Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 2595 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,246 Posts
Ooh, lala. We're in RVS, I see... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Wouldn't take the actions in D1 too seriously - or, not just D1, but the posts in the very beginning of it all. Anyway, disclaimer I won't be able to read or post all that often - or, at least, seriously, from 8:00 AM - 3:45 PM EST, weekdays. Will post more once I see a variety of interactions from more people or if someone posts a questionnaire but eh.

If it means anything, @Revival 's confidence so far makes me think townie over scum. Confidence can be a predictor of either alignments but from intuition, don't really see much of it.
Alright, no worries. It'd still be good to see you around at least a little, so as long as you're contributing something, that's positive.

I feel like it's a little early to start making assessments like that, but I'll take your perspective into consideration.
Slight buddying from Clyme encouraging Snowflake to talk more, @Clyme and @Savage Snowflake does this mean you skipped out on taking the day chat? (this is a serious question)

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
Slight buddying from Clyme encouraging Snowflake to talk more, @Clyme and @Savage Snowflake does this mean you skipped out on taking the day chat? (this is a serious question)
xP

What it means is that I don't want Snowflake to sink into the background just because she has to be away some of the time. While I'm not questioning the fact that she has other commitments, I still want to see effort here. As I've noted previously, it's far too easy for scum to just sink into the background and let town devour themselves.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Trigger Warning: seriously @girlinthemoon, why'd you leave without saying goodbye? :crying:

Nah, I'm good. Not really into the random voting thing - I'll vote when I feel good about my vote. Currently, I'm interested in how @michaelthemessiah 's posts seem frantic. He seems a bit nervous.
Could you go into this more or talk about his playstyle in general?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
xP

What it means is that I don't want Snowflake to sink into the background just because she has to be away some of the time. While I'm not questioning the fact that she has other commitments, I still want to see effort here. As I've noted previously, it's far too easy for scum to just sink into the background and let town devour themselves.
Devour is an interesting word choice. Not one, I'd personally pick in this setting.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
How do you know that mafia chose any abilities? o.o They can select 0-3 abilities.

I'm just weary of people who want to leave comments like that without actually providing an explanation. It's like planting seeds.

Whatever you can or cannot garner in terms of information does not mean that it is vague or "safe." I'm not sure what you would've had me say instead, as I answered your questions fully. Again, you're still not really explaining anything.

Thanks for clarifying. Is revival experienced then?
How would I know if mafia chose abilities? Those are just their role options. Are you implying that the two mafia strategy would forego all abilities and hope to cruise? You talk of me planting seeds, but that looks at lot like what you're currently doing. Looking for implications that aren't there.

Trigger Warning: red flags and FoS

For some of the veterans, day 1 is when we get the best reads. To me, this looks like you're indirectly distancing Clyme, buddying with Revival, and trying to make forget about early events day 1.

<<unvote lassie>>
<<vote Salvage Snowflake>>

And then also giving an excuse for your absence, when you could have mention this before the game started. But Idk, I know you are still new, but this behavior looks highly suspicious to me. I'll be watching you for sure.
Does your suspicious on Snowflake reflect on Clyme as well?

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
Anyway, @Owner Of A Lonely Heart, I want to hear your perspectives on a few things. Also, yes, this is a test so that I can assess whether your focus is appropriate or weird. Don't panic. <3

1. Do you think Snakespeare, by talking about the scum mechanics early on, was actually fishing for power-town as Act claimed? Do you think Act was genuinely concerned about PT-fishing, or does this seem projected?

2. Do you think Snakespeare's failure to take note of the mechanics involving the mafia team and the traitor was feigned as mafia, coming from a townie mindset, or some other interpretation?

3. Do you think Snowflake's helpful attitude and encouragement toward new players is sincere, and if so, do you think it comes from a town or scum mindset, or too hard to tell?

4. What do you think of Miyu? (Kind of a catch-all question here)

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
How would I know if mafia chose abilities? Those are just their role options. Are you implying that the two mafia strategy would forego all abilities and hope to cruise? You talk of me planting seeds, but that looks at lot like what you're currently doing. Looking for implications that aren't there.
Oh, actually, disregard that comment stiletto. You see, when you said something to the likes of "The 2 Mafia's Choices," I realize now that you were talking about the possible role options of the two goons, not that they selected two roles from the following possibilities. That was just a misunderstanding on my part, sorry. You're right, no implications there, just a misunderstanding.

It doesn't mean that I'm not weary of your response to my response to your questionnaire, but as far as my prior comment goes, I just misunderstood the first line of your post.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
@Revival Not right now, unless there's any further evidence against him besides intuition from, like, one post.
@Clyme Yeah, definitely. Learned from the last game I participated in. And yeah, I have an MU account and the way RVS goes vibes/feels fairly differently from PerC, both from watching and being involved in games. And just a personal opinion that I feel scum would be less inclined to attract this much attention towards themselves D1 but meh. Would rather not attract myself to the WIFOM-ing as I feel it to be counterproductive.
@Actvscenei Don't want to use it as a justification but I feel like this is his play in general, at least compared to one I played with him prior to this one. But something worth looking into if the nervousness leads to indecisiveness and becomes consistent throughout, yeah.
Trigger Warning: slightly defensive, seems convenient, *Owner wonders if the game is practically solved already but then again Owner knows to be wary of early scum deaths.*

A lot of the times scum slipping up is generally found out or caught by one post they made. Imo, your reasoning is weak for not voting for Clyme. If you truly believe Revival is town, then from my perspective maybe you should be more willing follow her lead, but then again, I'm gonna do my thing, which isn't always following people.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Oh, actually, disregard that comment stiletto. You see, when you said something to the likes of "The 2 Mafia's Choices," I realize now that you were talking about the possible role options of the two goons, not that they selected two roles from the following possibilities. That was just a misunderstanding on my part, sorry. You're right, no implications there, just a misunderstanding.

It doesn't mean that I'm not weary of your response to my response to your questionnaire, but as far as my prior comment goes, I just misunderstood the first line of your post.
Well then, let's talk strategy. Do you think Mafia would choose to NOT opt for any abilities and take on the entire game with just the two of them? If not, what roles would speculate they would benefit most from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts, Axwell. For me, personally, I don't have the same bad vibes toward Revival. I mean, their play is a bit weird, but they're also new and it's RVS. I think what I want to see most is other people start participating. It's far too easy for scum to lurk about and stay out of the spotlight. That's how town devours itself.

Also, @Revival, is this your very first game, or have you played mafia elsewhere?
I've played mafia elsewhere

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
All I know is that as scum, she's played a few games where she's just lurked in the background and let everybody murder themselves.

She did that in one game awhile ago. It drove me crazy. ><
Jeez who keeps track of this.
@Miyu, I tend to like keeping track your scummy behavior for the record.

Trigger Warnings: very direct, seems confident in a way, *could be mafia traitor, will have to see what else comes up in the mix*

·
Registered
ENTP 9w1 sx/so
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
@Dyslexicon I think I'm getting the idea. All roles in the set-up taken account of, what night actions would be taken account of first to last?
Action order:

Strongman
Roleblock
Bodyguard
Kill
Investigate

By the way, @Dyslexicon and @hawkataine, when you're around, I have questions in my qt for you folks.
Answered!

So for example, if Mafia decides to select a Mafia Bulletproof, @Dyslexicon would send out a townie role variation to one of the vanillas telling them they're... what? Innocent Child?

What are the "corresponding" roles? Or does no one know that and that's what we have to figure out?

So out of these options, Mafia can only choose 3?
There are no corresponding roles. Roles are randomized.

@Dyslexicon, can you clarify this for the entire game?

Are the two roles (Vanilla and Innocent Child) given at first, them Mafia chooses, and then town get additional number of corresponding roles afterward? Or is Innocent Child an indication that Mafia has for sure 1 mod?
To clarify for everyone, it goes like this:
All of town are Vanilla Townies to start with.
Mafia chooses 0-3 modifications.
Townies are notified in their QT if they become a power role.
There can be 2-5 power roles, depending on how the mafia chose. The power roles are randomized, and there can't be two of the same roles.

·
bleh bleh-BLEH
6,299 Posts
Questionnaire Time!!

1) What do you think of the RVS? Are you for or against it?

2) What is your opinion on pressure voting?

3) Which 3 roles do you think Mafia would have chosen?

4) How many games have you played? What is your town/scum role ratio?

5) Most people will have null reads this early in the game, who is on your radar (not necessarily scum or towny, but who are you keeping a watchful eye on at the moment)?
A1) For it. Once we see the flips, NKs, buddying/distancing, and reads, looking back on not just the RVS/D1 but the days early on in this game and the differences between interactions based off of events - especially unforeseen, will help with getting a better... idea on why someone may be doing and for whatever reason(s). In RVS, I think everyone is more vulnerable to slipping - which can be a good or a bad thing depending on which alignment you're in. I think it only really works if majority of townies choose to stay serious and focused. Consistently joking around strikes me as scummy, which is also why analysis in RVS is difficult to analyze objectively, especially if I haven't played in past games with certain people and don't know their "style". Which is why I don't pay too much attention to it until later on in the game, assuming I live that long.

A2) Not really for it, in all honesty. Especially if you're townie early on in the game and only really voting because of something as simple as a residing hunch and haven't considered other possibilities for scum. It does show you're confident, though. Whether that's scummy or not, I determine based off of the evidence that they have and how they've interacted with that user compared to others.

A3 - Ooh. Depends on the users, I suppose, and the dynamics of the combination. Here's the top two I'd imagine as a general for anyone who happened to find themselves as scum:
#1 - Role Cop
#2 - Bulletproof
Probably won't expand on my opinions until we get a better idea of the roles based off of flips and NKs', I suppose.

A4 - I think this is my fifth one. I've been townie four times and 3P once, but was planning to stick with townies anyway as my role allowed me to achieve my Wincon.

A5 - @Revival, for obvious reasons.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
Well then, let's talk strategy. Do you think Mafia would choose to NOT opt for any abilities and take on the entire game with just the two of them? If not, what roles would speculate they would benefit most from?
Alright, I'm up for that. Remember how I said that it depends on who the Mafia are? I actually meant that. I think veteran mafia would be less inclined to opt for day-chat. I also think veteran mafia would be less inclined to recruit the traitor since the traitor has a 1-shot BP otherwise and so there's a bit of a safety-net as far as night-kills go, and plus, it's a little bit of an unnecessary ability to take on when it adds another power role to town. As for the other roles, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that a role cop may be a likely addition above all the others. I have a few questions pending in my QT for Dyslexicon and that will inform some of my other thoughts. I'll also reveal more about what I think about the setup later too. There are a few thoughts I'd like to keep close for now, just so the mafia team doesn't know exactly what I'm looking for in them, but yeah, those are my preliminary thoughts.

Would you answer your own questionnaire now please, and also give me your thoughts on the same thing?

201 - 220 of 2595 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.