Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 2300 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
is there any danger in everyone getting an extra gold N1, cheaper alliance or a day qt? like the benefits seem good but is their any risk to do so? :unsure:
There are inherent risks in all the resolutions aside from the quirk one really. However, short term the first three only affect things in a positive way and can only really be risky in the very long term, for example, with the loan shark quirk. At this stage of the game no one should have any QTs or allies so the only difference will be in how people save gold or use their perks

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,675 Posts
Also keep in mind that (1) would unduly benefit anybody who has either through character or choice the Rich perk. But I'm still not entirely sure how spending money works rn.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Darc said she'd be away for the next few days so her time on here will be limited.

I don't know if it really matters too much though.

Why would you choose her though?
Do you want the first King to be someone attentive who schemes from the off or someone that will neglect their duties D1 and be of little help to everyone else?

I was mostly picking her to make up for letting her die in my first game here.

I'm not in favor of giving every player extra gold. I'd rather encourage players to spend their gold in areas less likely to result in death. Res 3 (24hour QT) as it encourages conversation without forming an official alliance or 14 (double the cost of espionage) as it keeps us all on whatever footing we currently have.

Or we pass resolution 6 and stop whoever we make King from forming an alliance N1. Give with one hand and take with the other.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
There are inherent risks in all the resolutions aside from the quirk one really. However, short term the first three only affect things in a positive way and can only really be risky in the very long term, for example, with the loan shark quirk. At this stage of the game no one should have any QTs or allies so the only difference will be in how people save gold or use their perks
Mis quoted. See above

·
Bored and lazy
4,278 Posts
Phew, spent most of the day traveling, got dark before we got close enough to see mt fuji =(
Checked into the hotel, got dinner, and finally back at the hotel to sleep

In the end I voted for the resolution that reduces the cost of alliances because i think it's good to start that off and none of us have that much money, so it'll benefit us most now
Voted bwn for king... Bwn, lol
But also, they're the person i trust the most in general, the other good players i know well can be... Schemey (made a new word) or otherwise unpredictable >.<

Night

·
Registered
298 Posts
Why on earth would you say that?
You were correct in saying perk 1 favors anyone who already had a lot of gold, had the rich perk, etc.

If leveling the playing field was something people actually cared about than letting the poorer players get up to speed seems like the best option.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Would have thought that would be a given?

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,675 Posts
Phew, spent most of the day traveling, got dark before we got close enough to see mt fuji =(
Checked into the hotel, got dinner, and finally back at the hotel to sleep

In the end I voted for the resolution that reduces the cost of alliances because i think it's good to start that off and none of us have that much money, so it'll benefit us most now
Voted bwn for king... Bwn, lol
But also, they're the person i trust the most in general, the other good players i know well can be... Schemey (made a new word) or otherwise unpredictable >.<

Night
I'm voting to make you Queen since I trust what you've said here.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Just to be transparent, I picked resolution 1 because lol free moneys and voted Stopwatch for Queen because her first post about the resolutions was really good and her intentions seemed pure. #runonsentencemuch

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
If we actually wanted to level the playing field we'd choose 12.
*squints* no one is poor yet. How does 12 level the field more.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
*squints* no one is poor yet. How does 12 level the field more.
People who started out with the least resources- IE: those with the Large Military perk, will receive extra gold. Those who didn't? Well, looks like you're out of luck.

161 - 180 of 2300 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.