Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The Prince is fun, I find it very interesting and would read it again. I find anything by Machiavelli very interesting.

I love his insight,thoughts, and theories; but I am not sure about the application of his methods. They did not work to well for him. I think someone caught in modern application of Machiavellian practice would face similar exile from their peers. I was reading on body language and Machiavelli at the same time once, people started talking about my interests, and next everyone avoided me like the plague.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think someone caught in modern application of Machiavellian practice would face similar exile from their peers. I was reading on body language and Machiavelli at the same time once, people started talking about my interests, and next everyone avoided me like the plague.
Yea, i certainly don't take all of my reading material to starbucks...

knowing your other posts though I would slot you in a category who looks to capitalize on general patterns of behavior in the public realm

·
Registered
73 Posts
Before I knew about the concept of Machiavellianism I was acting upon these principles. I have had to fight against them most of my life, and failed. But you are right, when people know this about you they tend to freak out a little bit... Shame.

Reactions: Tipo

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
As stated by @nothingnew, I enjoy Machiavelli's writings and the logic of his principles. I however, would not recommend using them in general public as sheepdar goes off and well, you get that reaction. Kind of the same of using intuition to sense 'pure malice' or 'something off' in a person just by looking at them even if they appear 'normal' to everyone else and so, you keep up your guard or stay away instinctively. Machiavelli's writings are generally for a term, a bit sociopathic in my opinion. While it could work in a logical or rational driven society, I doubt it would work anywhere else.

I also think that while INTP's could also use Machiavelli's principles, they'd often find themselves isolated from general society. Everything has a price, of course. For Machiavelli states that it's better to be feared than loved. It might fit 'NTJ' type preferences though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see the merits in both idealism and manipulating to get your way. I have devoted myself to both at different points in my life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts