Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Have you ever had one?
A few times.

How it was?
Nothing too spectacular. I mean, you are in your own head. I already know what's in my own head.

How often do you have them?
Maybe an average of once every 2 months.

What do you usually do in them?
Usually some telekinesis shit. Maybe fly around. Grab some boobs with no consequences.

I never really got the lucid dream craze. Sure, it can be fun once in a while, go on a small adventure, but it's not really something that I strive for.
I have a friend who used to lucid dream a lot(or so she claims). She was always talking about how she would go in search of mentors and spiritual guidance, and I was just thinking, "What are you going to learn? You can't find new answers in your own head." Maybe it's good for learning about yourself? idk

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe an average of once every 2 months.
I wish I would lucid dream this often, last time I've had an lucid dream was half year ago. When I was a kid, I would have lucid dreams almost at a daily base. Although I know there are some techniques to have lucid dreams more often, I'm lacking the will to practice them right now.

Usually some telekinesis shit. Maybe fly around. Grab some boobs with no consequences.
Haha, same.

I have a friend who used to lucid dream a lot(or so she claims). She was always talking about how she would go in search of mentors and spiritual guidance, and I was just thinking, "What are you going to learn? You can't find new answers in your own head." Maybe it's good for learning about yourself? idk
Indeed, I've never learned "new things" when searching for something in one of my lucid dreams, although I did became more aware of some part of my subconscious (or at least I think so, it was strange).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you ever had one? How it was? How often do you have them? What do you usually do in them? I'm just curious.
I have long dramatic dreams. Almost every night (early morning )
My INTP tells me he doesn't dream at all

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I LOVE DREAMS. I love dreams so much. I used to sleep on purpose just to dream. I can't remember my last true lucid dream, I have had them recently, though, just can't remember... A lot of my lucid dreams were just doing daily tasks, though. Nothing too interesting and different, if I recall correctly. Once I am reminded about my dreams, it's like I remember all of it, every detail. I'll just be talking or sitting outside/walking and suddenly I'll remember entire groups of dreams, and how they really all were connected. It's beautiful. :')

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I LOVE DREAMS. I love dreams so much. I used to sleep on purpose just to dream. I can't remember my last true lucid dream, I have had them recently, though, just can't remember... A lot of my lucid dreams were just doing daily tasks, though. Nothing too interesting and different, if I recall correctly. Once I am reminded about my dreams, it's like I remember all of it, every detail. I'll just be talking or sitting outside/walking and suddenly I'll remember entire groups of dreams, and how they really all were connected. It's beautiful. :')
A lot of my dreams are work. It's annoying. lol.

"I hate dreaming. Because when you sleep, you wanna sleep. Dreaming is work, you know - there I am in a comfortable bed, the next thing you know I have to build a go-kart with my ex-landlord. I want a dream of me watching myself sleep."

-Mitch Hedberg

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Yes, we all dream, each time we have a sleep cycle, and what we mean by "I don't dream" is that we don't remember them.

I haven't remembered a dream for maybe a decade, now. I don't mind it, because it means I don't have nightmares either.

As for lucid dreams, well, I would first need to remember my dreams to have them so, no I don't. I can only suppose it would be an interesting experience but it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My dreams are too real. I can never tell I'm dreaming till I wake up in a pool of my own sweat shouting Oh Nooooooooooes!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I've never had a fully lucid dream, but I've wanted to ever since I learned about it. I have had times where I got control over the dream I was currently in, but it was always limited. The few times I was actually aware that I was dreaming I had already woken up to the point where the dream was no longer vivid, more like a good daydream.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've kind of tried to have one but I never could, the closest I've been was this one time where I dreamt that I had to go through this really creepy horror movie type hall. I went ''Wait, this is a dream right? WAKE THE HELL UP'', while I crouched in the nearest corner. Suprisingly it worked, after a minute of processing the situation I regreted waking up instead of trying to manipulate the dream
Sad times

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have you ever had one? How it was? How often do you have them? What do you usually do in them? I'm just curious.
Almost. I normally only remember a dream every year or two, but for a couple of weeks this year my roommate was waking up an moving around for a couple of hours before I did... and in my attempts to get back to sleep I had lucid dreams. Wasn't creative enough to really do anything impossible at that ungodly hour, just had hypothetical conversations with people that I knew I was going to have to talk to later, and relived memories, changing a few things here and there.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've recently had more lucid dreams, but I'm not always fully sure if I'm dreaming of having a lucid dream or if I'm truly having one :dry: I can't control my dreams completely, but at least I realize I'm dreaming and can do cool stuff such as fly or have sex with Harrison Ford (when he was younger). In one dream I tried really hard to go to a nice warm beach where I can relax, but I ended up on a beach that was full of partying people.

But I recommend a strong vitamin B supplement to anyone who wants lucid dreams. That's how I get mine. The downside is that after using it for a few weeks it starts to make my sleep quality suck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts