·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl.

(This is good practice, at least!)

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
I think the mafia games should be in their own subforum. Before I started playing, I had no idea how to get it involved. The subforum gives it a home base of sorts. Sucks though :/ Most of my posts came from here.
Seems I'm a bit outdated. Never mind me.

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
I voted to keep the sub-forum. I see what void has been saying and generally agree, but what's the point in having Treebob make us a sub-forum just to have him take it away? It's really just a waste of time.
On a side-note, I think it would be a good idea to have a 1-2 more mods, simply because of time-zone issues. What happens if a game is supposed to go into/end night at a time when, Loveternity is asleep, at school, working, etc. (sorry Love, forgot if you're a student or not).
On another side-note, I thought the editing thing was made clear. How was there a mix-up about it?

·
Banned
733 Posts
I voted to keep the sub-forum. I see what void has been saying and generally agree, but what's the point in having Treebob make us a sub-forum just to have him take it away? It's really just a waste of time.
On a side-note, I think it would be a good idea to have a 1-2 more mods, simply because of time-zone issues. What happens if a game is supposed to go into/end night at a time when, Loveternity is asleep, at school, working, etc. (sorry Love, forgot if you're a student or not).
On another side-note, I thought the editing thing was made clear. How was there a mix-up about it?
I think cooperation and contact with the mods with @Loveternity will easily clear this; simply make the start/stopping times agree with both their schedules. :)

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What happens if a game is supposed to go into/end night at a time when, Loveternity is asleep, at school, working, etc. (sorry Love, forgot if you're a student or not).
As sad as it is to admit, I am neither studying nor working at present. That may change, but for now I can manage. =P

Even if at some point I can't, I'll simply let the mods know and they'll work it out.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
A waste of time?

What's a waste is having a forum that doesn't give me what I want. Sanari's request was for a forum that disallowed editing. Pretty straight forward. We didn't get that, and we got the spam treatment with the no post count/ no thanking dictate.

It is not so simple to coordinate schedules. When I modded I had exactly one sliver of the day that was regularly available to me such that I could guarantee my day/night posts. If that sliver of the day does not coincide with the mod, I suppose I just can't run games anymore.

It is never a waste to choose the better option, regardless of how much work went into something that in the end is not what we wanted.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
A waste of time?

What's a waste is having a forum that doesn't give me what I want. Sanari's request was for a forum that disallowed editing. Pretty straight forward. We didn't get that, and we got the spam treatment with the no post count/ no thanking dictate.

It is not so simple to coordinate schedules. When I modded I had exactly one sliver of the day that was regularly available to me such that I could guarantee my day/night posts. If that sliver of the day does not coincide with the mod, I suppose I just can't run games anymore.

It is never a waste to choose the better option, regardless of how much work went into something that in the end is not what we wanted.
Well-deserved thank.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I've been playing longer than you, and I can recall exactly 1.5 maybe 2 shitstorms.

Which again, don't have to be shitstorms. We make them shit storms.

And I don't know where you get off implying that anyone here is against Loveternity. Check yourself.
Does that count when OGChris and PN should have been modkilled in the Titanomachy (2/5 of Titan faction) game? When the town and scum investigators should have been modkilled in Love's recent game? I've played in less games than you; thanks for reminding me, but I still remember two games that would have been FUBARed if the current system had been upheld. Sorry, but my cost/benefit analysis includes the utter destruction of games themselves.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Does that count when OGChris and PN should have been modkilled in the Titanomachy (2/5 of Titan faction) game? When the town and scum investigators should have been modkilled in Love's recent game? I've played in less games than you; thanks for reminding me, but I still remember two games that would have been FUBARed if the current system had been upheld. Sorry, but my cost/benefit analysis includes the utter destruction of games themselves.
That's a good point, having LVT be able to lock the threads will prevent incidents like what happened in Titanomachy because of Chronos (and allow other mods to use the mechanism if they choose to run a similar setup, whereas it might be unfeasible in the regular forum).

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I have an idea, all games start at a specific time, a time that is compatible with Love's schedule, since we seem to be always starting on an Eastern European time schedule anyway.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I like having a real Mafia-website style forum for Mafia. Other Mafia websites do not have thanking or editing, and mods can lock the thread at night, it just makes it closer to the way the game is intended to be played. I will lose most of my post count, leaving me with probably less than 500, but seriously, it's just a number, not a paycheck ;)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
That's a good point, having LVT be able to lock the threads will prevent incidents like what happened in Titanomachy because of Chronos (and allow other mods to use the mechanism if they choose to run a similar setup, whereas it might be unfeasible in the regular forum).
That actually wasn't Chronos' doing IIRC. Though it would be ironic if that was the third party role that lolthevoidlol had :laughing:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
To me this says that modkills aren't necessarily the answer to accidental night posts.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have an idea, all games start at a specific time, a time that is compatible with Love's schedule, since we seem to be always starting on an Eastern European time schedule anyway.
sorry to all the people who wanted to mod that that doesn't work for.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I like having a real Mafia-website style forum for Mafia. Other Mafia websites do not have thanking or editing, and mods can lock the thread at night, it just makes it closer to the way the game is intended to be played. I will lose most of my post count, leaving me with probably less than 500, but seriously, it's just a number, not a paycheck ;)
yes, having no editing would be nice, but we didn't get that. if we did I might be more favorable

·
Faceless
7,169 Posts

This post is worth a million thanks, by the way.

I mean in all honesty, as much as I like having my precious ego stroked when I get a bunch of thanks, and as much as I'd like a new subforum, I just want to play mafia at the end of the day. That's ultimately what matters.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.