Personality Cafe banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,364 Posts
And what about now?

I don't see him as ESTJ, he has no Si compared to Chloe's ISTJ.
His drive is to "live and let live", he wants freedom and to be his own man. That's all.

Honestly, I want to discuss his type with someone who watched at least S2.
Well I'm almost at s4 now and tho I can definitely see these ESTP tendencies in him like being generally laid back and spontaneous, but all the other things that are too Jish are still there, his denial and blame shifting is exactly like Si. I don't see him fitting one type and that's OK he's a fictional character, quite comical and outrageous at that. Yes he wants freedom, but that's not unlike a J either. When it comes to protecting others he'll take control and go behind their back like a J would.

I don't think Chloe fits one type either, certainly not ISTJ. Chloe's parenting style is very P. She's quite communicative, emotionally and otherwise and doesn't show visceral controlling and overprotective tendencies which are more common to STJ parents. She's also quite comfortable opening up her feelings if the situation calls for it, like even in her job to total strangers if it's gonna help.

·
Registered
271 Posts
When it comes to protecting others he'll take control and go behind their back as a J would.
I prefer to not to nitpick and choose a general type, the closest.

People are not defined by only their parenting styles. When typing a character, it’s important to look at the overall impression of them and not just how they interact with their beloved people, because people can be gentle/submissive to their relatives and loved ones but still making most rational judgments about the work/school/strangers.

Chloe: Si - conservative, prefers traditional, proven methods, sticks to the protocol. Inferior Ne - her difficulty to accept new ideas and anything unusual.
her Te- she is assertive, organized, strict, takes charge.
Fi - has her own moral code and beliefs.

ESTJs:
act on the facts,
conservative and predictable with great organizational ability, ensuring everyone is clear where they stand
have practical common sense and a good deal of self-control and discipline, they work hard and tackle problems in a systematic fashion

Lucifer? He has little of this. His attention span is short, he craves novelty and thrill in his work.

his denial and blame shifting is exactly like Si
It's his low Fe, not Si. Si is a perceiving, not judging function.

I thought about ISTP but her morals are not inferior quality like in ITPS.
Underdeveloped ITPs are indifferent and may even appear to others to lack a moral conscience, due to paying so little attention to others’ reactions to their statements or behaviors.TPs are nearly oblivious to social rules and the nuances of relationships. They may turn them into a strategic “game” instead of emotional investment in them.

@Red Panda What do you think about Amenadiel, Maze, Dan?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry if this has been done already, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I think these characters are tricky. Only a few of them I have some idea about:

Lucifer - ExTP. Spontaneous, seeks external stimuli constantly, charisma and charm that's often used to mask vulnerability, oblivion to his own emotional states and how he impacts others, and projection of his emotional issues on others (immature Fe), seems not used to feeling strongly, romantically, or negatively (like vulnerable, sad, or concerned for others). Mentally playful, likes to toy around with concepts (like he fixates on some idea with each case) which makes me lean more towards N, but it's hard to tell with his hedonism. Plus the way he sometimes acts like he just had some epiphany about something (especally his crazy interpretations of Dr Linda's advice lol) could also be inferior Ni.

There you go guys. The devil is either an ESTP or ENTP. 👅

Chloe - ISTJ. Very by-the-books, always worried about Lucifer getting her in trouble/jeopardizing her career and almost taking him on as a responsibility when he says inappropriate things in interviews/interrogations. Work oriented, struggles to get out of "on duty" mode, seems to spend a lot of time alone. Looks for closure on cases. Gets awkward with strong emotions and expressing them to others, resents showing vulnerability if it leads to hurt, causes her to close off more (Fi vs Lucifer).

Dan - ISTP? A little looser personality than Chloe but still made fun of for his dullness, for being a tool in various situations with others (Charlotte), etc. I could also seem him being an ESTJ, but I don't think he has that much Te and I think Chloe is more "J" compared to him.

Ella - ENFP. Can't imagine her being anything else. She has that "adorkable" thing, there's like the nerd/socially awkward side of her and then the spontaneous, witty, curious/exploratory side. Also spends a lot of time alone at least at work, but is pretty sociable with colleagues and wants to talk about her work almost constantly. Seems to take on some sort of support role with most characters, her focus is less on her inner self in that sense. I always misinterpret stuff she does as hitting on someone lol (I thought she might've been flirting with Lucifer a few times.. but maybe that was intended by the writers more than just being an ENFP thing).

I'm not sure about Amenadiel or Maze. But I think Maze might be ESTP? Hardcore Se, somewhat strategic but knows how to improvise (especially last week's episode...), also not the best EQ. I don't think she's the same type as Luce though, so that'd make him ENTP...

Charlotte/Mom - she really fits the lawyer personalty haha... ESxJ?

Linda - I have no idea. Stereotypically, she'd be an NT of some kind. But I don't know if any of the NT types fit.
Don't know the show but Amiee Garcia is definitely an EFP. Probably ENFP.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Amenadiel makes me wonder the most.

He started in S1 as very by-the-rules, reserved, authoritative, vain, arrogant, judgemental, ready to cut the edges angel who wanted to establish the order as he saw it. I would call him TJ. ESTJ or ISTJ.

Then in S2-3, he became more subdued, sensitive, observant, emotional, and thinking. But he stayed dependable and practical.
:unsure:🤨❓❔

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't see Lucifer as TJ

Judgers:
  • Are happiest after decisions have been made
  • Set goals and work toward achieving them on time
  • Are product-oriented (emphasis is on completing the task)
  • See time as a finite resource and take deadlines seriously
  • Prefer knowing what they are
    getting into
Perceivers:
  • Have a “play ethic”: enjoy now, finish the job later (if there’s time)
  • Like adapting to new situations
  • Derive satisfaction from starting projects
  • See time as a renewable resource and see deadlines as elastic
  • Are happiest leaving their options open
Lucifer is a clear perceiver.

Sensors:

• Trust what is certain and concrete
  • Caught up in living life, they may forget to reflect on it (especially ESPs) Lucifer!
  • Like new ideas only if they have practical applications
  • Are oriented to the present
  • Like to use and hone established skills
  • Tend to be specific and literal; give detailed descriptions
Intuitives:

• Like new ideas and concepts for their own sake
  • Value imagination and innovation
  • Tend to be general and figurative; use metaphors and analogies
  • Are oriented toward the future
  • Prefer to deal in theoretical, imaginative, or speculative realms; love working with ideas
  • Like to learn new skills; get bored easily after mastering skills
  • Often lost in thought, their minds are “somewhere else”

Where is he Ne?

·
Registered
INTP; 4w5 SP/SX; Early Millennial
27 Posts
Lucifer - ENTP
Det. Chloe Dekker - ISTJ
Douchebag Dan Espinoza - ESFJ
Amenadiel - ISFJ
Maze - ISTP
Dr. Linda Martin - INFJ
Goddess - ENTJ
Charlotte Richards - ESTJ
Ella Lopes - ENFP
Marcus Pierce - ISTP
Eve - ESFP

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lucifer - ENTP
Det. Chloe Dekker - ISTJ
Douchebag Dan Espinoza - ESFJ
Amenadiel - ISFJ
Maze - ISTP
Dr. Linda Martin - INFJ
Goddess - ENTJ
Charlotte Richards - ESTJ
Ella Lopes - ENFP
Marcus Pierce - ISTP
Eve - ESFP

WHY ENTP? Where do you see his Ne?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lucifer loves to be the center of attention, and engage; he is paying attention to even the smallest elements in his appearance (caring about his pocket square, his hairstyle) and has a great taste in style and music. Whenever unhappy, Lucifer retreats to spending time in orgies and drinking with his club patrons. Lucifer loves to ride fast, and enjoys the danger of police consultant work. He generally ignores public opinion unless it concerns his reputation as a great lover or party-goer. Lucifer enjoys going places and doing things. He’s also ruthless in his assessment of other people, noticing and commenting on details about them that others miss. He sees through people and situations easily (he accuses his mother of manipulating him, he quickly realizes his brother talked to Maze, etc.). Lucifer doesn’t think about the ramifications of his decisions, but he decided to return to Hell as it became clear to him that the demons must be contained (inferior Ni).

101 - 108 of 108 Posts