Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attack of the Attention Horde!!

This game is for true attention whores only. There will be no Town, Mafia, or Third Party alignments. You are a team all on your own, because You're AWESOME!!

Votes are by popularity and taken at Night. Please submit your Top 3 candidates for Ultimate Attention Whoredom (you may, of course, vote yourself first *wink*). The player or players with the least amount of votes will die as they are not cool enough for the ultimate prize. If there is a tie for the least amount of votes then the player eliminated will be determined by random draw. Players with no votes are immediately eliminated.

Popularity can be increased through witty, humorous, sarcastic, graphical, or provoking posts. If that fails, more posts are more!!

Only those who are mentioned in the sign-up thread will be allowed to play:

*** @SocioApathetic (Need I say more?), @J Squirrel (Quote Bomber and Admitted Braggart), @Sonny (Troll Extraordinaire), @cue5c (Mafia Diva), @kaleidoscope (Hot-Headed Miss Thang), @PurpleApple (Wonderful Me), @SomePeter (Newbie Confessed Whore), @timeless (self-proclaimed King of Mafia), @Space Cat (Leader of the Minion Army), @Maybe (Sexy Tigress), @Spades (Queen of Spades), @Alecto (Drama Queen), @Ananael (Post Bomber), @Kito (for the lols and mentions when he isn't even present), @benr3600 (Cray, Cray BATMAN!) ***

If you are mentioned by another player in sign-ups it is proof that others acknowledge your Attention Whoreness.

You are allowed to self-mention in sign-ups as all attention whores understand the value of self-promotion.

*** @L0ro has kindly volunteered to moderate so that I, The Great and Mighty @Pucca, will be able to play. :blushed:
You may concede my victory Now. ***

*ends shameless self-promotion*

So basically about a week or so I thought it would be cool if we had a Mafia Game Trailer's Thread where we could post and view previews to upcoming games so that people could plan to be around or available when the game begins so that they don't miss out on a really fun game. So yes @Pucca was my inspiration for this and I encourage other moderators to post their game trailers/previews etc. on here as well. I'll be posting a preview for mine momentarily so I guess this sums it up. I'm just really excited about it to keep it a secret for too much longer.

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to be able to mod this game in January if possible because I'll only be taking one class during this month so it work better for this way.

Mafia Mini Owner's Chaos (13)

Introduction
You will be told your alignment, character and/or quirk at the beginning of the game in QTs. Actual abilities won’t be revealed until day 1’s night phase.

This is a closed-experimental, power madness game if you’re easily confused you might want to reconsider playing this game.

You have to be a veteran to play.

If you think your role is overpowering, it probably is because they all are. (mwahahaha)
There are at least 5 mechanics/roles with in this game that were made with @Sonny and @Grim in mind.

Upon seeing who your character is, there is a chance that there are more characters from that particular show, book, or movie in this game, but if there is they will be a different alignment than you.

Days
Day 1 will 72 hours.
All days following that will be 24 hours.
Twilight before nighttime will last 15 minutes while twilight before daytime will be allotted up to an hour of time to get all night actions accounted for.
Nights will all be 23 hours. At that time, I will call twilight for the morning in each QT. After that point i will not receive anymore night actions until the next night.
Days and Nights will be adjusted if the mod seems fit to do so.

The No’s
No Role Claiming (some abilities can change from day to day).
No Role Hinting
No Character Claiming (roles and abilities are very character specific)
No Character Hinting
No mafia day chat.
No quoting from inside your QTs.
No personal attacks on other people.
No discussing this game outside of this thread or the graveyard or your QTs.

Roles
If you have multiple abilities, you can only use them one at a time (not two on the same night).

*Some roles must submit an action or otherwise be randomized.

Wincons/Alignments
There will be 4 different wincons/alignments.
Voting
Voting examples vote cue5c and unvote sonny
-Do not to use red bold for anything accept for voting
Ties votes at the end of the day result in a no lynch
Once twilight is called no more votes will be counted unless changed by another ability

-------------------------------------------------

Some of this stuff may change, but at the moment it is what it is, and I'm super excited to mod this game.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
In that case, welcome to Veteranhood! *gives you a sash and a badge* You are now empowered with the helping of teaching noobs! :laughing:
And of course, bringing more n00bs in, right?

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,151 Posts
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Roles

6 vanilla town:
  • Twilight Sparkle
  • Rarity
  • Applejack
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Rainbow Dash
  • Fluttershy
Wincon: Eliminate all mafia.

6 mafia goons:
  • Nightmare Moon
  • Trixie
  • Discord
  • Ahuizotl
  • Queen Chrysalis
  • King Sombra
Wincon: Eliminate all town.

Setup and Rules

• No one knows who anyone is.
  • Starting Day 1, a player will be nominated via voting as such: <<NOMINATE Spades>>. You may not nominate yourself. The player with the most nominations will get to investigate someone's alignment. They will receive the result as soon as night is called or the mod sees their submission during the night, at which point they will be placed in a Night QT with that person. Ties result in random nomination.
  • Starting Day 2, lynches are mandatory. Vote as such: <<VOTE Spades>>. Nominations continue as normal.
  • No character claiming allowed under any circumstance. Alignment-claiming is okay. Keep in mind that a tie results in a loss for both teams.
  • This game is meta-heavy and WIFOM-heavy, so be prepared!
  • All other mafia and forum rules apply.
Sorry if the formatting/fonts turns out messed up! I'm on my linux machine right now.

Suggestions on how to prevent game breakage (e.g. 2 confirmed townies + 2 confirmed mafia left = tie = lose!) is highly appreciated! This setup is very risky so I'm considering putting in a third party that can choose whether they investigate as town or mafia each night to make it more exciting.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
@Spades...I actually really like it! *thumbs up* Third party would be ok, not necessarily necessary.

The big question is, how are kills accomplished? Is it lynch only?

If so, then a few confirmed town or mafia could lynch to the end, but an SK could change that dynamic.
Very interested in where you go with this one. :kitteh:

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,151 Posts
@Spades...I actually really like it! *thumbs up* Third party would be ok, not necessarily necessary.

The big question is, how are kills accomplished? Is it lynch only?

If so, then a few confirmed town or mafia could lynch to the end, but an SK could change that dynamic.
Very interested in where you go with this one. :kitteh:
Yes, it's lynch-only. So now I'm wondering if I should place an optional NK in the night rooms, include a third party, or just leave it as is and hope for the best. =3

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Yes, it's lynch-only. So now I'm wondering if I should place an optional NK in the night rooms, include a third party, or just leave it as is and hope for the best. =3
Benr and I are doing a game where there's a random NK given to town each night.. you might do that for scum

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,151 Posts
Benr and I are doing a game where there's a random NK given to town each night.. you might do that for scum
Scum don't know each other.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Scum don't know each other.
I know. And town don't know each other in our game.. an Nk is given to a random town player.. and they have to guess. it results in some accidental friendly fire... but makes it VERY interesting

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,151 Posts
I know. And town don't know each other in our game.. an Nk is given to a random town player.. and they have to guess. it results in some accidental friendly fire... but makes it VERY interesting
I think I will make a NK optional in the night rooms. That should spice it up nicely =)

1 - 20 of 656 Posts