Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I figured I might as well just do this. It'd be nice to get extra reassurance. Why not? ^^

Some things you might want to know about me:

I took a cognitive functions test (Keys2). I took it a couple times and tried to be 100% accurate. Here are my results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***** (5.9)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45)
excellent use

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Not exactly "unsure" more as curious. The first time I took an MBTI test, I took two and they were for free online. I did it for a class. One had only yes or no answers (which thoroughly annoyed me x3), and the other had a "middle" answer option so I liked it much better. I was strikingly honest on both and got ENFP on both of them. After that, I began really looking into the personality types. ENFP fits. I type as ENFP lots, even on cognitive function tests. However, I have been typed as ENFJ and INFP. o_O

But more than anything, I wonder if I'm more of a Sensor than Intuitive, despite the fact that I always turn out as one.

Bottom line is, I over-analyze things. I always second guess myself. And third guess myself. And run around in circles. x3

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Hmmm... I just like being content. ^^ I hope to see new places, things, and people. And I hope to help people. To be the best I can.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Any time when I get to be with my friends. Recently I went to Washington DC (something I actually do somewhat frequently due to my location) and I just let the experience wash over me. I had so much fun people-watching and wondering... I do lots of wondering. ^^ Just thinking of "I wonder about this person? Who they are really? What made them where they are now? How they would be acting if they were in a different situation?" But that's something that made me feel good. Plus I was with my friends at the time. :)

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I feel unable and helpless when everybody is leaping and bounding ahead of me and be courageous. And I just feel as though I'm a bit of a "burden" in that sense. It all depends, really. A well placed insult can make me feel inferior. Criticism makes me angry towards myself. It all depends.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I weigh decisions based on how I feel about it as well as other peoples' feelings.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't need control. I like being a follower. I like helping come up with ideas. I like to be an "adviser" when I can.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun a lot, so this is tough. ^^ The Washington DC trip I mentioned before was definitely fun. There was a time where I got to meet a friend from far away. We just talked for a long time about anything and everything. That was fun. Another time was just a time when I was alone. I took a walk on our property (we live in the country). I stood on the top of a hill and felt the wind. It felt good. It's times like that when I feel as though if I took another step backwards, I could zoom out and see everything as it is completely. Which sounds odd.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Well, being a primarily auditory and kinesthetic learner, I naturally latch onto things that are more hands-on. I'm good with memorizing so long as I can make it an auditory thing. I theorize quite a bit. Or at least I love theories. I like coming up with them. I like playing with them. I also simply like all the hands-on stuff though. :)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I've been taught my organization skills. If I hadn't, I'd certainly be very unorganized. I'm still not all that wonderful at this particular skill.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Principles first. Then information. ^^

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I must do both, but I know that above all if I am not following what I believe and being myself, that is wrong and I feel very hindered. I try not to do that.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

A bit of both, really. Sometimes I find myself thinking out loud. Thinking while I'm talking... and then other times, I like to listen and think about it before contributing.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Look before leaping. Feelings speak more than both those, I think. Feelings will tell you a person's true motivation. Action is just a reflection of those feelings. I don't think action always speaks louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Friends. Easy. ^^ I'm not one for TV shows, anyway.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Tired and anxious. There's a weight on me. It's very taxing. I try and start thinking optimistically. Stress can really tie me down.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When they don't respect or accept others in any way. Acceptance and being open-minded enough to value other peoples' opinions is something I really value.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything and everything. ^^ Well, I suppose talk about clothes and gossip can get pretty boring... I figured out anything can be interested if the other person is passionate about it. For instance, clothing can be interesting if you think about it in terms of a reflection of society. My sister and I do have fashion topics now and again. I'm surprised at how interesting it was. I love being able to talk about music to other people. :) Like I said, pretty much anything.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Umm... I suppose... I'm not sure. o_O Daily things? Matching socks. XD Chores. I don't know.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Nobody who is my friend would ever say that I am a "CHARRGGEEE!" type of person. Their perception of me is a happy, slightly idiotic at times, warm, kind, encouraging person. Hopefully. XD I know I'm not all of those things sometimes. ^^ Well, sometimes I think they don't get to see a lot of the quiet side of me. The side that is very observing, catching things. The side that would CHARGE if the situation arose. But... I think they see in me things I don't even know about myself. :)

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Aha! I want to read that book The Night Circus that never came in the mail! I want to then hang out in town and walk around chatting with my close friends. Perhaps just one or two or three of them. Have coffee, perhaps. I'm in a laid back mood as of right now. :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@JungyesMBTIno - I could use a bit of help. Don't mean to be annoyingly bothersome though. O_O

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@Julia Bell

No problem. You're interesting anyway!

Okay, so your cognitive function results are a little wacky, although fundamentally, they fit the ENFP type, if you consider that your highest scores are the first two functions (in the proper order) of ENFPs (Ne-Fi). Somehow, the questions might've been picking up on tert. Te as Ti and Ne or Si as Se sometimes for some reason...the tests aren't very reliable for the most part, so I wouldn't lose sleep over those.

Bottom line is, I over-analyze things. I always second guess myself. And third guess myself. And run around in circles. x3
Because you tend to examine a ton of possibilities, perhaps?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Any time when I get to be with my friends. Recently I went to Washington DC (something I actually do somewhat frequently due to my location) and I just let the experience wash over me. I had so much fun people-watching and wondering... I do lots of wondering. ^^ Just thinking of "I wonder about this person? Who they are really? What made them where they are now? How they would be acting if they were in a different situation?"
This is like classic Ne-Fi psychology, lol.

I like helping come up with ideas. I like to be an "adviser" when I can.
Dominant Ne and auxiliary Fi "parenting" of others.

So, from this, I'm pretty confident about ENFP for you. You didn't say a thing about introversion here, so I have no reason to suspect that you are an anomalous introvert. You might be thinking you're an introvert due to being pretty balanced around your dominant and aux. functions, as indicated by the CF test.

Reactions: Loveternity

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@JungyesMBTIno - thank you so much! ^^ I've had times where on cognitive functions test my Fi comes out higher than Ne. And sometimes Fe higher than Fi and Ne. Well, those tests aren't all that accurate, I suppose, like you said. That one was the best I've found so far. ^^' Yes, I examine lots of possibilities. Lots. O__O

Oh. So that's classic Ne-Fi psychology. Well, I wasn't completely sure. Lol. XD

Eh, no, I'm an extrovert. I mean, lots of things have tried to type me as INFP which makes me just laugh, really. I know my Fi is high, almost much equal with Ne and I think I can feel that if I really look at myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts