Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the natural course of conversation I have been making people blush all week, even extroverts.

It's not that I'm saying anything particularly unnerving I don't think, I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Does anyone else have this experience?

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Just in the natural course of conversation I have been making people blush all week, even extroverts.

It's not that I'm saying anything particularly unnerving I don't think, I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Does anyone else have this experience?
Are you positive you were completely dressed when you left the house? I recommend checking carefully every day, just to be sure. (You are, after all, an INTP.)

·
Registered
130 Posts
In middle school, I was known by my friends to "scar their lives" by being embarrassing, but hey, they scarred mine! ;)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Are you positive you were completely dressed when you left the house? I recommend checking carefully every day, just to be sure. (You are, after all, an INTP.)
Yes, unintentional nip slips make me blush. I stare at the ceiling or anywhere else until everything is readjusted.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Wardrobe malfunction, Dearie.

Or ... or perhaps... other people started a rumor about you behind your back and you're just adding fuel unintentionally to whatever they're daydreaming about.... with you in them, of course.

Depending on how far and how long you want to carry on the investigation / charade, to get to the bottom of this. Good luck!

"Psst. Ista's totally cute whenever she's in her full-on research mode. The trance of her denial when confronted is totally irresistible and enchanting at the same time!"

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Enough of the wardrobe malfunction suggestions! They probably blushed because she was so cute. INTPs have that effect on people. I myself have been known to suffer from shaky hands when in the presence of a handsome-but-oblivious-to-it INTP.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yes, unintentional nip slips make me blush. I stare at the ceiling or anywhere else until everything is readjusted.
What line of work are you in, that you get to see such sights? Victoria's Secret? La Leche International?

(Being "alternative" is nice, but maybe you should try hanging out with women who wear boulder-holders.)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Enough of the wardrobe malfunction suggestions! They probably blushed because she was so cute. INTPs have that effect on people. I myself have been known to suffer from shaky hands when in the presence of a handsome-but-oblivious-to-it INTP.
INTPs have the effect of making others blush? I don't know which INTPs you hang out with, but I tend to have the effect of bringing awkward silences or inducing blank/confused stares.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
INTPs have the effect of making others blush? I don't know which INTPs you hang out with, but I tend to have the effect of bringing awkward silences or inducing blank/confused stares.
Don't sell yourself short. The social awkwardness is very endearing. I say this as an envious ISTJ. Our social awkwardness is the "sticks out like a sore thumb" variety.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Don't sell yourself short. The social awkwardness is very endearing. I say this as an envious ISTJ. Our social awkwardness is the "sticks out like a sore thumb" variety.
Envious? I would gladly hand over my social awkwardness to you. I'm sure it'll be better off with an owner that appreciates it more.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
What line of work are you in, that you get to see such sights? Victoria's Secret? La Leche International?

(Being "alternative" is nice, but maybe you should try hanging out with women who wear boulder-holders.)
I don't see such sights, I anticipate the slippage and then I'm looking at the ceiling.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did make up a spreadsheet of things to check because I was tired of random malfunctions.

As paranoid as all these posts have made me I think I was dressed for the entire week :). And some of the blushers were above rumor mills.

I'm going to choose believe that I was so dressed that people didn't know how to take me.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I wish this thread was called "Making People Flush," because there's really no excuse not to. Though I don't think I'd chase anyone down and yell at them. I'd just do it myself as a public service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts