Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any other ISFPs have problems making decisions? I'm indecisive to the extreme. Now that I have finished college, real life starts...and I have no idea what I'm doing. I told myself that I wanted to change after school and not let things pass me by. I had some great opportunities the past 4 years, some I took, some I didn't.

I hate making choices that will impact the future for an extended period of time (anything over a year), and I have gone over options but I can't figure out which one I truly want to choose.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Try being an ISFP 7 lol. When all else fails Eeny Meeny Miney Mo works wonders...

Reactions: AnastasiaEgo

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
That's exactly why I have such a problem with it too. I hate having my options taken away when there could be something I missed that's so much better and I can't change my mind later.

Reactions: uncreative_name

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with the both of you! I hate the trapped feeling. That's why I'm having a difficult time getting on with my life right now...I don't know which is the right choice. I feel anything I could pick could have a big effect on my future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If and when I propose to my ISFP girlfriend, I can see one of two things happening:

1) Her jumping in my arms crying tears of joy and saying yes! or

2) Her thinking to herself "omg, this is such a big decision, what should I do? ..............omg........"

:laughing:

·
Registered
94 Posts
If and when I propose to my ISFP girlfriend, I can see one of two things happening:

1) Her jumping in my arms crying tears of joy and saying yes! or

2) Her thinking to herself "omg, this is such a big decision, what should I do? ..............omg........"

:laughing:
*Flips coin*

"YES!"

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
LOL that would be after Eeny Meeny... and I didn't feel satisfied that was the right answer

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am bumping up this super old thread. I am interested in more of your thoughts and experiences with big decision making.I also have trouble and sometimes really spiral in sadness when I can't make up my mind. But recently, I am feeling like all best decisions, in theory, should incorporate all of ones functions.Fi-consider your values, while Te-checks for errors in the plan, as well as helps to troubleshoot for potential problemsSe-open up to the information from your experiences, others experiences, and books/details while Ni-considers the implications, the meaning of the decision, the possibilities that are not obvious to you at first. I think because all your functions are part of you, they will all get affected by the decision so it is best to incorporate them as best as you can, not leaving anyone out. I find it painful to implement a decision solely on just Fi alone without considering also what logically makes sense, what is practical, and what consequences arise. And it is really painful to make decisions with Te alone too, bulldozing over your own needs and values. And with the data you get from both Se and Ni, I think you can find a more wholesome picture of what options are available...options that are seen and what could be.Anyways, that is probably a new thing to say, but I recently have been reading newer theories about how Fi/Te are paired up just like Se/Ni and how they work in tandem and in ways we still are learning about. How each function can help balance each other to an extent and help create better judgment and perceptio n when neither is ignored. Well, I still think my Ni and Te get pretty messy and skewed in times of stress, but I think it is worth developing further and trying to incorporate them into decision making...to influence our Fi and Se, but of course, not overtake them, but help balance them a bit...

Reactions: xraydav

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Isn't this a consequence of ISFP's inferior Te? Try to get some advice from Te types -- they can point you in the right direction (i.e. support your inferior function). But if you have none in family, that's tough luck. There are career consulting services for those ISFPs who have trouble deciding on what to do with their life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts