Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ ♀ 2w1 || 9w1 || 5w4 Sp/Sx Decadent.
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for a couple of years and I would like to befriend people on perc but while I have talked to some people and added them on platforms like skype, steam, etc, nothing ever came of it.

How does one make friends on personality cafe? D:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think making friends just come naturally, and it's a hit or miss thing.

To make someone a close friend, I guess you have to PM them and talk about personal stuffs, and get to know their real life?

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
You can write over 10,000 posts, and have over 100 friends, but that doesn´t mean that you have ever met someone in real life.
And there are three extreme sides to Online Friendships:

1) I take every Friendship serious, Online is the same as Real Life. Both is Real Life.

2) I distinguish between Online Friendships and those that I have met in Real Life. Real Life is Real.

3) LoLoLoLoL

Those are three Extremes ^^

Number One can have problems when the Expectations are too high, especially if others don´t WANT to meet others. It can be convenient to be friends ONLY online.

Number Two could potentially become a Real Life Friend, but you have to met each other! And then, it is a "chemical" thing ^^ so either you become Real Friends, or that was an Interesting Meeting :confused:

Number Three wants just to have fun. Not Predictable!

So, I recommend to find out what your Online Friends want, before you will become too disappointed.

Or, you are just fine with them only staying Online Friends :)

(Yes, that are just Extreme Examples, the Truth lies in anywhere in the Middle)

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,253 Posts
I made the majority of my friends here through the gaming section, or over the years playing mafia in the mafia subforum. I've met 3 PerC people in real life. I have found I bond well with playing games with other people.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
Well, I guess your list is somewhat bigger then. I just have alot of traits of alot of shit, but not that bad that its diagnosed.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
Lets see..

Schizoid
Avoiding
Self-defeating
Depressive from time to time
Co-dependency till a certain degree
Some traits of the psychopathic spectrum and probably some other
Edit: Also passive agressive.

Shit.. this is off topic.

·
Super Moderator
11,361 Posts
Lets see..

Schizoid
Avoiding
Self-defeating
Depressive from time to time
Co-dependency till a certain degree
Some traits of the psychopathic spectrum and probably some other
Edit: Also passive agressive.

Shit.. this is off topic.
I was going to say that this is not how to make friends, but you beat me to it. :tongue:
Yet, it seems you are. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
11,361 Posts
I'm a nice guy until I got a reason not to be. So most of the time I'm nice :tongue:
I already see that you’re a nice guy.
And, yep, isn’t that everyone basically. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,361 Posts
Yeah, its just that I get irritated quite easily x] Even over smaller things
Controlling emotions without burying yourself or loosing them is quite a conundrum.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I've been a member here for a couple of years and I would like to befriend people on perc but while I have talked to some people and added them on platforms like skype, steam, etc, nothing ever came of it.

How does one make friends on personality cafe? D:
I have a bit of experience trying to make friends with people on PerC a few years ago, and had very mixed results. You just strike up conversations and see how it goes. Some friendships last and others don't. It's like how it is IRL.

I got married to a member, have 2 other people I would consider good friends. Out of about 50-100 that I shared one on one time with. That period was such a haze that I barely remember 1/10th of the people I used to interact with regularly at one point. It was a post-divorce, mega-depression, drug induced friend-making frenzy lol

That said, the change came in me and hence the organic "culling" of PerC friendships. I grew into the man I am today and I pretty much can't relate to the man I was in 2011-2012. It's understandable that the friendships I forged back then faded.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts