Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a "strong" score in your type, what is the strongest feature in your writing. For example, very large, very small, very heavy, very light, lots of white space on page, using up the whole page, very right slanted, very left slanted, very narrow, very loopy, etc. etc.
Thanks! This will be interesting.
Lisa

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I am a very certain INFP, with an extreme preference in each category.

My handwriting's strongest feature seems to be the tendency to randomly shoot out sudden flowy, curvy lines, interrupting an otherwise regular, fluid chain of mostly even lettering. I do it habitually and have done it since about the fourth grade. Aside from the occasional stray tail or cross, my writing tends to be rhythmic. This might be related to the fact that I am a musician. My guess about the meaning of the shooting lines is that they relate to one of these qualities: lack of impulse control regarding emotions, the chaotic inspiration process (Ne), my rebelliousness in rejecting anything too rigid/orderly/confining, or a desire to hide/protect myself from being completely open while still retaining a certain level of expressiveness.

I did this handwriting sample for another thread in which someone had asked me how fast I write. Here you can see me making a few of these quick curvy lines.

Reactions: bluefaerie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your handwriting

I watched the video. While I couldn't make out what you wrote, I noticed the very long lower loops of yours (the lower part of the "y" and "g".) You certainly like activity and need lots of variety!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've decided sending a sample of handwritten words is silly and somthing borring people would do.
So instead I'm sending you the most beautiful work of art I have on hand that could be readily scanned.

Strong ENTP with a ridiculous N preference, fairly strong Extraversion, and Thinking scores.
And P? well it depends on the mood and how much I need to get done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm an amateur graphalogist, and so let me impart a bit of knowledge.

Curvy round cursive handwriting betrays an artistic, compassionate person who needs the facts before judging.
Angular and blunt "m"s and "n"s betrays an intelligent, impatient, fast thinker. Rounded "m"s and "n"s betrays a
methodical thinker, someone who needs the facts before a conclusion. A balance between the two indicates a person who has the best of both worlds. Such people are usually mature, which is reinforced by high upper levels (stems that reach upwards above the middle level letters like o,m,n).

Rhythmic writing which is hard to differentiate indicates artistic talent, and cursive writing indicates perseverance. A mix of cursive and print writing indicates intelligence and a mix of intuition, print writing betrays intelligence and tact.

Legibility shows a considerate person.

Upright writing shows extreme logic and impartiality (most INTPs and ISTPs), slanted writing to the right shows a person ruled by his/her feelings and slanted to the left are the opposite.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

Curvy round cursive handwriting betrays an artistic, compassionate person who needs the facts before judging.
Angular and blunt "m"s and "n"s betrays an intelligent, impatient, fast thinker. Rounded "m"s and "n"s betrays a
methodical thinker, someone who needs the facts before a conclusion. A balance between the two indicates a person who has the best of both worlds. Such people are usually mature, which is reinforced by high upper levels (stems that reach upwards above the middle level letters like o,m,n).

Rhythmic writing which is hard to differentiate indicates artistic talent, and cursive writing indicates perseverance. A mix of cursive and print writing indicates intelligence and a mix of intuition, print writing betrays intelligence and tact.

Upright writing shows extreme logic and impartiality (most INTPs and ISTPs), slanted writing to the right shows a person ruled by his/her feelings and slanted to the left are the opposite.
hmmm...this means I'm quick, inconsiderate, impatient, impartial...and mature. :crazy:

What's the difference between writing that's slanted to the right and upright writing? They're both impartial, right?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
here's a post I put to another thread on the site. I recommend you do the zoom-in.

also, Ash, did you mean "portray" ? I'm sure you didn't mean "betray"...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Do me do me! :D

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've always had an affinity toward making the body of my letters small, and the 'stems'(as with Ps, Ts, Fs, etc.) long. I've also had the tendency to take different features out of different forms of calligraphy that have appealed to me. Therefore I have ways of making certain letters that I've never really seen anyone else use informally.

Reactions: snail

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The red boxed x's suggest that you're secretive and self-contained.
No idea what you mean by red boxed.... but you're right.

Very interesting how our personality bleeds through in the little things, through our handwriting, our eyes, our tone of voice, it seems we leave our "fingerprint" on everything we do, whether we like it or not.

Thanks btw.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Who would go through the measures introduced on that website just for a handwriting analysis?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts