Personality Cafe banner

Lucifer MBTI

52K views 111 replies 25 participants last post by  wiccankitten 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this has been done already, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I think these characters are tricky. Only a few of them I have some idea about:

Lucifer - ExTP. Spontaneous, seeks external stimuli constantly, charisma and charm that's often used to mask vulnerability, oblivion to his own emotional states and how he impacts others, and projection of his emotional issues on others (immature Fe), seems not used to feeling strongly, romantically, or negatively (like vulnerable, sad, or concerned for others). Mentally playful, likes to toy around with concepts (like he fixates on some idea with each case) which makes me lean more towards N, but it's hard to tell with his hedonism. Plus the way he sometimes acts like he just had some epiphany about something (especally his crazy interpretations of Dr Linda's advice lol) could also be inferior Ni.

There you go guys. The devil is either an ESTP or ENTP. :tongue:

Chloe - ISTJ. Very by-the-books, always worried about Lucifer getting her in trouble/jeopardizing her career and almost taking him on as a responsibility when he says inappropriate things in interviews/interrogations. Work oriented, struggles to get out of "on duty" mode, seems to spend a lot of time alone. Looks for closure on cases. Gets awkward with strong emotions and expressing them to others, resents showing vulnerability if it leads to hurt, causes her to close off more (Fi vs Lucifer).

Dan - ISTP? A little looser personality than Chloe but still made fun of for his dullness, for being a tool in various situations with others (Charlotte), etc. I could also seem him being an ESTJ, but I don't think he has that much Te and I think Chloe is more "J" compared to him.

Ella - ENFP. Can't imagine her being anything else. She has that "adorkable" thing, there's like the nerd/socially awkward side of her and then the spontaneous, witty, curious/exploratory side. Also spends a lot of time alone at least at work, but is pretty sociable with colleagues and wants to talk about her work almost constantly. Seems to take on some sort of support role with most characters, her focus is less on her inner self in that sense. I always misinterpret stuff she does as hitting on someone lol (I thought she might've been flirting with Lucifer a few times.. but maybe that was intended by the writers more than just being an ENFP thing).

I'm not sure about Amenadiel or Maze. But I think Maze might be ESTP? Hardcore Se, somewhat strategic but knows how to improvise (especially last week's episode...), also not the best EQ. I don't think she's the same type as Luce though, so that'd make him ENTP...

Charlotte/Mom - she really fits the lawyer personalty haha... ESxJ?

Linda - I have no idea. Stereotypically, she'd be an NT of some kind. But I don't know if any of the NT types fit.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
What irony that I've been watching this show for the past few months and have also been searching for threads and mbti related info on this show.
So glad you decided to make a thread for it, my darling ninja.

My interpretations:

Lucifer-ESTP: His Se is way too strong. He sees the world for as it is and actually does the action instead of just talking. He enjoys mouthing off no doubt, but he's also action oriented enough to back it up unlike an ENTP (no offense.) He goes through women like he changes clothes, but is awkwardly adorable towards the one woman he truly loves. Again, I also see this more in real life with ESTPs.
Ti can make an ESTP enjoy toying with concepts and ideas as well.

Chloe - INFP:
Okay, hear me out on this one. On the surface for her work, yes. Chloe seems like a stereotypical xSTJ, but the more I watch the show, this is simply a cover for work because it's required of her.
At home and the decisions Chloe makes with her family, daughter and even treatment/curiosity of Lucifer, the more I see that she is actually Fi/Ne based but is Te gripping because of her job.
She makes a lot of emotional decisions according to how she feels and her ideals (why she went into her choice of work force) the more you watch the show.
The ISTJs that I know don't really act like Chloe does even at home.
And the INFPs can be just as awkward with showing emotions in real life if they're prideful enough (which many are trust me,) socially awkward, gripping, unhealthy or whatever.

Amenadiel - ISFJ

Dan - I seriously don't care lol.

Lucifer's mom - ESTJ

Ella - ENTP: I don't know a single ENFP who would be as passionate as her in the kind of work she chooses to indulge in and especially with how she's so consistent with it, but I could be totally wrong. The ENFP's primary trait is focusing on oneself inwards because of aux Fi.
Ella reeks of Fe. She is continuously supportive of the people around her. Hardly ever really talks/rant about herself and life problems and prefers hearing from other people. She immediately warms up to anyone she meets and makes them feel comfortable.
This manner is why many social variant ENTPs look 'warmer' than an ENFP who can look a lot more self absorbed.
Yes, ENFPs can also do this, but they're not as consistent as Fe is even if it's just tert Fe.

Mazikeen - ESTJ: Stereotypical looking ESFP who actually uses Si => https://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/post/167131380090/lucifer-mazikeen-smith-estj

Trixie - ENFP: Yes yes yes lol. Now this one, I can't imagine being anything else.

#22 ·
My interpretations:
Chloe - INFP:[/B] Okay, hear me out on this one. On the surface for her work, yes. Chloe seems like a stereotypical xSTJ, but the more I watch the show, this is simply a cover for work because it's required of her.
At home and the decisions Chloe makes with her family, daughter and even treatment/curiosity of Lucifer, the more I see that she is actually Fi/Ne based but is Te gripping because of her job.
She makes a lot of emotional decisions according to how she feels and her ideals (why she went into her choice of work force) the more you watch the show.
The ISTJs that I know don't really act like Chloe does even at home.
And the INFPs can be just as awkward with showing emotions in real life if they're prideful enough (which many are trust me,) socially awkward, gripping, unhealthy or whatever.
I think that she is ISTP or ISxJ (I have two different theories in my mind). She is pretty reactive and take riskes (more than INFPs do IMO) and doesn't seem to be intuitive at all. In the last episode she said to Dan something like this: "You said that I need to take riskes to become a crime inspector/agent..." So I am not sure whether she likes to take risks (Se) and see taking risk as a key to success (Ni) or she just listen very carefully (Si) and follow other peoples suggestions (Fe or Te). She is pretty aware of other people which sounds more like ISFJ...but she is also pretty good with rules (Te). She also usually end up following/trusting all Lucifers crazy ideas (inferior Ne). I have seen ISxJ doing that in real life and I am pretty sure I also read something about it online... So I would say that she is probably ISxJ.

#17 ·
My point is this, seeing how you are incapable of seeing the big picture, I will say this “The more you end up confusing others, the more you confuse yourself”. The more others believe you are someone who you are not, and you by extension believe the same, the end product of that scenario is mistrust, confusion, doubt and shame, in that specific order. I don’t think I need to explain why.

So in the aforementioned scenario being “narrow-minded” is the proper course here, considering you typed yourself as every single introverted intuitive type and still haven’t settled on a type. I also wonder if you like putting others in the proverbial boxes, just because you can’t put yourself into one. Your open mind does you credit, but not to the point where you question everything, to the core beliefs and values you know you have that are true, if the above makes sense. That alone should give you a “scope” of how misguided your posts, and by definition you are.

I believe this may be my last post, so I’ll leave it at that. In short, you are a fake person, incapable of seeing help when it’s offered. For the record, even when my posts were worded bluntly, I still had the intention to help you - seeing you change your type constantly was frustrating to say the least, and that is what others are feeling as well, contrary to your belief that I am manipulating others. You disgust me, and the impression you left on me, is a man struggling with doubt - a sad picture. I do wish you well, there is no need to reply to this post, as (it just hit me), that you are a troll. Just thinking about the above should be sufficient.

#18 ·
Can you try that again but make it relevant?
You're fighting an imaginary demon, I'm afraid.

I've never even claimed to have the slightest amount of knowledge regarding typology, btw.
Not once.

#19 ·
I thank you for the above for demonstrating to others that you are a troll. In short, you just reinforced my point by your lack of a coherent response. I would suggest re-reading the above, as I won’t deign to respond or explain myself in this thread further. Goodbye.

Reactions: Katie Tran
#20 ·
Because you know it's unfounded.

You claim people believe me to be someone I'm not, and that this leads me to believe the same - this has precisely no foundations, whatsoever.
Like I said, I've never claimed to be knowledgeable in the slightest about typology - not once - in fact, I've only ever said other people are more knowledgeable than I, and I've repeatedly pointed out that I only 'found out' about MBTI etc, in April~ this year.

So this point - along with the "mistrust, confusion, doubt and shame" that apparently go along with it - are nullified - this entire argument you're making is completely imaginary.

You claim my posts are misguided, yet simultaneously claim I regurgitate information from others - those others, would be Jung, Myers, Nardi, DeLunas, Keirsey, Berens, Quenk, Hunziker, I need not go on - my point is, the information I use to support a lot of my postings is founded in credible typology sources.

Understand - I don't talk shit - I don't just make things up - I synthesise information I come across, and create my own points of view - these perspectives are grounded in research and studies done by other people - and myself, as I venture out and have begun to undertake my own to some degree.

There is nothing misguided about my postings.
Anyone who I respond to, can rest assured they're being responded to, or typed by somebody who has access to practically every source of credible information, regarding dichotomy, regarding cognitive functions - I've got basically every book - I'm delving into Socionics as well, and am loving it and have sourced some credible places for information already, and I'm also dabbling in Enneagram.

So this argument, yet again, is completely off the mark - it's spawned out of spite and confusion on your behalf.

You accuse me of being a "fake" person, on what grounds, Agent X?
I ask, because all of the arguments you've put forth are invalid, and imaginary - there is literally nothing in our PMs, that I haven't shared on these public forums either, so I'm simply mystified by this position you've taken.

Your entire position appears to be built on the fact that I've tried on various type 'hats' - and somehow, this makes a lesser person - 'disgusting', as if there is a problem with being open to new information.

You project your own issues onto me - the person who you are disgusted at, for not being able to identify their 'type' (why is this so important to you, anyway?) - is yourself.

I don't want to derail this thread any further - however understand, readers, that I simply can't allow these kinds of manipulative tactics to slip by, it feels almost like defamation.
I had no choice but to step in and set things straight, which I believe I have.

#24 · (Edited)
I think that Chloe is ISTJ because she is a very logical and factual person, at least at work. She is also too organized and an ardent follower of rules.

Funny, but I mostly found Lucifer typed as ENTP. I try to compare him with some well-defined ENTPs like The Doctor but they are different...
The problem is that for example in S1 Lucifer was more clever, more active, more confident. Now he is broken and he is losing his identity.

#28 · (Edited)
What exactly do you disagree with?
I don't disagree because I don't know much about the process of typing (fictional characters especially) I just want to see how you decide that he or she is "Type XXXX".

For example, Linda, I have read that ESFJs often have problems with expressing themselveswith right words, while ENFJs are natural communicators.

And Linda is not really very direct in her work. She often uses hints and metaphors, analogies.

#29 ·
Lucifer - ESTP

Dominant Se - Lucifer lives in the current moment, he decides or wants to do smth and he immediately follows his desires. Lucifer also �� physical pleasures: food, sex, alcohol, ��, driving. He values honesty and he considers truth the most important thing.
He is epicurean, enjoys “the finer things in life” and cares greatly about his appearance, his clothes and his ��.
And the best example of his Se is the ep 3*22 when Lucifer literally “became” a Detective in order to understand Chloe. In S2 he tried to become a Douche, imitated Daniel in order to become like him. Lucifer understands everything better from hands-on experience.
He also prizes freedom and independance.

Besides, Lucifer is not in tune with what others are feeling. (And what he feels) I think that's why he struggles to say the words of love to Chloe.

Chloe - I agree that she is ISxJ. I've always considred her as ISTJ but lately I've begun to question it.
Si- Fe- Ti-Ne or Si-Te-Fi-Ne?

She looks like and presents herself as quite cold and efficient professional but she is aslo a big softie who cares deeply about her friends. Lucifer says that every crime breaks her heart.
Chloe can distance herself from others and acts generally with fairness. She tends to to create spreadsheets or write out diagrams as she showed in S3*22: she draw a spreadsheet for wedding planning.

Maybe she is ISTJ with well-developed Fi.

#30 ·
Lucifer - ESTP

Dominant Se - Lucifer lives in the current moment, he decides or wants to do smth and he immediately follows his desires. Lucifer also �� physical pleasures: food, sex, alcohol, ��, driving. He values honesty and he considers truth the most important thing.
He is epicurean, enjoys “the finer things in life” and cares greatly about his appearance, his clothes and his ��.
And the best example of his Se is the ep 3*22 when Lucifer literally “became” a Detective in order to understand Chloe. In S2 he tried to become a Douche, imitated Daniel in order to become like him. Lucifer understands everything better from hands-on experience.
He also prizes freedom and independance.
I mean....this is like prototype definition of Se in real life. Anyone who still insists he's N because....I dunno, he's smart? Really need to brush on cognitive theory.

#32 · (Edited)
ESTJ Type. 3. sx/so 368

Who? Chloe? Do you really think she is an extravert? She seems like a really, really private person. She had no real friends before S2 - Tribe. Have you seen all 3 seasons?

Hm, I haven't considered this variant.

3 + Te-dominant would want the power and success. Chloe is a workaholic but actually her daughter means the most to her. She is a family person, treasuring the memory about her father. And her favourite pastime - reading books or playing games with her daughter.

I can't recall any moments when she was really leading or managing a lot of people.

I mean....this is like prototype definition of Se in real life. Anyone who still insists he's N because....I dunno, he's smart?
He wasn't so smart in S3. And i don't see any Ne in him. He is bad in predicting possible outcomes and doesn't pay much attention to hidden messages amd meanings. Maybe that's why he couldn't understand Cain's plans and and his hidden agenda durinf S3.

#33 · (Edited)
If anyone watched S3, can you offer the possible type of Marcus/Cain?

I can only guess that he is a Judging type. Due to his millions-year old life he certainly well-developed all his four functions. So he may seem as introvert or extravert as he needs to. But I consider him more like an Introvert. So smth like IxxJ.

Anoher indirect evidence that Lucifer is ESxP and not ENxP): he has Inferior Ni and not Inferior Si (ENxP).

The Angel of San-Bernardino: Lucifer became paranoid because he believed that he was that angel. He seriously mistrusted himself, became crazy. He panicked about being experimented on by his father.

"They're back.
My Father, he's manipulating me.
He's making me do things that I would never do.
What? Like flying through the night, helping people like some rogue angel? - Yes! Yes, exactly! - Uh-huh.
That is the only plausible explanation."

#34 · (Edited)
I'm still trying to type them.

Lucifer - ESTP 8w7-3w2-7w8 sx/so Mover and Shaker
Bold, charismatic, fearless and egotistical.

His biggest fear is fear of being controlled (by his father), he acts agressively, likes confrontations and almost never backs away from them. He challenges authority figires and ignores laws of the human society.
His 7 wing gives him playfulness and enthisiam. He is outgoing, impulsive and reckless.

His 3 fix manifests itself in his desire to acqure popularity and therefore power. He constantly makes deals with different people, he usually gets whatever he wants. He is really charming, full of desire for attention.
His strong lust for life, sexual pursuits are telling signs of his 7 fix.

Under stress he becomes paranoid about his father's intentions, disconnects from his emotions and neglects his needs (doesn't sleep or change clothes)

Felling secure he becomes more gentle and caring, listen to others' advice, abandon vengeance (for example against his mother or father).

Chloe Decker - ISTJ sp/so? 1w2-6w5-3w2?
Sometimes I am a bit unsure about her auxillary function. But Chloe was shown to be able to set aside her emotions to make harsh decisions. For example when she didn't agree to call Lucifer a liar in court, even if it let her father's killer go free.

What consufes me a bit tha't her strong "gut" feeling. She often says "I'm right, I can feel it".

I'm really not sure about her Enneagramm. I'm sure she has 1, 6 and maybe 2 somewhere. 162? 163?

Mazikeen - ESTJ sx/so

Daniel Espinoza - ISFJ?

Amenadiel - I am considering ISTJ now. Maybe 3w2-6w5-1w9
As for Enneagram he probably has 3 (his pridefulness), 6 (duty and anxiety) in his tritype.

Trixie is too small to say anything. As creators always tell she is mini-version of Ella than she is probably an ENTP or ENFP.

Ella is likely ENFP.
Why Fi? She has a certain attitude towards God, her family, other people and she doesn't change it.

Uriel --INTJ (Literally saw patterns in everything that happened, was very stubborn and ready to do anything to carry his plan through)

#35 ·
Goddess/Charlotte is probably a Ni-dom. Her vision of the future was very strong. She was also quite insightful, quickly figured it out how to manipulate her sons to get what she wants.
And she learned everything very qucikly. Grasping basics of law in just two days? Easy.

#41 · (Edited)
you know she's likely not an INFP type 9 like yourself :p
Well, yes, she does, but she's 36 years old and she had time to develop her tert function, don't you think?
Half of INFPs are type 4, Chloe is unlikely to be that. I am not sure but I think she is 1w2-6w5-? or smth like that.
Her "rightness" can come from her 1 core strengthening her Fi. I prefer to think she is an ISTJ as it is easier to justify.

And anyway. Where is her Ne?
(How much did you watch, maybe you don't want spoilers. I judge her based on all 3 seasons. You obviously watched or are watching the 2nd, right?

#42 ·
Well, yes, she does, but she's 36 years old and she has time to develop her tert function, don't you think?
Half of INFPs are type 4, Chloe is unlikely to be that. I am not sure but I think she is 1w2-6w5-? or smth like that.
Her "rightness" can come from her 1 core strengthening her Fi. I prefer to think she is an ISTJ as it is easier to justify.

And anyway. Where is her Ne?
(How much did you watch, maybe you don't want spoilers. I judge her based on all 3 seasons. You obviously watched or are watching the 2nd, right?
yes, currently in the second season - tried to watch more tonight but Netflix wasn't loading! :(
Actually, my own tritype is 146...so anything is possible!!! But who knows really

#44 ·
My argument for Lucifer being Seti not SeFi:

If we would go further than the impressions they give to other persons, we will find that the ESTP finds it a lot more difficult to deal with his feelings, quite often finding himself in situations where he does not know how to react to or control his emotions. Sometimes he does not even know why he feels the way he feels or what emotion he is experiencing in a given moment. On the contrary, the ESFP finds it natural to solve this kind of problems, mainly because of his Fi auxiliary and the lack of Fe tertiary, which always pushes the ESTP to meet social standards without ever knowing exactly how to do this very thing.
Lucifer has huge problems with recognizing his own feelings (that's why he needs a therapist). He also has underdeveloped Ti as he often doesn't see (and doesn't care about) outcomes and consequences. I don't see any Fi in him. When does he need to establish the moral values and boundaries?

#45 ·
Lucifer aux Ti most frequent question: "Why would he/she do it?/What if x/y is right then...? " He's not trying to use his own moral judgements.
His Ti is not developed so he often comes to wrong conclusions as with his father's supposed manipulation. He's also a very impulsive ans short-sighted (all his first decisions after hearing Linda's advice).

#49 · (Edited)
I've read some opinions that:

Daniel Espinoza is ESFJ 2w1
Linda Martin ENFJ 2w1
Amenadiel is ESTJ (However, I still can't quite see him as extravert)
Ella Lopez is ENTP 7w6 (I agree)
Goddess is INFJ (She seems quite decisive for a Ni-dom, maybe she's Fe-Ni?)
Urile INTJ 5w6
Charlotte is ESTJ

I've seen Lucifer typed as ENTP so many times than I seriously doubt anyone really watched more than a few episodes of the show. His SE is blatantly obvious.
Ella is ENTP, compare her enthusiam about anything unknown to Lucifer's pragmatic and focused on the present attitude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.