Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever felt a connection, where your soul constantly has to be around their soul? Like you are constantly pulled towards them and YOU WANT to know everything about them? You barely know them, yet you care about them more than anyone else? You're so magnetically drawn to them, that your soul craves their soul? and also perhaps it was platonic? ( Could be sexual in your experience )

·
Registered
15,895 Posts
I've had those connections with people -- immediate, and I mean immediate connection.... ooooooo, we were in the French Revolution together, weren't we, I think to myself.

Strange feeling, it surely is, that within SECONDS I can hate or be very drawn to another person. But no, sorry, very rarely do I want to know EVERYTHING about another human. Yuck! And no, my soul does not crave their soul (like Dracula? lol). But the strange magnetic or polarizing feeling... oh yeah. Lots of times. Not sexual.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sx
4,013 Posts
Well sure, but that is in my view purely an instant (yet unproven/unjustified) attraction you might feel, because somehow their energy or vibe is something new or different from most people... that can happen.
However, it only really means something when you get to know them better and decide that you still feel the same about them as you did initially (and hoped it was true/accurate what you thought or felt for them - or what you made yourself believe so).

I think most people are somehow incapable to make that distinction and get lost in blindsided love/infatuation maybe. If it works out in the end then of course it was ''love at first sight'', that's convenient though.
Anyway, to be fair I never ''developed'' a stronger attraction or longing for someone after a period of time if it wasn't already there in the beginning. It is not like when you know someone for a longer time they somehow magically start to ooze this interesting attractive energy or vibe that you find attractive - *shrugs* - but ... apparently this is different for everyone and for some people it actually does work this way so... i dont know. This never happened for me though.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yes.

Reactions: Wandering Wizard

·
Registered
INFP, 4w5 sp/sx
1,134 Posts
Has anyone ever felt a connection, where your soul constantly has to be around their soul?
Yes, those are my crushes.
Like you are constantly pulled towards them and YOU WANT to know everything about them?
Naturally, I try to take in as much sensory information as I can to learn about that person. Still, I tend to be rather shy and avoidant around those who create those feelings. My mind more or less thinks "You intrigue me, I must learn more..."
You barely know them, yet you care about them more than anyone else?
Yea...well...hmm, well not more than anyone else. Just an irrationally great deal of caring.
You're so magnetically drawn to them, that your soul craves their soul?
"I WANT YOUR SOUL" Nope, that doesn't sound creepy at all. It definitely feels magnetic while at the same time my body wants to pulls away as a reflex.
and also perhaps it was platonic? ( Could be sexual in your experience )
Well, I always found friendship to be an important foundation of any close relationship that goes beyond the mere platonic.

As said before, the ones whom I feel magnetically drawn toward are most likely girls who I've developed a crush on. Unfortunately, those sensations tend to sap a lot of energy from me and can leave me pretty drained. It also does feel rather painful because of the feeling that I'm never going to be able to be close to someone like that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Being magnetically drawn to someone, in the sense I want to look at them, find out more about them etc, yes this happens. I don't find myself being connected to them though, more like wishing to become connected. And I don't crave their soul, I tend to view them as a whole: body-mind-soul.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes very much so. Most people drain my energy but every once in a while I meet someone with a really positive vibe, and I feel like I can spend my time with them and still feel fine. They are often very empathetic kind individuals.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kinda, there was this guy I was seeing everywhere, at the gym, at church, and he would always go around me, sit close to me, etc. I sorta started to feel like that. Now I don't see him as much and he doesn't go around me that much. I wonder if I gave off a "keep away" vibe. :unsure:

·
Retired Administrator
17,693 Posts
Yeah. There may be times when my capacity or focus must be elsewhere--like where I can't be hyperfocused on understanding or learning everything about them. Perhaps even time when I take information or experiences for granted. But time usually helps remedy that--when it's not necessary to be focused away, the focus will return to figure things out retrospectively. Sometimes I may not notice the significance of something as well, and later will make the connection and expand my understanding.

But yeah. I've felt it on different levels. There's also been times where I've thought of the metaphor that our hearts are like magnets that just want to click back together. Or at least, from my side it's like that. Like I can handle the tension when they aren't, but the idea of completely exiting from their field is terrifying, and never again being close to them.

I suppose it's akin to not really feeling much at all. Though I think I get used to it if need be. It just feels like falling into a vacuum perhaps at the time, or like some empty abyss--like a tear through the fabric of who knows what...a howling darkness. But perhaps it is like magnets...and just because I exit the magnetic field of someone I was once close to doesn't mean the universe is being ripped apart.

And it has nothing to do with Fe for me, but rather individual people.

Edit: Not necessarily someone I barely know. I wonder what it feels like to magnets.

Edit for the fifteenth time: Oh--duh. I just got the Fe joke. Fe is iron. Ferromagnetic.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,345 Posts
I've definitely experienced an instant connection with someone - several times, and yes it's platonic. I wouldn't necessarily say craving their soul or needing to be around them all the time, but definitely feeling like I understand and care deeply for them from the very first conversation we have. Those people hold a special place in my heart, even if we don't get to see eachother often. I think of them as soul-siblings, like our inner essence came from the same place or something.

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Yes of course.

You are automatically more drawn to people or even to some forum members (if we are speaking about Perc). Why? Probably posts they posted, the environment, how they treat you and even their profile photo (because that's the only image you have from them), etcetera... . Of course: this doesn't mean that i associate other people with something negative, but only that i associate with more positive things. In your head: if you want a relationship or a friend, you always imagined what for people you want in your life. Your brain scans for it, and if people match with that, they become attractive. For example: i want to travel or even emigrate to another country (people from other countries are more attractive to me (also because they have another culture, and they have something to tell (people from belgium don't have that, because i already know belgium good).

It's not always easy to change a neutral or even negative image with something positive. But it's possible. I also noticed I had the ability to manipulate those images/assumptions in my own head. For example: if i need to fall in love with someone, i would be able to do that because i can manipulate my brain (complicated, i know). I can create the attractiveness I see in them. I always think that everyone has something attractive in them. You just need to see it and depending on what you want some things will stand out more while others stay more hided.

Reactions: Wandering Wizard

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yup. Happening right now. My thread about it is somewhere around here at the infp forum.

You're free to check by at the thread and advice me to stay as far from the lady as possible because otherwise I'll probably just end up breaking my heart. Oh how I love my life.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts