Not open for further replies.
1001 - 1020 of 2586 Posts

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I didn't but still why would you do that if you thought I did? I've played with you before and shared a QT with you, I know you can reason and come up with your own ideas by yourself so I don't like you doing something because you think someone else is telling you to do it :dry:
It's was not "because you told me to". It was, because you think it's not the right path, I town read you. I agree that lynching poxy would give us the least information especially if she's town.

This is quite defeatist. Even if you think 3 people aren't going to move their vote though, you could still make a point for the other people.
No it's not. Their vote isn't on Worldz. Why should I bother specifically lobbying for the other people to basically not vote Worldz when I have no other strong lynch candidate. That's silly. It's one thing to try to lobby people away from a lynch they are voting on or to lobby for a lynch on a person who people aren't voting. Lobbying for people who aren't currently voting on someone to continue to not vote them is just a waste of space imho.

Why do you think both wagons are Town? Do you think there's scum on them? If so, who do you think are scum? If not, where do you think scum are? (basically both scenarios are just who do you think are scum, which I know you did a reads list, but I wondered if there's anything you could pick from voting specifically if you think both wagons are Town.)
I think the wagons are probably mostly clean. I think scum is sitting back and not doing anything. Why bother getting involved when town can split their votes between two town wagons.

No, because I don't like this either. You've just swapped like for like. What has been said about Kito is literally the same thing as Poxy.
I disagree. Kito is here responding to posts. That is a lot different than Poxy who hasn't showed up.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I agree with everything you're saying but can you see QT as misguided town? Someone attempting to force direction but failing to bring everyone together? That's how I'm perceiving his play right now.
Why yes I can, however, his play today screams intellectual dishonesty. His reasoning for tunneling Talon D0 was sound, but today he is tunneling me using manufactured reaches and leaps imo. It reads to me as "aggressive town player trying to appear aggressive by elaborating shade on town."

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Why yes I can, however, his play today screams intellectual dishonesty. His reasoning for tunneling Talon D0 was sound, but today he is tunneling me using manufactured reaches and leaps imo. It reads to me as "aggressive town player trying to appear aggressive by elaborating shade on town."
So you think he's showing a lot of differences between D0 (confirmed townie) and now? That's interesting. I think his attitude is the same but you're right about his reasoning being off.

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,115 Posts
I actually think my vote should be on Poxy looking at my reads and the VC.

<<Vote: Poxy>>
Can you tell me if your vote is still on Poxy? (I'm catching up but at this time, Im also in the current moment too).

If not, I think the answer could still be relevant because this is how it was at the time of posting.

Why do you say that you're doing this based off your reads list when your list is this:

Null:
Talon
Ghost
Poxy
Kito

Lean Scum:
Kalei
ben
Desthro

Why was/is the vote not on one of the people who you thought/think are more likely scum (kalei, ben and Desthro) even at the time?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
@TrippedOnReality

Were you trying to get a rise out of Ben?
No. Why? Because I asked about Ben's read on Kito? I asked about Kito because for someone who has been mostly absent and not provided much content, especially up to that point, being seconded highest town read seemed weird.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I wish you wouldn't reply to people's thoughts saying they're shit and not explain why. We don't all live inside your head.
Ok thanks.

I didn't think his reads list was ridiculous so I didn't ask him. No need to be so passive aggressive just because someone doesn't see something your way. I feel less inclined to listen to you when you're being a douche.
I have to clarify. I said the reads list was BS. That means I think they are fake reads. All I paid attention to before was the "We don't all live inside your head" comment that I was trying to address at the time so I tried to.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,534 Posts
No. Why? Because I asked about Ben's read on Kito? I asked about Kito because for someone who has been mostly absent and not provided much content, especially up to that point, being seconded highest town read seemed weird.
So you voted for kito because someone else has him as the second highest town read?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
So you think he's showing a lot of differences between D0 (confirmed townie) and now? That's interesting. I think his attitude is the same but you're right about his reasoning being off.
He's been accusing me of things I flat haven't done all day. Most of his response to my read lost was flat out incorrect and countered with simple facts.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
So you voted for kito because someone else has him as the second highest town read?
No. I voted Kito because his appearance was very similar to Binary where he was scum and he's been doing the same "I'm kind of helpful but not really helpful" stuff he was doing that game. The two events were unrelated.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Can you tell me if your vote is still on Poxy? (I'm catching up but at this time, Im also in the current moment too).

If not, I think the answer could still be relevant because this is how it was at the time of posting.

Why do you say that you're doing this based off your reads list when your list is this:

Null:
Talon
Ghost
Poxy
Kito

Lean Scum:
Kalei
ben
Desthro

Why was/is the vote not on one of the people who you thought/think are more likely scum (kalei, ben and Desthro) even at the time?
My vote should be on ben right now. I thought the idea of putting pressure on a lurker would be a good idea. Turns out I was wrong because Polexia still hasn't posted anything at all, which I don't like at all. Ghost also hasn't made a post. This is concerning me quite a bit actually.

Also I followed up that reason with another which can be found here:

And by that I mean we only have about 8 hours left in the day so wagons should be starting to solidify a bit.
I have not played here in quite a while. I am used to 2 week days and was assuming votes would be starting to cement at that point in the game. I have forgotten that people are much more fickle with their votes here - wasn't expecting votes to change that much.

On MS, if there is 8 hours left in the day, the Town is really scrambling to get a lynch before EOD. Usually the Game doesn't even see 8 hours before EOD to put things in perspective. Like I said, I am used to 2 week days not 2 day days.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Lol, seriously @Desthro - you're basing a scum read on me, on the fact my first post after catching up last night was addressing someone's scum read of me?
If it's all I have to go on, sure. I don't place someone in null just because I don't have enough to read them (barring AFKs of course) I look at what they have posted, and if it's all crap, they get put in the maybe-scum list. When they actually do more stuff, they get reanalyzed and moved accordingly. When that list was done, you'd literally posted next to nothing, and the few stuffs that came out was, shall we say, not exactly appealing. You also seem to be critical of me but not of the other person that put you in the scum list too. And you asked them how you might change their minds. Why treat me differently?

-Desthro has ignored me entirely...except for shading the hell out if me by isolating my first of many posts today as scummy. In our previous games he is fairly agreeable toward me when we are both town. This is is a 180 from that.
We actually don't have any previous games that are completed yet AFAIK (seeing as the one we were in is still OPEN). I haven't actually posted much to disagree with you on much of anything today either. Right now, you are being pressured, and it might seem like it is unfair pressure, and most of your posts are simple refutes and gifs. IF you are town, do what we've asked and give us some stuff to chew on. I'm not saying you ARE scum but I know you can put out better.

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,115 Posts
It's was not "because you told me to". It was, because you think it's not the right path, I town read you. I agree that lynching poxy would give us the least information especially if she's town.
Okay, so what info can we get from Kito if he's Town/Scum? We'd have the same amount on both which would be very little (only to look at their wagons if they're Town).

I can't tell if they're Town or Scum. That's the problem.

No it's not. Their vote isn't on Worldz. Why should I bother specifically lobbying for the other people to basically not vote Worldz when I have no other strong lynch candidate. That's silly. It's one thing to try to lobby people away from a lynch they are voting on or to lobby for a lynch on a person who people aren't voting. Lobbying for people who aren't currently voting on someone to continue to not vote them is just a waste of space imho.
Who's vote isn't on Worldz? I'm confused. You said that people won't move off their votes when I said about if you think Worldz is Town, why wouldn't you try and at least encourage it so that someone you think is Town is saved, even if the 3 or so people on him don't move.

So yeah, I meant why won't you try to show people who you think is more deserving of a wagon than people you read as Town?

I think the wagons are probably mostly clean. I think scum is sitting back and not doing anything. Why bother getting involved when town can split their votes between two town wagons.
This could be a possibility. This was the last (official) vote count:

Azure the Dreamer - 2 - Desthro, Memory of Talon
Polexia - 1 - TrippedOnReality, WorldzMine,
WorldzMine - 4 - Kaleidoscope, benr3600, because_why_not, darcstar3
benr3600 - 1 - QuickTwist

What do you think of Azure, who has been present but hasn't voted.

Have you voted since, @Azure the Dreamer?

I disagree. Kito is here responding to posts. That is a lot different than Poxy who hasn't showed up.
He hasn't been here for long though. I still think if you look at from an info perspective, we'd get the same as we would from Poxy.

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,115 Posts
My vote should be on ben right now. I thought the idea of putting pressure on a lurker would be a good idea. Turns out I was wrong because Polexia still hasn't posted anything at all, which I don't like at all. Ghost also hasn't made a post. This is concerning me quite a bit actually.

Also I followed up that reason with another which can be found here:

I have not played here in quite a while. I am used to 2 week days and was assuming votes would be starting to cement at that point in the game. I have forgotten that people are much more fickle with their votes here - wasn't expecting votes to change that much.

On MS, if there is 8 hours left in the day, the Town is really scrambling to get a lynch before EOD. Usually the Game doesn't even see 8 hours before EOD to put things in perspective. Like I said, I am used to 2 week days not 2 day days.
As I said, I'm in two places in the thread right now because I don't want to miss out on what's happening now and I dont want to not know what's already gone on (which is why I asked you to fill me on- so thanks for that).

If it was just for pressure, I get that. I also accept and don't like the problem that lurkers are in a Null state, but I'm just against it D1 for reasons explained.

Since you wrote your list has your opinion on anyone changed?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

If the wagons are T/T in your opinion, why aren't you fighting harder to avoid a mislynch? I saw that you voted Kito in order to generate some sort of pressure after @Because_why_not convinced you that voting polexia was a bad idea (agree), but with this explanation you voted for Kito because he's responding and because of his meta suggests that he might be scum?

That seems premature to me.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You've been lying and putting words in my mouth all game. I questioned your value to town, given your supposed new approach due to mislynching...someone in an all town bastard game day...

And I still find that entire diatribe to be 100% BS. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually responded that way to D0's result genuinely, and used it as an opportunity to justify not going hard on scummy players today so you have an excuse not to lynch a scummate.
1) I have not been lying or putting words in your mouth, I have been giving my perspective on things.

Example of it being difficult to see where you are coming from seen here:

In case it still counts, <<vote: poxy>>
yeah, I think this is your last vote, however, I have seen you pushing for a Worldz lynch recently.
No, I was explaining how squirming under the pressure was NAI.
This stems from a misunderstanding. I was talking about Worldz being aggressive and stream of consciousness and you were viewing it as "flailing." That is the difference. And I just realized this now.

2) People's "Value to Town" isn't something I take into account when coming up with reads. You are piggybacking off Azure's idea.

3) "someone in an all town bastard game day" I have no idea what this means.

4) You haven't seen me play before. On this site I am known as the asshole around here.

5) "
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually responded that way to D0's result genuinely," claim A
"
and used it as an opportunity to justify not going hard on scummy players today so you have an excuse not to lynch a scummate." Claim B

Claim A says I am Town while Claim B says I am Scum. This is my problem with you.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
@Kito

What do you think of TrippedOnReality's scum-meta read on you?

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,534 Posts
If the wagons are T/T in your opinion, why aren't you fighting harder to avoid a mislynch? I saw that you voted Kito in order to generate some sort of pressure after @Because_why_not convinced you that voting polexia was a bad idea (agree), but with this explanation you voted for Kito because he's responding and because of his meta suggests that he might be scum?

That seems premature to me.
How does this seem premature?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Okay, so what info can we get from Kito if he's Town/Scum? We'd have the same amount on both which would be very little (only to look at their wagons if they're Town).

I can't tell if they're Town or Scum. That's the problem.
If he's scum, who cares if we get nothing from the interactions between him and other people.

Who's vote isn't on Worldz? I'm confused. You said that people won't move off their votes when I said about if you think Worldz is Town, why wouldn't you try and at least encourage it so that someone you think is Town is saved, even if the 3 or so people on him don't move.

So yeah, I meant why won't you try to show people who you think is more deserving of a wagon than people you read as Town?
If it weren't D1, I might actually have a more deserving candidate. But so far you've shot down everyone that I've voted for as an option because you aren't willing to lynch less active people, even though I've stated reasons other than lack of activity for voting for Kito, so I don't know what you want me to do here. I think the wagons are shit. People who haven't voted are not here to vote.

This could be a possibility. This was the last (official) vote count:

Azure the Dreamer - 2 - Desthro, Memory of Talon
Polexia - 1 - TrippedOnReality, WorldzMine,
WorldzMine - 4 - Kaleidoscope, benr3600, because_why_not, darcstar3
benr3600 - 1 - QuickTwist

What do you think of Azure, who has been present but hasn't voted.
I don't remember if Azure revoted. He was keeping a vote count early. I think he's just frustrated town.

He hasn't been here for long though. I still think if you look at from an info perspective, we'd get the same as we would from Poxy.
He's my highest scum candidate as of right now. If he's scum, great, we lynched scum D1. And we'd at least get some potential information based on some interactions which, would be more than no interactions.

Who would be your second prefered lynch candidate?

1001 - 1020 of 2586 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.