Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 902 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunset Boulevard - The Hollywood Golden Age

Amid the glitz and glamour of the Hollywood golden age lies the truth behind fame and fortune and the pursuit of the "American Dream." Rushing to California, many struggling artists of the screen fight the politics of success to become the face of celebrity. What does it take to earn a spot on the highway billboard?

California, "the place where people come to die." -West (Day of the Locust)

----------​

The Game​

~This game is lightly quirked and generously WIFOM'ed~​

There are three major production companies: MGM, Fox, and Paramount.

Each day phase, players will elect three celebrities to be interviewed by each production company. At the start of a new day phase, players will learn whether the production company has decided to produce the film starring the interviewed celebrity (whether they believe the player is TOWN or NOT TOWN). There are two production agents in each company.

To elect a celebrity, please vote: <<Elect Cue5c>> or <<Elect Humphrey Bogart>>

These votes must be bracketed and bolded (and in purple). They will not be otherwise counted.

----------

Lynches will be determined by majority votes at the end of the day phase. Double lynches will not be allowed. If there is a tie, there will be no lynch. To vote a player for the lynch, please vote: <<Vote Cue5c>> or <<Vote Humphrey Bogart>>

These votes must be bracketed and bolded (and in red). They will not be otherwise counted.

----------

Mechanics:

*Day 1 will be 72 hours long. Every subsequent day will be 48 hours. Night phases will be 24 hours.
*When there are 5 players left in the game, no more elections for interviews will be allowed.
*Role claiming is allowed.
*Twilight will be called 30 minutes before day end. Twilight is counted by the timestamp of posts. For example, a vote that is made at 8:30pm EST will be counted even if the timer runs out. A vote that is made at 8:31pm EST will NOT be counted.
*Day start/end will be at 9pm EST.
*This game is semi-closed and experimental.
*There are 15 players. 10 town, 4 mafia, and 1 3p.
*Celebrities are NOT alignment indicative.

----------

Rules:

*Game and forum rules apply.
*Please do not attack players - doing so may result in a modkill (let's keep this game friendly).
*If you have questions, please ask them in your QT.
*Do not discuss this game outside of the game thread or in your QTs.
*Do not copy and paste QT material into the game thread. Paraphrasing is okay.
*Do not post after the day phase has ended. Days end at 9pm EST. Whether the day end post is posted or not, after 9pm EST, DO NOT POST! 9pm marks the END of the day phase. Do not wait for me to tell you that. Consider this your warning. lol
*Try your best to participate in this game. As sign-ups were a struggle, no one signed up as a replacement. Replacing your role may be next to impossible. If an emergency happens (sometimes life does happen), I will likely have to modkill your role. If this can be avoided, I'd greatly appreciate it.
*You must post at least THREE game related posts each day phase. Failure to do so may result in a modkill.

------------

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Audrey Hepburn: Veggie
Buster Keaton: Jawz
Gregory Peck: Revival
Elizabeth Taylor: Expy
Clarke Gable: Edison
Ginger Rogers: BlueChristmas06
Fred Astaire: Yasuo
Debbie Reynolds: TheProphetLaLa
Maureen O'Hara: Braided Pain
Charlier Chaplin: GIA Diamonds
John Wayne: Fear Itself
Grace Kelly: SevSevens
Joan Crawford: Owner of a Lonely Heart
Judy Garland: WorldzMine
Marilyn Monroe: Grim​

@Veggie
@Jawz
@Revival
@Expy
@Edison
@BlueChristmas06
@Yasuo
@TheProphetLaLa
@braided pain
@GIA Diamonds
@Fear Itself
@SevSevens
@Owner Of A Lonely Heart
@WorldzMine
@Grim
@lolthevoidlol
@Klais
@Garden Gnome
@pivot_turn
@Lady Alette
@Theobruh

Countdown Timer - Countdown to May 7, 2016 9:00 PM in Springfield, Massachusetts

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,240 Posts
Well, she posted in the sign up thread that she wanted to start the game early so I assume we can post. But if she hops in here and says otherwise I'll stop for sure.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welp its too late now. We already posted. I'm curious to know what the deal is with the production agents and interviews. Can we use this to our advantage or is it just fluff?
On one hand, it kind of sounds like an investigation mechanic, but on the other hand, it sounds like the production agents will decide on the alignment vs. an actual investigation. But I really don't know. It could be something totally different than what I am thinking here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clark* Gable. Sorry for the second typo (damn Percocet haha). I thought I was doing so well, too! I was so proud of myself after I posted that. Haha.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I unfortunately don't know my character that well. I'll probably post some pictures of her eventually, but right now I just feel like enjoying what I do know about this era of filmography.

1 - 20 of 902 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.