Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other male ENFPs find it much more natural to befriend girls? There are certainly other guys I can banter with on an individual basis, but being in a group of guys is weird for me, and I've usually been apathetic towards hanging out with my male friends outside of school. Same can be said for hanging out with a large group of girls, but most of my strongest friendships since highschool have been girls.

Strangely enough, I pretty much hung out with guys exclusively throughout middle school and elementary school.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I feel more or less the same way. I actually have a hard time asking girls out because I get extremely comfortable with thinking of them as friends - a dating weakness that has only recently come to light. Sometimes my emotions become conflicted, and I ask them out - but that's when the true test of friendship comes into play. And luckily for me, they're usually pretty cool about it and understand. I've come to understand that I really need to sort out how I feel about a girl as quickly as possible lest I become complacent and make things awkward.

Beyond that, I've always gotten along with girls much better than guys, on average - but there are a few guys that I get along with much better than pretty much anyone else (and one of them is an ENFP). It's probably because my interests are pretty decidedly "unmanly" in our culture: music, theatre, language, academia, chess, poetry, etc. While there are certainly other guys with similar interests, they are few and far between; but girls tend to have these interests, as well, and like discussing them openly.

While I'm rambling, I may as well include a funny and tangentially related story here:

I was dating this girl earlier this year, and she had recently gotten a second job working part-time afternoon and night shifts at a local bar. Due to this fact, I had to basically visit her at the bar because she and I were both busy as fuck doing what we needed to do. In walks this guy who's a friend of hers, and he asks, "I assume the car with the stuffed animals in the back window is yours?"

She looks at me and says, "Nope, that's this guy's. He's a sensitive one!"

The reason for those stuffed animals are varied but all related to very specific memories. I have a pink dolphin named Steve that my friend bet me he could pull out of the claw machine on his first try. We were on our way to The Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear. I gave him the 50 cents, and he got it. We (him, me, and the other 2 people with us) collectively decided on the name Steve for whatever reason.

For my 21st birthday, a couple girls got me a gag gift of a stuffed gorilla that sings and dances. That's pretty much the story.

Lastly, a friend of mine crocheted me a stuffed Pichu as a Christmas present. No one had ever made something like this before for me as a gift, which made me quite happy, so I put it in my car, naturally! :D

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever locate my childhood stuffed animal. I miss him and he deserves to be on display more than any of the other ones! :(

---

I went in a completely different direction than intended, but seriously, I agree with your point. I just tend to get along with girls more often and more naturally.

Reactions: cudibloop

·
Registered
930 Posts
No, I agree. I really prefer mixed groups though to being solely male/female. I need SOME guys around or I go crazy >.<

I've never bought into the whole group of 'lads' thing though. Guys I hang out with tend to be either other N's or introverted SP's :p some ESP's I get on with really well, others I clash with, it depends. Same with SJ's =)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
No, I agree. I really prefer mixed groups though to being solely male/female. I need SOME guys around or I go crazy >.<

I've never bought into the whole group of 'lads' thing though. Guys I hang out with tend to be either other N's or introverted SP's :p some ESP's I get on with really well, others I clash with, it depends. Same with SJ's =)
i'm the same. it's awesome being one of the only guys in a group of mostly girls, but after a while you need your man-time :p

still, given the choice i would 100x prefer that than be in a group of mostly guys.

like i've said a million times before, i don't get guys who don't want to be friends with girls because they want to go out with them.. it's juvenile, and more to the point it's a fail move altogether, and i can't see how other guys can't see that; because having female friends is great for a number of reasons, which i also feel like i've talked about a million times before.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i'm the same. it's awesome being one of the only guys in a group of mostly girls, but after a while you need your man-time :p

still, given the choice i would 100x prefer that than be in a group of mostly guys.

like i've said a million times before, i don't get guys who don't want to be friends with girls because they want to go out with them.. it's juvenile, and more to the point it's a fail move altogether, and i can't see how other guys can't see that; because having female friends is great for a number of reasons, which i also feel like i've talked about a million times before.
"Man Time"... >.< I like that, I'm gonna start calling it that now :p

I totally agree, too many guys assume that because I have quite a lot of female friends I want to sleep with them and I'm just like no.... I'll honestly never understand guys who think that befriending girls entitles them to sex, it's just ridiculously stupid :p :L girls are better than guys in a lot of ways and guys are better than girls in a lot of ways, we're lucky that we find it easy compared to other types to have a balance gender wise when it comes to friends =)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Girls are incredible in every shape and form.

And besides, the girls I know want to talk about
Romance
Dating
Feelings
Emotion
Music
Fashion

The Guys I know want to talk about

Stuff they bought
Sports
Banging chicks
Drinking
etc

So the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I can't really say I've had a problem on any of these fronts. I've lived in student residences and hostels where the girls outnumbered 7:1, and I'd drag groups of girls out for nights on the town (one bar owner loved me for it xD) no different than I'd drag the group of guys I'd meet at video game tournaments out for a meal after the event.

Really, I'm used to a pretty even split of friendships between the genders. My early-to-mid 20's, I probably had slightly more lady-friends because more ladies than guys around here seemed to have an interest in literature studies, the Spanish-cultural sphere and learning to meditate. Since then, I've been having a lot of fun with various competitive hobbies though, and my group of friends is probably more male-dominated now because of it.

Really, it's all good and I'll find a way to have fun no matter how girly or manly the environment is.

Girls are incredible in every shape and form.

And besides, the girls I know want to talk about
Romance
Dating
Feelings
Emotion
Music
Fashion

The Guys I know want to talk about

Stuff they bought
Sports
Banging chicks
Drinking
etc

So the choice is obvious.
Props for somehow surviving in your world. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm a 50/50 split in gender regarding my friends. Although most of my male friends are less the typical "bro", instead they're typically intellectual, geeky or artistic guys. The people I truly have trouble immediately connecting to are SJ's, though I do have a few SJ friends anyway. :happy:

On retrospect; I do have much easier time than most guys connecting with girls. Unless I crush on them, then I turn into a little avoidant shy teenage girl - even if I was previously wasn't. :frustrating:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't put much stock into if someone I am friends with is male or female. It honestly makes no difference as I treat everyone of my friends the same. I will listen to them, engage in converstion about what they want to talk about. They will all do the same for me. If someone has a good heart, it makes no difference what parts they have!

As for going out and doing activities, I tend to be a little bit of an adrenaline junkie. The some of the female friends I have will join in stuff I go and do and some of the male friends as well. Granted, more of the males participate in some of the more extreme stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts