Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I normally tend to view myself as a bit of a scaredy cat. Maybe it's because when no threats are actually present, my mind sometimes finds the pettiest things to obsessively chew on. But when something is ACTUALLY going on in reality? I'm not claiming to be Super Woman or something and I'm not necessarily referring to life and death situations here (but you can include those in your response if you want), just tragedy or intense situations in general. For example, when it comes to dealing with death, I'm usually strangely chill but NOT detached. I have the desire to become an anchor for others and say stupid shit like "we'll stick together. we have each other :) It's all right :)" And I firmly believe it. I don't know - maybe it's because I mentally prepare myself for people dying all the time that when they actually DO die, it feels totally normal. And well, death IS a normal part of life anyway. That's another topic...

A tiny confession but I even truly believe I wouldn't mind if the world was ending and everyone had to band together just to survive. I day dream about these types of scenarios sometimes. Maybe I'm full of shit but I think there's something about tense situations that have the potential to bring people closer together. I suppose that's what I like about them. So maybe I'm not so much afraid of those as I am the dullness or monotony that can so easily sink in, in daily life. Or...maybe all that is just a theory and when push comes to shove, I'd actually be a total scaredy cat. I realize in light of the Relatively Small Fears thread, this might sound a tad ridiculous and contradictory but still, I think about it.

What are YOU like? Are you attracted to certain types of danger? What scares you more or which do you find more painful? Dullness/monotony OR potentially "scary" situations?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yup, I definitely seem to be a stronger person in trying / dangerous / sketchy situations.

Wish "stronger person" was ala Jackie Chan, ROFL... but it's more like secret ops surveillance on overdrive, with the readiness to respond (this last bit, I cannot attain in positive life phases).

End of world or deserted island... yup, I could deal. Probably the only time in life I would happily take over a large group of people, because it's easier for me to just be in control than to dance between wanting to protect others and wanting to be nice and submit to the proper authority. I'd rather take charge if I could get away with it.
If not, I wouldn't be revealing much to whomever is in charge, and I'd be working on my backup plan when no one was looking. You never know what kind of crazy mob-mentality or just plain ole stupidity is going to take over in a group like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.