Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1621 - 1640 of 3826 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I have been trying to find evidence to support or go against a Micah/Flourine pairing. I see the vote that Micah made yesterday that makes it look like he was paired with flourine, but I'm not so sure based on his mango vote shortly after. (I couldn't come to any conclusions.)

Post 547:

I am wondering, however, if flourine who is paired with Micah, dumps a mafia read on his partner so early like this. Even thought we can't trust our partners right off, I think there's a default initial trust. If that makes sense. I also think it's pretty anti self preservative for a D1 read. Maybe it's a playstyle thing, but I think I have a hard time believing that someone doesn't spend more time thinking about a scum read of their partner before sharing it in the thread.
It was actually that very post from Flourine that made me very suspicious.
The fact it was entirely fabricated, made no sense from a town angle.
I've been fairly open about the fact I have history with this game, and if I admitted to being mafia, why wouldn't they quote that?
It's quite bizarre.
Honestly, this game has had a few surprises. Mango and Flourine both being among them.

Anyway, back to reading through like 20 pages, I go.
If you have any questions, just tag me.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Also, Micah is a terminator.

But a terminator can also be mafia, too.

If not Earth, we must vote off Micah; or the Vig can target him.
Okay, the fact I'm not terminator aside...

If terminator means I am either town or scum, you effectively have no more knowledge than you have for anyone here (unless you're scum)

If you're a town member, everyone here is either town or scum, how would I be any different?
That is rather shite logic.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Theoretically, someone can be a Mafia Terminator, right? After all, the name of the game is trust, so Micah was told to break off with Flour asap. Someone might also be a Town Terminator. Terminator is not a power role as much as it's the equivalent of a one time ability, like using a special potion. Otherwise, being a terminator does not guarantee affiliation either way.
Okay, so let's hear this out.

Micah claims vt, which as an 85% chance of death, and 15% chance of survival.
Micah claims he survived. (Which he did)

Your theory is that because he survived, he (is)...
1.Terminator, which can be either alignment. 2.Mafia. 3.Was told to terminate Flour ASAP (also, why would he have to be told to terminate ASAP, when a self pres case is much more obvious. Occam's razor is your friend.) 4.Needs to die because of all of these assumptions.

This is roughly equivalent to staring at the sun, starting a religion, and weaving some acid trip fanfic that implicates half the world of crimes that only make sense in your fanfic. Your logic is shite, once again.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I can only think that he either knew flourine was going to get lynched soon any way.
So why bring down himself.

Or perhaps flourine actually want him to break it off, they didn't seem too interested in the game.

^ as acceptable termination that is on his part.
Thank you for using logic. haha

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Only think that really sticks out to me is pretty consistent shading of Earthious.
I have no clue what GoGirl is like as a player in general, as I have no prior experience, but I do know that a lot of scum players have a strange idea that proper distancing entails incessant pushing.
An example of what I mean, if you feel like looking at it, would be SPN, with Rinnie. A dozen people would town read her, but she'd only ask me to explain...repeatedly.
Holding someone to a higher standard than everyone else, is a nasty tell.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Hmmm @TrippedOnReality , it wouldn't make sense that @Earthious would be targeted by Gogirl if they were both scum.

This also gives me a town read on you, too.

But Occam is coming after her now.

**Vote Occams Chainsaw**
It would make sense.
Furthermore, it would be a bit noobish to use that as a defence of someone suspected of scum- even moreso to vote someone suspecting.
Tell me, are you teamed with Moon?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
GoGirl, Micah, Earth, ?, (half hawk because of this weird 'lets drop it'), (slim blue 'vibes')... and it trails off like that. 6 mafia is too many, I think
You may find it strange that certain people clear me so easily, but quite simply, Hawk, Mooni, somewhat Gia, and perhaps some others I'm thinking of, have known me for a while, and have played me before.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think Micah could be scum though especially if he's trying to mislead us regarding flourine' true partnership.

For now, I'm considering voting for Magic Micah but I don't want to commit to a vote until later in the day.
Why the hell would I even consider misleading regarding partnership?
Did you not think about the fact it would be far more convenient to hint at being partnered with the dead scum?
I'm really struggling to think about what would actually benefit me about lying in this case?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
He also lied yesterday when he said he was vanilla town and he's a terminator. So lets answer that first.
It's not a lie.
Why do you instantly assume something is a lie, when the reality is not so far fetched?
It's one thing to suggest, it's another to proclaim.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I don't see him as being clumsy enough to fabricate being VT, then deliberately terminate flourine, then heavily legally hinting at being flourine's partner in thread, if he was scum trying not to get lynched. If you're trying to argue him as scum, your best bet is probably to say he saw how close flourine came to being lynched yesterday and decided to escape before he could get lynched too, thus necessitating the new claim. As opposed to saying that him lying about being flourine's partner makes him scum, because what has that achieved other than throwing him in the limelight?

(That's actually kinda concerning, heh)
Excellent point.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
***Vote Magic Micah***

Okay so we all know he made a huge deal out of claiming VT yesterday. Which means if he's a "Terminator" or something like that he lied after the whole "trust" speech.
Assumption.

He essentially claimed (without officially claiming) that he ended his partnership last night.
Fact

If he did that as VT (as he claimed) then he took an 85% of dying and somehow beat the odds
Fact

which is unlikely for both reasons.
Technically a fact.

If that's unlikely then it means he's the Teminator and like I said was originally lying after the "claim" and "trust" stuff. So much is wrong with all this. I feel comfortable with my vote.
Assumption.

The foundation of your vote is pure assumption, let's not pretend it's any more than that.
Feeling comfortable in such a weak vote only serves to make one wonder if you know things that the rest of us do not...

·
Registered
16 Posts
We now know flourine is a good townie.

At one point during lynch, flourine gained three votes. (It's still my current read that this was an attempt to save Tripped/partner, and when that didn't work out, the lynch got diverted to mango instead.)

flourine (3) - WorldzMine (857), BroNerd (933), TrippedOnReality (960)​

I think it's kind of interesting that two of the flourine voters are now voting the assumed flourine partner.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If Micah is now single, isn't that a perfect place for a cop check? There's no ambiguity on who the result will be on. Obviously leaving it up to the cop, but just tossing that out there.
Single, just for you. ;)

lol okay, yes.
I fully support this idea.
It's a simple solution that serves to show that I am not mafia.

The only consideration is that since I am a vt, it means the cop will technically be losing a night that could be used to find scum (which as a counterpoint, would likely result in a mixed read, if I paid enough attention to the OP)

So I guess I mostly support this idea.
Still, it's something.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
We now know flourine is a good townie.

At one point during lynch, flourine gained three votes. (It's still my current read that this was an attempt to save Tripped/partner, and when that didn't work out, the lynch got diverted to mango instead.)
flourine (3) - WorldzMine (857), BroNerd (933), TrippedOnReality (960)​

I think it's kind of interesting that two of the flourine voters are now voting the assumed flourine partner.
That's an interesting point of view.
I might also add, that what I briefly saw of the ISO of BroNerd.. Everything was aimed at either Pariah or I.
Pariah being mostly AFK, but rather pointed toward me as well.

Pariah, Worldz, BroNerd? Idk about Tripped, but that three could have a connection.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Ok, just want to clarify this.

Micah has to be teamed with one of the three flips, correct? Otherwise, he would be outed to his buddy right now.

Micah x fourine --->micah is telling the truth, ? NK

Micah x GoG ---> micah just killed his buddy, so town.

Micah x GG ---> Flourine and GoG teamed, flour GoG split? Micah gg targeted for nk, micah town.

So his claim doesn't mean scum, rsther were just working with something weird which we can wait to figure out day 3.

Carry on =D
This is the kind of thing that helps me regain a little faith in you.
At this point, there would be enough weight that from a scum perspective, I would be an easy choice to focus on for a lynch.
Granted, buddying is still a possibility, and I'll probably not stop having a tinge of paranoia, but meh.

·
Registered
22 Posts
...Hello? Happy to join you here, I suppose. Would anyone be willing to inform me of the basic details of the situation? Who's dead, and who were they? Above, I can see Flourine was Town... what?

1621 - 1640 of 3826 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.