Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been done already, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I think these characters are tricky. Only a few of them I have some idea about:

Lucifer - ExTP. Spontaneous, seeks external stimuli constantly, charisma and charm that's often used to mask vulnerability, oblivion to his own emotional states and how he impacts others, and projection of his emotional issues on others (immature Fe), seems not used to feeling strongly, romantically, or negatively (like vulnerable, sad, or concerned for others). Mentally playful, likes to toy around with concepts (like he fixates on some idea with each case) which makes me lean more towards N, but it's hard to tell with his hedonism. Plus the way he sometimes acts like he just had some epiphany about something (especally his crazy interpretations of Dr Linda's advice lol) could also be inferior Ni.

There you go guys. The devil is either an ESTP or ENTP. :tongue:

Chloe - ISTJ. Very by-the-books, always worried about Lucifer getting her in trouble/jeopardizing her career and almost taking him on as a responsibility when he says inappropriate things in interviews/interrogations. Work oriented, struggles to get out of "on duty" mode, seems to spend a lot of time alone. Looks for closure on cases. Gets awkward with strong emotions and expressing them to others, resents showing vulnerability if it leads to hurt, causes her to close off more (Fi vs Lucifer).

Dan - ISTP? A little looser personality than Chloe but still made fun of for his dullness, for being a tool in various situations with others (Charlotte), etc. I could also seem him being an ESTJ, but I don't think he has that much Te and I think Chloe is more "J" compared to him.

Ella - ENFP. Can't imagine her being anything else. She has that "adorkable" thing, there's like the nerd/socially awkward side of her and then the spontaneous, witty, curious/exploratory side. Also spends a lot of time alone at least at work, but is pretty sociable with colleagues and wants to talk about her work almost constantly. Seems to take on some sort of support role with most characters, her focus is less on her inner self in that sense. I always misinterpret stuff she does as hitting on someone lol (I thought she might've been flirting with Lucifer a few times.. but maybe that was intended by the writers more than just being an ENFP thing).

I'm not sure about Amenadiel or Maze. But I think Maze might be ESTP? Hardcore Se, somewhat strategic but knows how to improvise (especially last week's episode...), also not the best EQ. I don't think she's the same type as Luce though, so that'd make him ENTP...

Charlotte/Mom - she really fits the lawyer personalty haha... ESxJ?

Linda - I have no idea. Stereotypically, she'd be an NT of some kind. But I don't know if any of the NT types fit.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
What irony that I've been watching this show for the past few months and have also been searching for threads and mbti related info on this show.
So glad you decided to make a thread for it, my darling ninja.

My interpretations:

Lucifer-ESTP: His Se is way too strong. He sees the world for as it is and actually does the action instead of just talking. He enjoys mouthing off no doubt, but he's also action oriented enough to back it up unlike an ENTP (no offense.) He goes through women like he changes clothes, but is awkwardly adorable towards the one woman he truly loves. Again, I also see this more in real life with ESTPs.
Ti can make an ESTP enjoy toying with concepts and ideas as well.

Chloe - INFP:
Okay, hear me out on this one. On the surface for her work, yes. Chloe seems like a stereotypical xSTJ, but the more I watch the show, this is simply a cover for work because it's required of her.
At home and the decisions Chloe makes with her family, daughter and even treatment/curiosity of Lucifer, the more I see that she is actually Fi/Ne based but is Te gripping because of her job.
She makes a lot of emotional decisions according to how she feels and her ideals (why she went into her choice of work force) the more you watch the show.
The ISTJs that I know don't really act like Chloe does even at home.
And the INFPs can be just as awkward with showing emotions in real life if they're prideful enough (which many are trust me,) socially awkward, gripping, unhealthy or whatever.

Amenadiel - ISFJ

Dan - I seriously don't care lol.

Lucifer's mom - ESTJ

Ella - ENTP: I don't know a single ENFP who would be as passionate as her in the kind of work she chooses to indulge in and especially with how she's so consistent with it, but I could be totally wrong. The ENFP's primary trait is focusing on oneself inwards because of aux Fi.
Ella reeks of Fe. She is continuously supportive of the people around her. Hardly ever really talks/rant about herself and life problems and prefers hearing from other people. She immediately warms up to anyone she meets and makes them feel comfortable.
This manner is why many social variant ENTPs look 'warmer' than an ENFP who can look a lot more self absorbed.
Yes, ENFPs can also do this, but they're not as consistent as Fe is even if it's just tert Fe.

Mazikeen - ESTJ: Stereotypical looking ESFP who actually uses Si => https://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/post/167131380090/lucifer-mazikeen-smith-estj

Trixie - ENFP: Yes yes yes lol. Now this one, I can't imagine being anything else.

·
Banned
601 Posts
Yeah? And?

I'm tert Te and can easily be mistaken for an ExTJ at work or at first glance. Your point?
I would not, personally, devote any attention to this individual and his forum quirks. It is my impression that he hardly knows what he is posting and hence, should not be taken seriously.

I have not watched much if the abovementioned, but at the current point in time, I concur with your assessment. If I have reason to say otherwise, I will amend my previous statement with new developments.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I would not, personaly, devote any attention to this individual and his forum quirks. It is my impression that he hardly knows what he is posting and hence, should not be taken seriously.

I have not watched much if the abovementioned, but at the current point in time, I concur with your assessment. If I have reason to say otherwise, I will amend my previous statement with new developments.
Noted. Thank you for letting me know early!

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
I would not, personally, devote any attention to this individual and his forum quirks. It is my impression that he hardly knows what he is posting and hence, should not be taken seriously.

It is my impression that you're butthurt you've been called out as the fake you are, and are now on a crusade against me.
I am fully aware of everything. :)
I have my little birdies. :)

If you could not be the world's biggest snake and try to turn people against me in the fashion you have here, and in more private settings - that would be great.

Good riddance.
Looking forward to Jan 1. :)

·
Banned
601 Posts
It is my impression that you're butthurt you've been called out as the fake you are, and are now on a crusade against me.
I am fully aware of everything. :)
I have my little birdies. :)

If you could not be the world's biggest snake and try to turn people against me in the fashion you have here, and in more private settings - that would be great.

Good riddance.
Looking forward to Jan 1. :)
You are delusional as well as misinformed. If you could stop provoking fights when I told you three times to quit contacting me, now THAT would be appreciated.

In rebuttal, the only person who is “fake” here is you, and in reality I never will or can manipulate people you claimed I am using against you - that is a product of your doubt and paranoia. As a parting gift, recall this when others start questioning you - the more times you question your type, claim someone you are not, provoke or mistype/misinform others, or post your regurgitations of information (that you read like a glorified translator), the quicker the people will see who you really are. In reality, the aforementioned is already occurring; I can sit back and watch, without writing essays on why I think you are fake - you are doing that well on your own. You will be the architect of your own destruction. Good riddance.

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
You are delusional as well as misinformed. If you could stop provoking fights when I told you three times to quit contacting me, now THAT would be appreciated.

In rebuttal, the only person who is “fake” here is you, and in reality I never will or can manipulate people you claimed I am using against you - that is a product of your doubt and paranoia. As a parting gift, recall this when others start questioning you - the more times you question your type, claim someone you are not, provoke or mistype/misinform others, or post your regurgitations of information (that you read like a glorified translator), the quicker the people will see who you really are. In reality, the aforementioned is already occurring; I can sit back and watch, without writing essays on why I think you are fake - you are doing that well on your own. You will be the architect of your own destruction. Good riddance.
I don't see a need to address the lies, so..

Questioning ones type is healthy, it'd be narrow-minded to blind yourself to new information.

With that in mind - something I've repeatedly stated as my belief here - what's your point?

·
Banned
601 Posts
My point is this, seeing how you are incapable of seeing the big picture, I will say this “The more you end up confusing others, the more you confuse yourself”. The more others believe you are someone who you are not, and you by extension believe the same, the end product of that scenario is mistrust, confusion, doubt and shame, in that specific order. I don’t think I need to explain why.

So in the aforementioned scenario being “narrow-minded” is the proper course here, considering you typed yourself as every single introverted intuitive type and still haven’t settled on a type. I also wonder if you like putting others in the proverbial boxes, just because you can’t put yourself into one. Your open mind does you credit, but not to the point where you question everything, to the core beliefs and values you know you have that are true, if the above makes sense. That alone should give you a “scope” of how misguided your posts, and by definition you are.

I believe this may be my last post, so I’ll leave it at that. In short, you are a fake person, incapable of seeing help when it’s offered. For the record, even when my posts were worded bluntly, I still had the intention to help you - seeing you change your type constantly was frustrating to say the least, and that is what others are feeling as well, contrary to your belief that I am manipulating others. You disgust me, and the impression you left on me, is a man struggling with doubt - a sad picture. I do wish you well, there is no need to reply to this post, as (it just hit me), that you are a troll. Just thinking about the above should be sufficient.

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
My point is this, seeing how you are incapable of seeing the big picture, I will say this “The more you end up confusing others, the more you confuse yourself”. The more others believe you are someone who you are not, and you by extension believe the same, the end product of that scenario is mistrust, confusion, doubt and shame, in that specific order. I don’t think I need to explain why.

So in the aforementioned scenario being “narrow-minded” is the proper course here, considering you typed yourself as every single introverted intuitive type and still haven’t settled on a type. I also wonder if you like putting others in the proverbial boxes, just because you can’t put yourself into one. Your open mind does you credit, but not to the point where you question everything, to the core beliefs and values you know you have that are true, if the above makes sense. That alone should give you a “scope” of how misguided your posts, and by definition you are.

I believe this may be my last post, so I’ll leave it at that. In short, you are a fake person, incapable of seeing help when it’s offered. For the record, even when my posts were worded bluntly, I still had the intention to help you - seeing you change your type constantly was frustrating to say the least, and that is what others are feeling as well, contrary to your belief that I am manipulating others. You disgust me, and the impression you left on me, is a man struggling with doubt - a sad picture. I do wish you well, there is no need to reply to this post, as (it just hit me), that you are a troll. Just thinking about the above should be sufficient.
Can you try that again but make it relevant?
You're fighting an imaginary demon, I'm afraid.

I've never even claimed to have the slightest amount of knowledge regarding typology, btw.
Not once.

·
Banned
601 Posts
I thank you for the above for demonstrating to others that you are a troll. In short, you just reinforced my point by your lack of a coherent response. I would suggest re-reading the above, as I won’t deign to respond or explain myself in this thread further. Goodbye.

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
I thank you for the above for demonstrating to others that you are a troll. In short, you just reinforced my point by your lack of a coherent response. I would suggest re-reading the above, as I won’t deign to respond or explain myself in this thread further. Goodbye.
Because you know it's unfounded.

You claim people believe me to be someone I'm not, and that this leads me to believe the same - this has precisely no foundations, whatsoever.
Like I said, I've never claimed to be knowledgeable in the slightest about typology - not once - in fact, I've only ever said other people are more knowledgeable than I, and I've repeatedly pointed out that I only 'found out' about MBTI etc, in April~ this year.

So this point - along with the "mistrust, confusion, doubt and shame" that apparently go along with it - are nullified - this entire argument you're making is completely imaginary.

You claim my posts are misguided, yet simultaneously claim I regurgitate information from others - those others, would be Jung, Myers, Nardi, DeLunas, Keirsey, Berens, Quenk, Hunziker, I need not go on - my point is, the information I use to support a lot of my postings is founded in credible typology sources.

Understand - I don't talk shit - I don't just make things up - I synthesise information I come across, and create my own points of view - these perspectives are grounded in research and studies done by other people - and myself, as I venture out and have begun to undertake my own to some degree.

There is nothing misguided about my postings.
Anyone who I respond to, can rest assured they're being responded to, or typed by somebody who has access to practically every source of credible information, regarding dichotomy, regarding cognitive functions - I've got basically every book - I'm delving into Socionics as well, and am loving it and have sourced some credible places for information already, and I'm also dabbling in Enneagram.

So this argument, yet again, is completely off the mark - it's spawned out of spite and confusion on your behalf.

You accuse me of being a "fake" person, on what grounds, Agent X?
I ask, because all of the arguments you've put forth are invalid, and imaginary - there is literally nothing in our PMs, that I haven't shared on these public forums either, so I'm simply mystified by this position you've taken.

Your entire position appears to be built on the fact that I've tried on various type 'hats' - and somehow, this makes a lesser person - 'disgusting', as if there is a problem with being open to new information.

You project your own issues onto me - the person who you are disgusted at, for not being able to identify their 'type' (why is this so important to you, anyway?) - is yourself.

I don't want to derail this thread any further - however understand, readers, that I simply can't allow these kinds of manipulative tactics to slip by, it feels almost like defamation.
I had no choice but to step in and set things straight, which I believe I have.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts