of Lucid dreaming, or start believing it would never work out, guess what? In the end, it WONT work out just because of your low – expectations. So never give up.

What’ll happen when you are a step away:

You will notice that your body will grow numb and that you are paralyzed, but don’t be afraid, this is normal for many lucid dreamers. You’ll also start hearing noises or voices. (Don’t be afraid of that either, noises can’t hurt you.) Now, at this sequence, try not to focus on your paralyzed body, and listen to the voices. If you want your world to revolve around them, then your subconscious will slowly create a visible world itself. If you don’t, then keep grasping on the idea that you want to dream. The world might be black for a bit, but that’s because of your lack of control and constant thinking that the mind isn’t able to generate a specified object. So, during this moment, focus on one thing, and only one thing, and imagine yourself immerging right into it. Sooner or later, the world you’ve created will be vivid, and you should start lucid dreaming.

What you SHOULDN’T do WHILE lucid dreaming:

Don’t overthink.

In one of my dreams I tried to fly as high as I can, but I couldn’t. All I could do was jump super high, because I would focus too much on the minor details rather than the big picture. You have to do things as if it’s completely normal. When you get up to get something, do you think of how precise your footsteps would be while walking towards the object? No, because you already know how to walk, and that is how you should treat everything in a lucid dream. Treat it like you KNOW how to fly, that way you trick yourself into actually doing it. In other words, this is where it is mostly significant to keep your mind off of these small details. And you know what? If you can’t achieve what you’ve been aiming for, then take it step by step. Keep super jumping like I, and you’ll see how you slowly start to glide within each jump. Sooner or later, I promise you, once you’ve gained control over the authority, you will be able to shift around that remarkable lucid dream and do absolutely anything you want.

Don’t close your eyes.

Closing my eyes would teleport me into another world in the dream, or it would wake me up. And I know you don’t want to wake up from a lucid dream, so avoid closing your eyes at all costs unless you want to awaken (Warning, you also might experience a false – awakening)

Most important: Don’t be afraid.

Looking at a mirror can lead you to a possible nightmare, as you might see a demonic figure standing behind you off the reflection. Turning a light off and turning it back on can lead to a possible nightmare, as a creature may appear the second the light returns. Revealing your vulnerability or losing your confidence will reveal some of your creations true forms, and they’ll try to over-power you just so they can retrieve those powers. If all else fails, don’t give in with fear shown on your face, as it’ll prevent the chances of a controllable lucid dream. Remember these are YOUR creations, you may not be able to control THEM, but you can sure as heck wipe them out of existence if they misbehave.

Extras: What to do in a lucid dream.

Ask significant questions towards your creations to receive a symbol that represents an event going on in your life, and represents how you should react towards it.

Significant questions: What is the meaning of life, what is your purpose in this dream, what should I do to fix the daily problems I receive.

By then, they’ll give you a proper response. And trust me, these dreams are intelligent, and give you trust-able info, so don’t worry.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Below: Ask me anything you need to know about lucid dreaming.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Dream Lovemaking

Ever had a relationship in a dream?

Short excerpts:
I was really believing that she was a dream character and that I could do anything I wanted with her for the next few hours. I was also committed to going with the flow of inspiration and not getting stuck in my head. However, since this was a new type of experience for me, I began feeling a bit overexcited shortly after she arrived. I shared that with her openly.I never felt like I had to hide my true feelings from her because she is me, so at all times I had no qualms about being totally open and transparent. When it felt right to me, I would update her on what I was thinking and feeling in the moment. If I felt excited, I told her. If I felt happy and blissful, I’d tell her. If I enjoyed touching her, I shared that as well. Subjectively you could say that I wanted to verbalize my own feelings, so I could gain more clarity on what I was experiencing.
In those moments I realized how much I was enjoying making her feel good, and yet I was still being completely selfish. I was doing what I most wanted to do in the moment.

The lucid dream is simply a manifestation of yourself so there really are no boundaries. You and the other person are already one.

Looks like an interesting way to learn to love yourself. Or overcome interpersonal difficulties with others...anxiety over intimacy.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I found looking in the mirror during my dreams just helped me realized it was a dream. It was like "Ok, now I'm looking in the mirror and all my teeth are falling out, cool, I'm dreaming."

Writing a L on your left hand works too. Anytime anything happens that even remotely makes you think, am I dreaming? Look at your hand. When you are in your dream, you will probably look at your hand as a result. It may take up to maybe 2 weeks to really work though.

I would also suggest doing the same with pinching yourself.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, the second paragraph sounds like an amazing idea. I've done something similar, in the sense that I pressed my finger on my hand and it just slowly went right through it, as if it were made of jello, hahaha. And with that, I was aware that I was dreaming. :proud: And yeah, you're right, the mirror can be a use of figuring out if you are dreaming or not, but the sequence you've described would freak some people who wouldn't be expecting such an event to occur, creating the chaotic state in mind and forming the nightmare. But hey, if it works out for you, it's perfectly fine then. I guess some people are just different when it comes to comparing their state of realization over others.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Hmm, the second paragraph sounds like an amazing idea. I've done something similar, in the sense that I pressed my finger on my hand and it just slowly went right through it, as if it were made of jello, hahaha. And with that, I was aware that I was dreaming. :proud: And yeah, you're right, the mirror can be a use of figuring out if you are dreaming or not, but the sequence you've described would freak some people who wouldn't be expecting such an event to occur, creating the chaotic state in mind and forming the nightmare. But hey, if it works out for you, it's perfectly fine then. I guess some people are just different when it comes to comparing their state of realization over others.
Yeah, mirrors can freak people out. I don't mind it though. It takes time to get comfortable in dream world. Once you do though, the things that used to be nightmares stop bothering you. If all my teeth fall out, well then they'll just have to fall right back in so I can go on about things.
Extras: What to do in a lucid dream.

Ask significant questions towards your creations to receive a symbol that represents an event going on in your life, and represents how you should react towards it.

Significant questions: What is the meaning of life, what is your purpose in this dream, what should I do to fix the daily problems I receive.

By then, they’ll give you a proper response. And trust me, these dreams are intelligent, and give you trust-able info, so don’t worry.
There is also music usually playing in our dreams. Listen for it.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,567 Posts
l wish l could still do this, l did it frequently as a kid thinking that it was something l created, had never heard of lucid dreaming. lt was really easy for me to do and almost like clockwork.

Seems like a lot of Ni doms are drawn to it. l could Si taking an interest too.

l don't think my brain will ever go this place again and it makes me sad. Then there's the question of if l would even remember a lucid dream, should l have one to which l think the answer is no lol.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
l wish l could still do this, l did it frequently as a kid thinking that it was something l created, had never heard of lucid dreaming. lt was really easy for me to do and almost like clockwork.

Seems like a lot of Ni doms are drawn to it. l could Si taking an interest too.

l don't think my brain will ever go this place again and it makes me sad. Then there's the question of if l would even remember a lucid dream, should l have one to which l think the answer is no lol.
:shocked: You were able to lucid dream frequently as a kid? Wow! It also sounded like you've never had to even try or work hard, it just came by and occasionally occurred out of will and luck, I envy that... :tongue: Hmm, about the inability to lucid dreaming, It may seem as if you won't be able to ever return into a world that you are so used to consistently immerse within your childhood, but really, If you've been able to lucid dream more than once, you can more or likely do so again. Sure, it won't be the same as before, where you were able to freely join whenever you pleased, but because things are different, it doesn't mean that it'll be gone forever, because in reality, it's still there, that ability to lucid dream, and it always has been, now you just have to find your way towards the world once more.

When I received my first lucid dream, I was astonished. Neither I knew there was a name for it, and I thought I had some special power that allowed me to just control my dreams whenever I wanted, until of course I searched the web for the phenomenal occurrence, then I realized, heck, anyone can lucid dream. When I received my second lucid dream, it took an entire month. And then, believe it or not, the next lucid dream occurred within the next 4 to 6 months. That's right, I'd try every night, lay on my bed motionless and fully conscious waiting to lucid dream, (and most nights nearing at the end, I didn't really bother trying much) but hey, it worked, and after that, It took me 2 to 3 weeks to lucid dream the next multiple. What I'm trying to say is, it'll occur eventually, and sadly, when you least expect it.

About the memory sequence: I think we can remember a lucid dream better than a normal dream because of the fact that really, you are half awake, so... your conscious is processing every minute of the dream, and bringing in new info and treating it as if they're memories that are just occurring in real life. But I cannot promise we'd be able to remember every detail of our lucid dream. And not because it's a lucid dream, heck, do we even remember every precise detail of what we've done and thought of a week ago?

If you do lucid dream once more (which I believe you more or likely will), I'd like for you to tell me , heck, I'm interested in what your lucid dreams were during your childhood. If you'd care to share, I'm always here to listen :happy:, Good luck!

·
Banned
274 Posts
TLDR

They dream journal is the only thing you mentioned that I know works for everyone. Everything else just seems like emotional support.

I lucid dream by realizing everything around me is totally out of wack. Be realistic. There are no curling irons the size of pic-nick tables anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts