Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys have never liked me or at least have never indicated that they do aside from the occasional "hot bod" and I was wondering if any other female ENTP's have noticed this trend or if it is a personal problem. I've never really had any male friends or at least any close ones, and I was raised by women so... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wut?

I have plenty of male friends, and I often preferred the company of boys throughout childhood. Much of the time, it comes down to me, the only girl, hanging out with a bunch of dudes. No male friends?! How is that possible? How do you deal with so many women all the time? Cripes!

A few guys will express interest, but in general I have to go after guys myself (which I hate doing), because none of them ever really actively pursue. It's kind of annoying, but at least I'm generally able to awkwardly kick-start things myself. If I actually put the effort in, I'm usually pretty successful.

So, no, I'm afraid I can't really relate. I love da dudez. I suggest you make a point of branching out and talking to them more....See where that gets you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm I don't not talk to guys I'm just not really friends with them... I think it might have to do with I went to a private school for pre-k to second grade where there were only two boys in my class. As for hanging out with girls all the time- most of my friends aren't really that girly. (My bestie fences and abhors nearly all girly things... though manages to have a bf... hmm) I'm pretty much the most stereotypically feminine of my friends though they aren't really manly I'm pretty sure pretty much all my close friends are NTs too...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
In your case, i'm sure someone has liked you in the past, they just didn't have the balls to approach you. You want a man with a backbone. if you are truly an ENTP, you can't have a good relationship if you're the only one with a spine. Don't worry, as long as you keep being yourself, someone who's not a jellyfish will come into your life eventually. Also, another thing might be signals that you give off, apparently, i'm horrible with that and give off mixed signals. ( I think just honestly my feelings are mixed sometimes, lol) If you like someone in return, try to give clear signals. Otherwise, whatever you feel is appropriate...

Hope that helps. Confidence with ENTPs comes with time, and then you'll be the most arrogant person you know in no time at all!

·
Registered
54 Posts
do not listen to that entp who said to be arrogant, does that really turn others on when intjs act arrogant? Sometimes but generally not right? Well same goes for us, we don't like arrogant entp's which many have and do come across as, this is probably one of the most annoying traits I find in entps. Also, you might be really ugly or really pretty, cuz if you are really pretty, then most boys will think you are out of their league, you did mention you are more "feminine" but if you are prettier than your friends then yea the boys are just shy. Maybe after their ballz drop they'll ask you out.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
do not listen to that entp who said to be arrogant, does that really turn others on when intjs act arrogant? Sometimes but generally not right? Well same goes for us, we don't like arrogant entp's which many have and do come across as, this is probably one of the most annoying traits I find in entps. Also, you might be really ugly or really pretty, cuz if you are really pretty, then most boys will think you are out of their league, you did mention you are more "feminine" but if you are prettier than your friends then yea the boys are just shy. Maybe after their ballz drop they'll ask you out.
i didn't really mean arrogant, i was just trying to playfully say, that you will build confidence over time, and so this won't even be an issue any more.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
do not listen to that entp who said to be arrogant, does that really turn others on when intjs act arrogant?
Actually, yes, it does. Very much so....

*fap fap fap*

...but seriously. (Like, I'm not joking. Except about actually fapping. I'm at work.)

If you can't put up with the ego, that's too bad, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to pretend to be humble so I'm somehow softer and more attractive to the general population. Granted, if one isn't already arrogant, I suppose she oughtn't necessarily aim to become so, but I feel like life is just a much happier experience when you love yourself wholly.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I had the same problem...but with too few women around me when growing up, so I can relate. Just take it easy... I thought it was simpler for girls (who didnt have to do the chasing, stereotypically)....

I guess we all have our problems....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While talking to my friends today (at the fair wooohoooo!) we came to the conclusion that I have never really had a crush on a guy. Maybe I am the weird one... overly picky? Any suggestions? I know settling isnt a good idea either but I am picky about a lot of things is anyone else like this?:mellow:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I agree with slowpoke, Sounds like we're in the same boat, almost. I've had girls approach me and notice others attracted to me. I just get lost in the epistemology of desire. Best bet, take your time and find a guy, watch for it, it'll be noticeable but subtle in factual ways, you just have to pair it with a feeling that can be fleeting as well. I've never had a close female friend and I'm not too sure why I never seem to make any, except for a few gf's of friends. (tho those friendships typically last about as long as my friends relationship)

·
Registered
163 Posts
While talking to my friends today (at the fair wooohoooo!) we came to the conclusion that I have never really had a crush on a guy. Maybe I am the weird one... overly picky? Any suggestions? I know settling isnt a good idea either but I am picky about a lot of things is anyone else like this?:mellow:
You're in high school.
High school boys often suffer from the following ailments
-Stupid
-Silly
-Insecure
-Immature

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
ENTP's are much better at acting arrogant in a nice way than INTJ's are. :laughing:

(I'm making fun here, but it is actually true.)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suppose :happy: it would be kinda cool to be magical though. Ha well at least I have a sorta date to prom (my best friends bf is going to be in Germany.) :tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts