Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going ahead and making this thread, because I got tired of waiting. The waiting took a good five minutes.

What do I love about the INTP I know? That he is super-gorgeous, and completely oblivious to that fact. I love the little frown he gets when he's thinking hard about a mathematical problem. I love that he has NO IDEA that a green sweater should NOT be worn over a red shirt unless you're playing the Christmas tree in somebody's pageant. I love how one sleeve is buttoned at the cuff and the other is pushed up above his elbow. And I'm totally crazy about the hair on his forearms. He's sweet, shy, modest, and self-deprecating, even though he's so much smarter than most of the people around him.

What I don't like is that he barely knows I exist. Sigh. He's my Unattainable Dream.
Alright, guys, we obviously can't let this state of affairs continue. And giving advice is what we do. So hit it!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Isn’t this why the dating advice thread has been stickied ? Just pile this on top of the discussion illustrating that most relationships are doomed to failure.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn’t this why the dating advice thread has been stickied ? Just pile this on top of the discussion illustrating that most relationships are doomed to failure.
Eh, never like that sticked thread anyway. Besides, I don't think this issue has been addressed in there. If you want, you can cross-link the two threads.

So, I'd say anonymous geeky love notes, just to get things started.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha.

Alright, I'll give less cynical advice.

Tell him. Shoot him with the love gun (that sounds dirty). Hit him over the head with a baseball bat. We're oblivious sometimes. Use your sexiness, intelligence, and charm.
But don't forget the baseball bat!

Also, um... @Richard What's your taste in sweaters, again? Just checking...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
But don't forget the baseball bat!

Also, um... @Richard What's your taste in sweaters, again? Just checking...
You americans and your made up words.

I wasn’t aware I had a taste in sweaters. Usually people tell me I “need to get some fucking clothes” and off I go to pick something, eeny meeny miny oh that one is dark and in no way stands out. No pattern or oversized logos ? Excellent.

Edit:

Oh, I forgot to add.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You americans and your made up words.

I wasn’t aware I had a taste in sweaters. Usually people tell me I “need to get some fucking clothes” and off I go to pick something, eeny meeny miny oh that one is dark and in no way stands out. No pattern or oversized logos ? Excellent.
So, no green sweaters over red shirts? (Oh, and I just got what you meant "everyday with him is like Christmas." derp derp)

Anyway, a bit more seriously: if @DaisyChain were up to the direct approach, she might have already taken it. Any idea of about how to see if he's interested or provoking interest from him before making the plunge? I ain't kidding about the geeky anonymous love notes, by the way.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
Anyway, a bit more seriously: if @DaisyChain were up to the direct approach, she might have already taken it. Any idea of about how to see if he's interested or provoking interest from him before making the plunge? I ain't kidding about the geeky anonymous love notes, by the way.
Just send an email. "I am attracted to you. Just thought you should know." I know somebody who did this with an INTP and they are now in a serious relationship.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
Usually people tell me I “need to get some fucking clothes” and off I go to pick something, eeny meeny miny oh that one is dark and in no way stands out. No pattern or oversized logos ? Excellent.
I usually go to the store look at everything. Decide I hate everything and come back and say that there is nothing good.

I wish that all clothes were sold in multipacks like socks and underwear.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just send an email. "I am attracted to you. Just thought you should know." I know somebody who did this with an INTP and they are now in a serious relationship.
I think it would be less nerve-racking to do it in person: imagine the *wait*. @DaisyChain what's your MBTI? that might help figure out how to do this in a way that's not too soul-crushing.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I usually go to the store look at everything. Decide I hate everything and come back and say that there is nothing good.

I wish that all clothes were sold in multipacks like socks and underwear.
There is a service that mails you a box o' fashionable clothes every once in a while. I know this because stumbleupon has apparently decided I'm a yuppie, and keeps spamming me with an ad for it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
ask if you can borrow a pencil or something.

then when you're done with the pencil give it back, say thanks, and "my name is _______ by the way :)"

then repeat...

except the next time, say his name, crack a joke about you always losing your pencils.

then let the games begin!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
It's odd how that would not freak me out in the slightest. Then again, wouldn't most INTPs need a little time to process that (thus the wonder of emails not requiring an immediate response)?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
ask if you can borrow a pencil or something.

then when you're done with the pencil give it back, say thanks, and "my name is _______ by the way :)"

then repeat...

except the next time, say his name, crack a joke about you always losing your pencils.

then let the games begin!
I could see that breaking the ice after a couple of times. But if it persists for far too long, I would just get aggravated with having to give this moron a new pencil every day XD

1 - 20 of 46 Posts