Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first dream I woke up in was taking place in a bar in Mexico. These guys were fighting and trashing the place, but it was really weird. Their faces and arms kept stretching and distorting, like in a funhouse mirror, and I knew something wasn't right. Then I realized it must be a dream.

I walked outside and looked around, beautiful buildings all around me, very detailed and colourful. I shot lightning out of my hands and destroyed a few cars. Then I flew around and felt the breeze, checked out different scenes, and eventually lost my awareness and went back to dreaming. But I remembered it when I woke up, and I have been obsessed with lucid dreaming ever since.

Any other oneironauts in here?

What do you like to do in your dreams?

What was the first one you 'woke up' in?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'll sometimes have dreams like that... but it's not too common for me. The last one I remembered someone I was very close to died and the way they died I realized couldn't be true and I figured this must be a dream.... Don't really remember what I did after but was just really glad it was just a dream and woke up shortly after, I never really had one where I was able to explore around for awhile, I'll usually wake up a couple minutes later and the dream will slowly fade.

The first time I woke up in a dream was when I was a lot younger I don't remember much at all except the longest one I was in some kind of jungle, flying around. I've been wanting to keep a dream journal to make it happen more often but like with everything I do I can never keep up with it and I'm always too lazy to actually continue it after a few days.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm super envious of people who not only have vivid and lucid dreams often, but actually can actually...you know... remember them.

Most of my dreams are variations of real life. I can't ever think of a time where I've thought while dreaming "I must be dreaming" but instead have actually brought up stuff that has happened in my dreams in conversation with friends - only to receive looks suggesting "he's gone mad" I do also dream about the book I've been *trying* to write for the last century and a half. Many of my good ideas have come from dreams - and I tend to remember these better than most dreams.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have multiple dreams every night and can remember them. Even if I have a 30 minute nap I have a dream I can remember. I've been trying to lucid dream, trying to realize I'm dreaming when I am. The easiest way is if in a dream I have my old cell phone (that I don't have anymore), then I know it's a dream. For the past few weeks I've been realizing I'm dreaming, but not really knowing what to do to control my dream. but for the first time a few nights ago I lucid dreamt. It was strange walking away from my dream and all that was going on and the people talking to me... I was a little worried to at first... I didn't know what would happen or how it would happen or if I could control my dream.I flew... like a baby bird trying to learn how to fly... slowly lifting off the ground. I didn't get very far or very high but... I'm learning.

One thing I'm going now is asking myself during the day 'Am I dreaming?' so if I get in the habit I might get in the habit during my dreams too.

Recently... I've had 6 dreams about one of my friends. 1 was random, 2 were suggestive, and the other 3 he died in or was seriously injured and it was all my fault. They're quite... unnerving. Especially the ones he got hurt in and died in. The first bad dream about him dying was actually a full out nightmare. When I woke up I thought I was going to throw up. He was crushed between two walls, I could hear his bones breaking and guts oozing and later his mangled corpse rotting.
:crying:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lucid dreaming is amazing because as soon as you walk away from the current dream you're having, anything you want, anything as long as you can imagine it, pops up before you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've been having semi-lucid dreams since I was about 9, I think. Before that point in my life, most of my dreams were awful nightmares and I was rarely well-rested, so I think I've earned my bit of control :crazy:

I'm at least aware I'm dreaming on some level in almost every dream I have. If anything bad happens (say, I'm being shot at by snipers) I can will it away (so the bullets go through me). Completely lucid dreams are a bit more rare, and I usually go back to dreaming after having fun for a while, like you.

My favorite thing to do in a lucid dream is fly. Flying works kind of funny in my dreams regardless of if I'm lucid or not, I basically clench my fists and focus my energy really hard (often my legs are crossed like I'm meditating or something), and I shoot up into the air. Sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to sustain and is very difficult to do, but it's really fun to fly really far over everyone in my dream and watch their disbelief :laughing: I've also managed to change locations of dreams a few times, but I always seem to think of big cities I've never been to... one of these days I have to remember nature is a way better idea!

I haven't had so many flying dreams, or totally lucid dreams lately, I should probably get back into my practice of dream journaling and trying to trigger the lucid state. I have really good dream recall, which is probably why I have any lucidity at all these days, but that just isn't enough!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Like Windswept Sky, I have a little control in bad dreams. instead of getting hurt or things ending badly, I have just enough control over the dream to where I barely escape by the skin of my teeth. This leaves the thing chasing me throughout the extent of my dream, so it remains scary, but nothing bad happens to me. Usually I will myself to fly, but I have troubles accomplishing this. I either end up flying low to the ground or having a really hard time getting off the ground in the first place. I also can make myself turn invisible, but again, this is hard for me to do.
As far as good dreams, I seem to have better power over what happens, when I do become aware that I'm dreaming. I usually end up getting the guy to fall for me, marrying him, and living happily ever after. Or in sexier dreams I can prolong the action..:blushed: lol

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, do you fly low to the ground because you're scared of heights like meteor man? Flying is definitely the best, I suggest making yourself light first, floating, and then rocket boosting yourself. With practice you can fly all over the place, best feeling ever.

I usually wake up in a dream when something crazy and impossible is happening, or when I get stuck. Like almost falling off a cliff and grabbing on at the last second, then every time I try to pull myself up, more of the cliff falls away under my hands. Or climbing down stairs from a high porch but the stairs are upside down so I am holding on trying not to fall and unable to get down. I'll eventually start thinking about how to figure it out, and then I realize it's crazy and just fly away.

I suggest looking at your hand to see if you're dreaming. It is always morphing and changing and it's immediately obvious that something is wrong. Also, the more you journal and can recall the more chance you have of remembering them. Right now I have a tough time remembering most, but still get the very last dream I had before I wake up.

Gloosle, I want to read your book, especially if you're getting ideas for it from your dreams. What's it about? I have for sure asked friends about that crazy party last night, without even realizing it's wednesday, and they're like, "what are you talking about, we didn't go to any party, I didn't get a DUI?!"

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
For as long as I can remember, I've had some control over my dreams, even if it's only enough to hit "reset" and make different choices or see something played out from a different POV. Sometimes I do this enough to where I actually wake myself up in real life and then fight to go back to sleep to continue that dream. I think I must end up in a hypnotic state because I'm aware of what's going on around me, but I'm still pretty much stuck in my dreamland. It's kinda cool. That is until I have to get up, in which case it is near impossible to get me out of my head and to do things like shower or get ready for work, at least not in anything resembling a timely manner.

As for actual lucid dreams, I don't have them very often, but when I do, it's amazing. My favorite was when I started running and running until I just started to fly. I flew so high I ended up flying into the ocean (because apparently in my dreamworld the sky is blue because that's where the ocean is.) and then swam through all these amazing underwater labyrinths and cities and caves... it was a lot of fun. Hmm... I should start working on that lucid dreaming thing again. That was a lot of fun.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I've only had one once, as far as I can remember, but it was so fun and beautiful...bAHH! I could fly! So much fun.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had 3 in my life. 2 of the 3 times, I had them after falling back asleep and wanting to go back into the same dream.

And all 3 times, sex has been the end result.

I think it's a fascinating subject. I watched some Aussie's experiment on youtube on trying to be able to lucid dream with every nap or night's sleep, but I never got to the point where they became consistent.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh God, I've had some insane Lucid Dreams, I've had many many dreams, and I remember almost all of them....

Anyone into Astral Projection here? We should try it and meet in the Astral Plane, and then, we should totally like... :O FIGHT A DRAGON!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have lucid dreamt since I was in grade school. At first it was the occasional flicker of awareness that would make the whole dream come to life and become more interesting. Lucid and vivid experiences like these were a major catalyst to me becoming very interested in dreaming from a young age.

When I was about 18, my lucid dreams began to catapult into astronomical quantity...and quality. Eventually I was having them almost every night, usually in the early morning hours, and the control of my dreams grew to where I could perform most actions and mold the landscape however I wished. However, I often struggled to manifest people I hoped to see, or perform actions that correspond to freedom or power. The ability to fly was an on/off thing.

My most common lucid induction was either through sudden mid-dream lucidity via reality checks or through wake-to-sleep induction in the early morning hours. The latter induction method became my favorite, and also the most peculiar method, because of the strange phenomena it produced. For example, I would wake up in the middle of the night only to the point where I could detect I was awake, and then I would relax and think about dream consciousness opening up around me. At this point I would feel massive vibrations all through my body that would then produce the incredible illusion of vibrating off my bed and across the floor whilst my vision would be flickering with rotating geometrical forms, and then when I was satisfied that I was well enough into my dream body I would "open my eyes" and stand up into the dream. Occasionally this whole series would be bypassed and the visual production of a dream would enter my vision.

Last night I had a lucid dream, actually. I haven't been focusing on having them lately, though I should. I woke up last night and started saying in my mind, "I will have a lucid dream when I fall back to sleep. I will become aware of the dream and recognize it." The most important part was I believed it. So after who knows how long a moment appeared when I knew I was dreaming and instantly I started floating upwards and this tree appeared in my vision and in my mind I knew this was "my tree", apparently in that it physically portrayed myself or my ideals. It glowed and had long willow leaves, but short branches. I floated by it and told myself, "Relax, let the dream develop, don't force it" It lasted only 20 seconds but was very enjoyable because I wasn't frenetic - I just enjoyed it.

I think I'll start implementing more lucid training method again. I'd like to recapture that late teenage ability I once had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tend to have them quite often. Not every time but often enough.
In fact once a lucid dream helped me stop having a certain recurring nightmare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love to fly in my dreams. I've discovered that if i realized i'm dreaming while i'm asleep, i can do whatever i want in my dreams.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm super envious of people who not only have vivid and lucid dreams often, but actually can actually...you know... remember them.

Most of my dreams are variations of real life. I can't ever think of a time where I've thought while dreaming "I must be dreaming" but instead have actually brought up stuff that has happened in my dreams in conversation with friends - only to receive looks suggesting "he's gone mad" I do also dream about the book I've been *trying* to write for the last century and a half. Many of my good ideas have come from dreams - and I tend to remember these better than most dreams.
To be able to remember your dreams, you have to start writing down any details that you can remember in a dream journal. It might take a week or so until you start to remember a lot of the dream. People have around 4 dreams a night, but can barely remember one of those dreams. After writing in your journal for about a month, you should be able to remember more than one dream that you had that night. You might even be able to start lucid dreaming. If you really want to lucid dream, you can take steps to do so that speed up the process. But you need to remember your dreams first.
I have a dream journal, but i could always remember my dreams. I was always interested in them. I love to dream, i can do anything, create anyhting. It's amamzing. I don't write anymore, but I still remember my dreams. I only remember them because i can't help but think about the dreams that i had in my last night a frequently throughout the day.

My dreams are usually stories. When i have more lucid dreams, i'm usually flying. Last night, in my dream, I was appreciative of a teacher old in age. I went to hug him, but he was so fragile, his bones broke. He said that he was fine, but he was shouting in pain. He turned really small like a plastic toy and my friend threw him across the school yard. I Yelled at her for doing so, then went to get the toy teacher. When i picked him up, he was edible. I wasn't suppose to eat him, but i did anyway. I tore away a layer of him and his insides were cheesecake filling. He tasted greate!
My favorite thing about lucid dreaming is that if i'm having a bad dream, I instantly become lucid and either wake myself out right before something horrible is about to happen, or I change the dream to something more pleasant. Though the night before last, my nightmare followed me to real life and I thought my brother was trying to wake me up in the dark. He was shaking the bed vigorously and threw something at me, shouting wake up! I thought he was actually there and I tried to kick him away. I missed and he ran out of the room like a shadow. Though my brother was away that night. It kind of freaked me out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a lucid dream once where this girl I knew and her friend did some very fascinating things to me with their mouths. It's amusing to think about.

I've had some others. It doesn't happen often, but it's interesting when it does.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think I semi-lucid dream. I tend t o remember them best when I suddenly sleep more/less than I usually do or sleep somewhere new. Often I KNOW I'm dreaming, but every single time I've just let the dream continue because I rarely have nightmares. Often they're more action-adventure things than anything else, so in my dreams I'm like this Indianna Jones girl running amock with my characters and/or friends and causing shenanigans. I've never actually said to myself 'I know I'm dreaming, so let's do some lucid stuff!' I always seem to forget to when I'm asleep.
It's cliche, but when I DO lucid dream I am going to freaking fly and have windy powers. Do the windy thing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts