• Linux/BSD/All other

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use Mac OS X, Windows or Linux operating systems and why? If Windows, which iteration?

I use Mac, although I don't really have a preference between operating systems, but I love the hardware and the look of Apple products. Windows is a breeze for me to use and Linux is something I experiment with when I'm feeling bored and want to try and make my computing experience more interesting or colourful.

Vote in the poll if you're an INTJ, other types stay out of the poll please.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I prefer Linux, but I'm using Windows 7 because I made the mistake of buying a Samsung laptop. Apparently I got off easy when I tried to install Linux -- the thing just froze until the battery ran down. Others have tried and ended up destroying their computers.

Building my own next time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got some various Linux partitions on my laptop but my main tower runs Vista 64
up for months at a time without the slightest problem

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use Windows 7 on desktops at work and home, but my mobile devices are iOS -- mostly for the FaceTime and iMessage features to connect with family members who only use iOS. I voted Windows in the OP poll.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
i tested on macs way back in the day, and now doing it a little again. also tech-supported for them.

it's purely a matter of me not having the knowledge/mindset to obtain the knowledge, but as a tester/qa analyst i really hate them and still do. it's precisely the impervious impermeable unbreakability of them that i dislike. that sense of not being told the whole picture, and not having any easy/accessible way to find out for myself. i need to know what is going on in something even when i don't need-need to know, and with macs i never felt like i did.

macs are like the ultimate give-a-man-a-fish thing, or not even that. it's practically 'oh, you don't need a fish - here, eat this and never mind what it is.' they're very don't-ask-why to me. pc's it's not like they teach you to fish, but at least you feel like you can poke around in the back end for a dead worm and a rusty bobby pin to improvise your own fishing line with, if you like.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arch Linux because I can control every aspect of my system.
Not to pick on Arch, but why? Why not Debian or Fedora or Slax or even Puppy Linux? You can control every aspect of your system with any linux, especially one you put together yourself, so what made you go with Arch?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know what they say: once you go Mac you never go back.
I heard this comedian say "Once you go black, you never go back, but everything tastes better on a cracker." I died laughing. Anyone else find it funny?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got some various Linux partitions on my laptop but my main tower runs Vista 64
up for months at a time without the slightest problem
I had Vista on a computer working well for me for the longest time. I had this theory that people who disliked it were still running on 1 GB of RAM or were simply whining because they had less and couldn't therefore run Vista. I too never had any problems with that computer until my step-father ruined it by installing a Magic Jack. I don't know how it happened, but since then, system resources were buggy, crashes constantly, all kinds of weird errors happened. It wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use Windows 7 because it's familiar to me, but I'm going to switch over to a Mac at some point because I'm going into entertainment.
A Mac is necessary for all the video production software I want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts