Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1321 - 1340 of 2880 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
Thanks, was thinking of voting for you based on my misinterpretation.
No worries. Yeah, I'd see why. To make it extra clear: I have no idea what I think of Dyslexicon at this point in time because I haven't the faintest of what's going on inside his head. P: No clue about his focus or anything.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
No worries. Yeah, I'd see why. To make it extra clear: I have no idea what I think of Dyslexicon at this point in time because I haven't the faintest of what's going on inside his head. P: No clue about his focus or anything.
That's FWeak wording :D

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
On Clov: fmpov
Clov was going all antispew vs everybody while ranting.
So I offer him to either leverage what I had said or to give me a deadline.
He opted to vote against me instead of providing content/reacting to my content.

He, then went silent, while I was continuing to brute force the thread. -> no content, or at least not something I'm happy with.
But when pressure went off me (which Liz tried to continue adding btw).
So, yeah, he committed to a basic case of DFS (which is not really alignment indicative, but I find it annoying for a D1).

But maybe it's you QT, the scum in the story.
What if he thinks what most people are thinking at this point and would just rather avoid engaging with you because you are so hard to follow?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
What if he thinks what most people are thinking at this point and would just rather avoid engaging with you because you are so hard to follow?
More Ne-candy, tyvm, but I'm full already :D

·
Mafia Goddess
3,899 Posts
1.Why couldn't you answer the other questions? They are literally the same things asked and no one is restricting you from answering basic read questions.

2. Didn't you say wiki was a rvs vote?

3. why not just go after a null or scum read instead of wiki, who could be town iyo. It's day one.

4. So now shade? Because earlier you explicitly said you won't share.

5. Yeah you have said that. I have also answered. So do you have a problem with my style or you think it's scummy? (Since only "pay attention to it")

6. you've said this in about every post to me. Anything new or spefic on the matter? Also, this hasn't been followed up with anything else that looks scummy, since you did find this concernung.

7. But why can't you answer? Could you explain why you're so opposed to answering the specific questions you've said no to? I know you've given reasons in the graveyard, but I want to hear them in game.

Aslo, every time I call you town, you give me implications you read me as town. Everytime I read you as scum, I become full scum read.

Rekd

This I can sheep
<<Vote liz>>

Also, whenever I post the vote formatting from my clipboqrd, it has autofill in options for players names from mafia. Such goat, I can't :'D

Also liz, would you consider this post to match my town meta posts? (Cause it should)
okay, I'm returning to this before eating breakfast...brunch...and catching up on the thread because I think this is important. What I think its significance is will depend on what happened next. I'll let you know what my full thoughts are on the matter after I finish catching up.
@Earthious, I want you to save this post. I'm going to save it. So then the next time you claim that I haven't told people what my reads are then you can reference it and I can reference it.

I was actually going to answer these questions last night until I saw that flashing red OMGUS vote at the end. Then I said no. Because I have said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't respond to threats. So I don't really care if you vote me. I already said I'm fully prepared/expect to die early in any game.

And I debated whether to respond to it at all this morning for the same reasons. Then I realized it would be petty. And it really doesn't matter, because if you're scum I'm quite frankly going to make sure to neutralize anything you try to use to shade me from it anyway. So this is going to be a very detailed response. But for anyone complaining that I'm not answering questions or sharing information, you should also save this post.

My goals for D1 as town are pretty much always this: a) generate usable information for town to use later, b) give enough information regarding my alignment for town to be able to have some sense that I'm town. I think I've done both so far this game, but that's up to others to judge.

I've said from the beginning that there is some information which I will give up front (which I have, as I've been repeatedly been pointing out for anyone who is actually reading the thread) and other information that I'll hold onto until I feel more confident in the data that has come in and the strategic time for sharing it. i get why that's frustrating to people. Just be grateful I'm not doing the full cue5c on y'all :tongue: (I miss you, cue :sad:)

I will say that there were some things in my exchange with Earthi yesterday that were unfair of me to say- particularly in me stating that she was asking pointless questions. What I do stand by and what I've said earlier was this: her style of questioning does not remind me of her previous play. That in and of itself tells me nothing. But if I see something strange, I'm going to poke at it. And then see what happens when I poke. If I'm wrong, I put it out there for anyone else to correct my misperception. And sorry, Earthi, but you speaking for your own meta doesn't count. So if you think there is someone out there who can correct me on what you think I have wrong, and they haven't already done so, then please feel free to direct them to me.

When I poke at you, I'm not only poking you, but poking the thread. I already explained that when I explained to Grim (I believe) about my original poke on Morfy. More on that later though...

Okay, now the answers.

1.Why couldn't you answer the other questions? They are literally the same things asked and no one is restricting you from answering basic read questions.

I'm going to do a bit of back explanation on why I've been treating your demands for reads the way I have. I've already kind of explained parts of it in a way, but I'm going to put it here so that it's fully consolidated and you can't say you didn't see it.

I have been really really really clear to you every time you've said "what are your reads" that my reads are in the thread and that I will only give out my reads on players when I'm damn good and ready and I think the timing is strategic. I've actually given more information in the thread on what my reads on different players are than I typically would at this stage of the game. And the reasons for that is that I expect I'll die sooner than later because I can't help myself from playing all out in games and I know it puts a target on my back.

Here's what I'd expect you to do with my redirects as town player. I expect you to be frustrated. But then I expect you to pay really close attention to my posts, maybe even reread my old posts, to see if there's any merit to my claim that I've posted clear thoughts on different players throughout the game. Because if I was just diverting attention with that, you could then show evidence that I was lying. If I was telling the truth, then you could question me directly on the reads that I have made.

You basically ignored my redirections, and you only started questioning me on any reads after about 5 different go arounds on that, and then you didn't actually question me on my town reads (if I'm wrong on this, please quote your posts where you do so). You only attacked me on my scum reads/votes. It also seems to me that what was really bothering you was not so much my lack of reads on other players, but my lack of clearly stating what I thought of YOU. So that's problematic on multiple levels.

So does that make you scum? I don't know yet. As I explained last night how it would be problematic if you're town and how it's problematic if you're scum.

I'll give you the rest of my read on you specifically after I've caught up.

But if you'd followed my redirection, you should have been clearly able to discern the following from my conversations with other players.

That Alette, Excalibur, Seph, Dizzy, and Quick basically form my likely town pool, in no particular order.
That Clov, Grim, and Clyme (yes, I know - all the NTJs) are basically in my null pool, with Clov being the closest to town in that pool for me.
That I felt fairly good about Hawk after her big catchup post, but then her lack of follow up bothered me
That I felt really good about Worldz early on in the game, but his lack of follow up has bothered me.
That before my last big read through I was willing to go with a lynch on Wiki, Worldz, or Morfy. And that after my big read through I was frustrated with Wiki but decided that he was likely frustrated town.
That I was questioning whether you were town, and (this might have been less clear) that I was specifically pondering the possibility of you being SK.

So explain to me how all of this information was in anyway unclear if you were actually reading my posts rather than reacting to what you thought was my read on you.

2. Didn't you say wiki was a rvs vote?

I did. And again, if you were actually reading my posts for content you would see that I explained that a) wiki was originally an RVS vote b) I didn't feel good about his posting post RVS phase and I told him that I would decide on whether or not I thought the vote was justified after I finished my read through on him c) after the read through I decided to switch my vote on wiki to Morfybecause I felt like he was more likely frustrated town.

Again, if you had read my posts for this kind of information like I repeatedly asked you to, you should know this.

3. why not just go after a null or scum read instead of wiki, who could be town iyo. It's day one.

Read the above. An RVS vote is just an RVS vote. Whether or not I move it depends on the player's actions afterwards. There has been many a time when an RVS vote has led to an actual correct scum read on D1. I move it when I think it's beneficial and necessary. And it's been rare that my first vote of the day stays where it is by the end of the day. When that happens you know that I think i've actually hit scum. Like with Zombie in the last micro we played. I don't think you were in that game, but I believe you were in the graveyard, so you should have some idea about what this approach is about.

And you of all people know that a vote, especially early on D1, does not necessarily mean intention to lynch. So I have to question why you're trying to act as though a) my read on Wiki was static at any point in this game and b) I was trying to get him lynched from RVS

4. So now shade? Because earlier you explicitly said you won't share.
No, this is not shade. This is me stating facts of what my experience is.

And again: look at my posts and tell me where I said that I would never explicitly share information, because you've repeatedly tried to "shade" me with that claim. What I have said is that there is some information that I will only share when I feel the time is right. And the top part of my post proves that I have shared plenty of information for anyone who is actually interested in figuring out what my thoughts are

5. Yeah you have said that. I have also answered. So do you have a problem with my style or you think it's scummy? (Since only "pay attention to it")

I've also repeatedly said that I find your playstyle this game to be different and that I'm trying to figure out what that means in terms of your alignment. I also clearly stated to you early on that I had a theory about you. I find it interesting that you've been so frantic to know what my reads are, but you never asked me what the theory was. Which is one thing that pinged me. I also was very clear in that post that I was trying to figure out a way to test that theory. Which I've done. And now I'm analyzing the results. And I'll let you know what I really think when I catch up. Because that will be the right time :wink:

6. you've said this in about every post to me. Anything new or spefic on the matter? Also, this hasn't been followed up with anything else that looks scummy, since you did find this concernung.

Yes, i have said that repeatedly said that to you. I'll explain why it looks concerning.

Your play this game is reminding me of Zander's scum play at DM. You might not know what I'm talking about, but @Lady Alette, @Excalibur and @Clovdyx can weigh in on this one.

What I noticed about Zander when he's scum is that he has this tendency to ask people lots of questions, which makes him look on the surface as though he's being diligent town. But the questions don't really go anywhere.

As I said before, I've been accused of doing this too, so maybe it's unfair of me to assume that your questions didn't have a point.
My main point is: that style of questioning doesn't ring Earthi as either alignment to me. And I said, that makes me want to poke you to find out if my feeling on that is correct or not. Which I've done. Which is what has brought us here.

What concerns me the most is you repeatedly coming back to demand reads from me when I've already told you that my thoughts are readable in the thread (so either challenge me directly on that or actually read them, would be the appropriate response. I was giving you the opportunity to do this. When I see this, and there's no progression from the other person, I think two possiblities:

a) Either you're town who is stuck and not getting what I'm getting at and I don't know how to redirect you any better, and we're just going to keep going around in circles to the distraction of the thread.

b) You're scum and you're hoping to keep me going in frustrating circles to the distraction of the thread.

Either way, it winds up in the distraction of the thread. All you had to do is read my posts and we couldn't move on. So now I have to analyze why you wouldn't have just done that.

With Quick, for example, we went in circles for a while, but then he was able to actually explain himself to me and we could progress from there. With you that hasn't been happening.

7. But why can't you answer? Could you explain why you're so opposed to answering the specific questions you've said no to? I know you've given reasons in the graveyard, but I want to hear them in game.

No. Because if I tell you why I'm not answering the questions I've said no to, then the whole process becomes pointless, because what I'm looking for can then no longer be seen if the people I want to see it from know what I'm looking for. And I already told you that I would explain certain things before the end of D1. which I'm doing now.

Aslo, every time I call you town, you give me implications you read me as town. Everytime I read you as scum, I become full scum read.

This is also blatantly false, as I explained last night. I have yet to state that you are a full scum read at any point. If anything, your read on me seems to switch with your perception of my read on you. I'm assuming you answered my previous post on this matter, so but feel free to expand here if this issue is not already fully captured

Okay, I'm going to eat and then catch up. I look forward to thoughts - both the giving and the receiving.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
@Lizabeh a bit dead at work but to th above post. HELL NO

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
You are being avoidant, uncooperative and ultimately, hard to understand.
For what it's worth, I think I've played two games with him where he was town and he was like that for the totality of most of those games. Later on, he flips into this super cooperative "let's work together, clear up any misunderstandings, and maybe you can help me improve my game" sort of an attitude. A word of caution: don't take this behavior from him as an alignment tell. P:

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
For what it's worth, I think I've played two games with him where he was town and he was like that for the totality of most of those games. Later on, he flips into this super cooperative "let's work together, clear up any misunderstandings, and maybe you can help me improve my game" sort of an attitude. A word of caution: don't take this behavior from him as an alignment tell. P:
More oil on fire Clyme :D

1321 - 1340 of 2880 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.